BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Think what you want. It appears that a number of senior first team players want away,

Nothing new there then. :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder the Walker Trust want to be away too? I'd be the same too if it was my business Tris. The quicker the better. It's just a thankless and pointless exercise where the tail continually wags the dog.

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

Rovers very rarley release statements on anything until its concrete, I presume this is just a way of telling Benni we won't be bullied by him.

It's a shame it's come to this, Benni on form is a joy to watch, a brilliant player to have in your team when you're winning especially when he turns on the style.

I imagine Rovers are working furiously on the replacement and as soon as that is lined up Benni will be bye bye.

Why he couldn't just be professional and do the job he's being paid handsomely for is beyond me though

McCarthy is still on the Rovers payroll and should be hit with a massive fine for his behaviour.

More interesting is West Ham's role in this, probably instructing the player to stir up trouble to secure his move.

Fantastic build-up for the Wigan game. Thank you Benni.

Edited by jim mk2

A better man manager would have got the maximum out of this talented player, using the World Cup situation positively to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers, rather than allowing a situation to develop where he might join a rival for whatever pittance they now choose to offer - and no doubt bag a hatful of goals for them to prove a point to his ex-manager.

Tugay, then Warnock, now maybe McCarthy, good players who didn't need to be forced out or sold. Rumblings that Dunn, Pedersen and Hoilett don't like what's happening.

A lot of twist being put on that.

As I have already mentioned, Hughes was starting Roberts ahead of McCarthy in his last season..obviously McCarthy's attitude and work rate isn't just a problem for Sam.

Do you genuinely believe Tugay should still be playing for us? He's nearly 40. I'd hate for his memories to be tarnished by playing past his sell by date. If he was still a Premier League player, another club would have picked him up...that he has remained retired speaks volumes.

As for Warnock...Williams said his sale 'plugged a hole in the budget'. Sounds to me like pressure would have been put on Sam to let him go.

I've probably twisted this a bit the other way now...the truth probably lies halfway between our posts.

Why he couldn't just be professional and do the job he's being paid handsomely for is beyond me though

Cos he'll no doubt be on a back hander to get BRFC to reduce the asking price.

Who can blame BRFC for not shelling out on transfer fees when this type of blackmail is permitted. As I've said before we should be top payers yet should pay no transfer fees whatsoever and offer short contracts to all but a very few.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

More to the point, the psychology of the entire dressing room ... the players who can't escape Allardyce in the next 7 days will certainly see this from Benni's side of the fence and will no doubt spend the next 3 months planning their own exits in the summer.

Doesn't bode well.

Exactly which is why I ventured what I did on the Sam Targets thread.

Sam has to change his game dramatically or else there is not going to be much left for his successor regardless of which division we are in next season.

• Like 1

Think what you want. It appears that a number of senior first team players want away, even if McCarthy has been the most vocal about it (he has more at stake with the World Cup situation). He hasn't been so unfit as to be left out of the squad has he??

A better man manager would have got the maximum out of this talented player, using the World Cup situation positively to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers, rather than allowing a situation to develop where he might join a rival for whatever pittance they now choose to offer - and no doubt bag a hatful of goals for them to prove a point to his ex-manager.

Tugay, then Warnock, now maybe McCarthy, good players who didn't need to be forced out or sold. Rumblings that Dunn, Pedersen and Hoilett don't like what's happening.

There's a real fear for me that Allardyce's legacy will be a squad stripped of entertaining, talented footballers and it will take years to rebuild a Blackburn Rovers team worth paying to watch.

McCarthy underachieved under Hughes after the first season. MGP the same after perhaps a calendar year at his 'best.' Dunn has underachieved for everyone since Souness. Hoilett has proved nothing.

Your argument is made poorer by the history Allardyce has for getting the best our of players who have lost their 'desire.'

Maybe we were just full of bad eggs, but they were Hughes' bad eggs? That's how it looks to me.

Either way, how you can lay blame on Allardyce for the fact that a fat waster who has done sod all in three years for three different managers is beyond me.

• Like 3

Think what you want. It appears that a number of senior first team players want away, even if McCarthy has been the most vocal about it (he has more at stake with the World Cup situation). He hasn't been so unfit as to be left out of the squad has he??

There's a real fear for me that Allardyce's legacy will be a squad stripped of entertaining, talented footballers and it will take years to rebuild a Blackburn Rovers team worth paying to watch.

1. How do you know that Tris?

2. Do you welcome this type of player power?

3. Is it possible that you are speaking for someone else?

Very disappointed in Benni, fair enough if he wants to leave but that is not the right way to go about it. There's no chance of getting an effort from him now he's done this so might as well get rid as quickly as possible. Slap with the biggest fine possible and get as much money for him as we can.

You're a disgrace McCarthy, no one player is bigger than Blackburn Rovers; certainly not you.

a fat waster who has done sod all in three years for three different managers is beyond me.

He's scored 52 goals in the 3 1/2 years he's been here. Not bad for a fat waster.

And if his record at BRFC is "underachieving" then heaven help the strikers Allardyce has brought to the club.

He's scored 52 goals in the 3 1/2 years he's been here. Not bad for a fat waster.

And if his record at BRFC is "underachieving" then heaven help the strikers Allardyce has brought to the club.

24 in his first year. 24 in the NEXT TWO YEARS. Then just 4 in half a season this season. Is that achieving his potential? Hughes couldn't get Benni to perfom like he did in his first season, Ince couldn't and Allardyce is now getting the blame.

You really do like to use anything to Allardyce bash don't you?

Benni has lived off that first season for two and a half years. He is an under-achiever and that is not Allardyce's fault, or Hughes, or Ince but it is Benni's.

Tris, straight question. Has Benni behaved professionally with Rovers over this?

• Like 1

24 in his first year. 24 in the NEXT TWO YEARS. Then just 4 in half a season this season. Is that achieving his potential? Hughes couldn't get Benni to perfom like he did in his first season, Ince couldn't and Allardyce is now getting the blame.

You really do like to use anything to Allardyce bash don't you?

Benni has lived off that first season for two and a half years. He is an under-achiever and that is not Allardyce's fault, or Hughes, or Ince but it is Benni's.

Tris, straight question. Has Benni behaved professionally with Rovers over this?

Spot on. Get rid and get Beattie in as a replacement? Can't think of too many more available. Granted Beattie is a completely different player but he would be an Allardyce sort of player. Hopefully Niko will start scoring some goals and we won't miss him at all!

Not turning up for training is something you would expect of a Sunday player, not a supposedly top-class professional. .

McCarthy quite frankly is taking the pi$$ out of Rovers.

Anyone backing him and using this situation as a stick to beat the manager is not a true Rovers supporter.

• Like 6

No of course he hasn't, and you won't find me defending him over this method of forcing a move.

But he gives (gave) us another dimension, and has been misused by a manager intent on relying on percentages rather than flair, in a season when he should have been given the platform to perform to his maximum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.