BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Basel

To be fair to the drummers, since the 'Get rid of the drummer' thread came about they haven't been too bad.

They are still doing those ridiculous attempts to put the goalkeeper off. It will be embarrassing to be seen on TV tonight.. thats if its on of course.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going. Its too cold. I am going to go home, have egg mashed up in a cup, wrap myself in my duvet and watch Coronation Street.

I hope Jack Frost doesnt get me when I run from the car into my house.

Evil, evil man

Who are we playing tonight? I've forgot

You really are a grumpy young woman/man Stella ;)

Looking forward to tonight, although I have the strong feeling that we will lapse back to our more recognisable selves in Europe , IE a one all draw. Rovers are the biggest footballing foul-up recidivists.

Don't think the UEFA booze ban will help Blackburns thirsty footballing fans flock to fortress Ewood.

"Forget it, it's fairly freezing outside, fink I'll fore-go footy in favour of filling my fast filling fat belly."

Forecast?

4-4.

It's £15 in total for tickets to Basel and Nancy- If they're not good enough for some Rovers fans- they should go and support Accy Stanley in the Johnston's paint trophy Northern Section or whatever it's called.

Good idea! Much more exciting watching proper football!!

Gray didn't look interested enough for me on Sunday and Mc Eveley will never make a full back if he lives to be a thousand ( he had no real pace to start with and two major injuries have slowed him down even more, 1st ingredient in a top class fullback = pace , when that goes you're finished in that position.)

How about playing Zurab at RB ,Neill at LB and bring either Todd or Henchoz into the centre back position, both Zurab and Neill have played there before and given the way things are going if we need cover at centre back one of Todd or Henchoz needs the match practice.

As for the rest of the team - I wouldn't play anyone who is not 100% fit , we need a win on Sunday more than tonight.

Another point, bringing a big man in and leaving Gray out will give us more height in the team, useful at corners.

Utterly agree. Think that either Todd or Henchoz would be a much safer and reliable option at the back, as neither Gray or McEveley are good enough. Gray would be decent back up if he could be bothered (although too error prone to be 1st choice) and McEveley also seems to lack concentration as well as seriously struggling for pace.

A win isn't vital so I wouldn't rush any players back, but with the same team as Sunday's game I really can't see us winning. Too many average players imo.

We really need Tugay, Benni and Bentley to have storming games as they're our most influential players and what with all the injuries it becomes even more crucial that they are on top of their game. Sadly Benni whilst class has quiet spells and Tugay had a poor game vs West Ham so I'm a bit worried whether they can carry us through.

Being optimistic a 0-0 draw.

£10 Season ticket holders

£15 Non season ticket holders

£5 Senior citizens

£5 Juniors

Tickets are available right up to kick off.... but, as Lee and countless others have advised, over and over and over and over again- IT IS ADVISED YOU GO AND GET THEM EARLY!!!!! This avoids hundreds of people queuing up, looking gaumless with minutes to spare before kick off. Those people that wait until then deserve to miss kick off and a few goals as far as I'm concerned

Oh by the way, its LIVE on Eurosport.

Edited by SuperStella

just spoke to the ticket office: apparently the queue is massive, about 1 mile long when I spoke to them 20 mins ago :ph34r: ;)

I guess there will be a fairly big queue tonight, but I've already secured my tickets for tonight and the Nancy match for £5 :rover:

Edited by pks1984

to be fair i more concerned with the result than the attendence.

hopefully we can give the swiss rolls a pasting and eat them for dinner.

super gross the spurs legend is their gaffer, i beleve when he took his spurs side to ewood they won 4-1? shocking!

time to put things right tonight!!!

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

Steady on James, that is hardly a fair comment. You would have to be a real died in the wool thug to mix it with Rooney. Any normal bloke who has too much to drink would have absolutely no chance.

Hence the wink. ;)

Certainly didn't want to take away from Gray, who wore the scar from that incident. I would be wearing a few crushed bones, I suspect, if I came across Rooney. :ph34r:

***BREAKING NEWS***

Obviously all previous posts have been putting on a continual disappearing act and consequently don't exist, so listen up! The match is live on television on British Eurosport!!! Who woulda thunk it?

You can also see Blackburn Rovers in the flesh at Ewood Park! Don't make the mistake of flying to Switzerland!

We better damn win too, seeing as I put money on us. That was on the assumption that Savage would play. I hope he does play. That'll learn me for putting money on early.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.