BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Its all well and good always pointing the finger at Benni for his fitness. But what about Dunn? His fitness is a bloody joke and I bet if somone who lived their life as a model professional had the same injury as Dunn now, they would of only missed a couple of games and would of been here to help the club move up the table.

Maybe its a matter of terminology, as I'm from the U.S. and may be applying words differently. If so, I apologize.

When I referred to training hard, I meant hitting the gym, controlling one's diet, getting the necessary fieldwork. In other words, not acting as if one had a divine right to start a game. Benni, from what I've gleaned from reading some comments from Sam and others, does not train hard, does not take care of himself. Benni believes he can get by on natural talent. Maybe he can. What is certain is that attitude does not sit well with Sam. So Sam and Benni find themselves in a tussle, with Sam demanding more in training and sitting Benni out until he gets it (which is always the ultimate source of a manager's power of his players). My hope is that Bennni will swallow his pride and make more of an effort training and diet-wise, and that Sam will likewise swallow his pride and accept any improvement that Benni makes as in keeping with his intructions. I fear that we are observing a good player and a good manager at loggerheads because both are pigheaded stubborn.

Anyone who has Rovers World, what does Benni say on the official site? He looks happy!

Just saying he loves playing and enjoys himself when playing. Unhappy he has not scored more goals (cites the Spurs game) and we did not get 3 points versus Wigan - said we have been on the end of some bad luck and good goalkeeping.

Smiled when asked on his future, said time will tell.

Salgado view here: 'Benni is a top-quality player. He's a key player - everyone needs them in their team.

Edited by John

Bang on cue........ Pie eaters 0-1 Benny Macarthy :tu:

Benni MaCarthy played like a man who had his desire back.

A moment second half, when he chased a Wigan Defender down, the defender then passes it to his fellow defender right back, Benni chases again doing a ten yard dooggy run, then that defender passed on to another Wigan player to which Benni looks around looking for the support of his fellow team mates.

It was highly noticeable that the nearest players Di Santo, and Hoilet, just stood there watching Benni chasing around offering no support to him whatsoever.

He could possibly be a potential captain if he kept this kind of work rate up.

Calm - let's see if he can be consistent.

True, I, was going to finish off with words to that effect but then backed off.

Benni showed a willingness though that was clear for all to see in yesterdays game regardless of his goal.

Did anyone witness the corner inside the last five/ten minutes were Benni takes it and it sails over everyone out for a goalkick on the opposite side of the goal.

Rovers had three players standing together about three yards out from the penalty spot Nelsen was one, as Benni approached to kick the ball ALL three players went together attacking the same space, when one of them should have tailed off to the back post for what would have been a possible attempt at goal.

Did anyone else see it that way?

Edited by JAL

Did anyone witness the corner inside the last five/ten minutes were Benni takes it and it sails over everyone out for a goalkick on the opposite side of the goal.

Rovers had three players standing together about three yards out from the penalty spot Nelsen was one, as Benni approached to kick the ball ALL three players went together attacking the same space, when one of them should have tailed off to the back post for what would have been a possible attempt at goal.

Did anyone else see it that way?

Corners are worked on in training.

It must have been pre-planned and probably just a bad delivery, don't forget it was late on and Benni's legs had more than likely all but given up.

Guest Kamy100

Things just get worse, utterly stupid that the one class striker that we have at the club is being "forced" out.

Benni has been one of our better players over the last 2 games, yet it seems is the only one being singled out.

• Like 4

Things just get worse, utterly stupid that the one class striker that we have at the club is being "forced" out.

Benni has been one of our better players over the last 2 games, yet it seems is the only one being singled out.

He does need to pick up his fitness though. Sam could have done and handled things differently though .

A good end to the season for Benni MaCarthy in Blackburn Rovers colours. Then off to the world cup as home grown idol of the world cup, i'd have thought would have been excellent PR for the club or am I getting this all wrong .

Amazing if that article is true. There are plenty of players who deserve that sort of treatment far more than Benni, his performances haven't been brilliant every week but he is giving it a real go at the moment. He is one of the few showing a bit of passion and desire to win.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was true, Sam keeps going on about players not performing and especially not scoring goals. Time Sam looked into the fact that strikers can't score goals with no frucking service.

Bent, Torres and Drogba would all struggle to score a lot of goals in this team, its that devoid of creativity.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

If the article is true it would be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If i had to pick one to stay, Benni or Sam it would be Benni everytime.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 4

If the article is true it would be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If i had to pick one to stay, Benni or Sam it would be Benni everytime.

Yes, but, there could be a cunning plan with A.N.Other lined up whose younger and going to be better for the future of the club.

IF its Beattie, then I think we can all give up watching the 'up and under' football at Ewood Park.

Edited by JAL

• Backroom

You're right JAL, my response is knee jerk but such is the way I am feeling towards things at present I am not to hopeful of Sam bringing in someone close to Benni's class.

All eyes on you Sam

I actually thought the article was very positive for Sam and Benni isn't getting it. Benni's convicting himself out of his own mouth. He admits that:

1. Sam is a decent guy.

2. Benni hasn't met Sam's weight and conditioning goals and that it is his fault.

3. Sam is still playing him.

4. Sam is scheduling him for extra training.

From Benni's words, I get the impression that Sam values Benni, sees Benni's potential and is trying to get Benni to realize that potential. That Benni is whining about it shows a lack of professionalism on his part, not Sam's. Benni's paid 35,000/week (per one of Alan Nixon's recent articles). Forgive me if I fail to sympathize with him about Sam's demand that he report to training at 7 am.

The only thing I would fault Sam about in the article is that I would have the entire team in for 7 am training, not just Benni. And I'd tell them that schedule would continue until they won three in a row.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.