BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Forget How To Defend Corner

Each time at second half when opponents get a corner that corner will change to a goal. It seems that we did not train how to defend corner. One for Liverpool, another for Westham. If my memory is not wrong, I remember we lose a few more goal in corner.

In FM it is difficult to score in corner so why it is so easy in reality??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pray tell, why do we never ever put a man on the far post when defending corners? i'm not saying that it would definitely have stopped today's goal, BUT, its just perplexing that we should leave one post unmarked. surely we can afford to put someone there??

Come on, his point is valid enough. Play nice.

His point was this:-

In FM it is difficult to score in corner so why it is so easy in reality??

How can you conpare what goes on in Football Manager to REAL LIFE.

Are you agreeing with him on it :blink:

I agree, our defence of the corner was poor, but it should not have been given!

Good to see Michael Gray back too! - wheres Andy Todd? <_<

If he performs like that we won't be seeing much more of him. Andrew Todd is out of frame because of his outburst at being dropped for oojer.

Regardless of the fact that it was not a corner you still have to defend it. Feel hard done to yes but concentration is key in football and we have very little of it from set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

If he performs like that we won't be seeing much more of him. Andrew Todd is out of frame because of his outburst at being dropped for oojer.

Regardless of the fact that it was not a corner you still have to defend it. Feel hard done to yes but concentration is key in football and we have very little of it from set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

Nah, I think Michael Gray had a good game - considering he's not started for a while.

I'm not convinced by Ooijer, prefer Todd.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Last one i clearly remember was tugs' against fulham from MGP corner.

Zurab and Nelsen have had a few chances but we never seem to make the most out of corners and free kicks.

His point was this:-

How can you conpare what goes on in Football Manager to REAL LIFE.

Are you agreeing with him on it :blink:

You pick out the last bit, which he probably included just as a humorous paralell. There's no need to answer to a post out of context just to show discontent. Do I agree? Yes, we do concede too much from corners and set pieces.

Edited by herbergeehh

I thought Ooijer did well today, best I have seen him anyway.

agree with frosty there; ooijer does seem to have (finally) settled in. in fact, i thought he's been improving with every passing game. if only we had nelsen fit...

Can't remember one this season, but last game of last season Khiz the asylum seeker vs Man City?

Correct, however, Calamity James (Changed man @ Pompski?) did literally hand it them on a plate.

Our Corners (From an offensive & defensive point of view) are SHOCKING!

Our side is the only side I know where the opposition get dead excited when they get a corner awarded against them !

i.e. No one moves, no one makes early or late runs, the arms up in the air signals "Another one for you keeper" and you can see their forwards salivating at the prospect of the break away!

:(

worryingly, the mistakes have come from players in all different positions :-liverpool - emerton bolton- neill west ham - gallagher.

it's a collective problem. corners will dominate this weeks training sessions.

I do agree Pleasure, but the thing is you can practice and practice set pieces but it only takes one player in the 90 minutes to turn off for a split second and you're screwed-like we have been that has now cost us at least four points in the last three games.

I do agree Pleasure, but the thing is you can practice and practice set pieces but it only takes one player in the 90 minutes to turn off for a split second and you're screwed-like we have been that has now cost us at least four points in the last three games.

I think our players need a montage in corner training!

players switching off is all it is.

our own corners also need working on.

did anyone else notice everton's goal at the emirates? cahill hid behind yobo and then darted in to score.

we've not been a threat from corners for about 10 years! we need a return to the 'wilcox and sherwood' inventive set-pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.