BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

By all accounts, it sounds like Jase is more likely to leave than Benni. I think Benni may reconsider his desire to leave now that he's getting games again.

Good. Roberts is infuriating. Every so often he'll come off the bench and play a blinder, which means he starts the next two or three games...then he's invariably useless. He'll then go back on the bench for a few weeks, come off the bench eventually, have another good game and start the whole process over again. His whole career with us has been that way.

At least when Benni starts he plays as well as he does in his cameos.

Edited by LeChuck
  • Like 2

I reckon it's the other way round with Benni. For quite a while now, when he's started, he's been poor - apart from the the last couple of games. If he had been good enough, regularly enough, he wouldn't be on the bench, or out of the squad altogether, as often as he has.

Edited by den

• 2 weeks later...

I've felt for some time now that Benni might end up at Liverpool. No long term future in it, but with Benitez needing reinforcements up front Benni might fit the bill. He's still good enough to score goals and would thrive at a 'bigger' club.

Big clubs seem to value big players don't they. :rover:

We need to be very concerned if Benny goes in Jan. He's not as fit as he should be but he's the only one with real ability and who looks like scoring most weeks.

Edited by thenodrog

We need to be very concerned if Benny goes in Jan. He's not as fit as he should be but he's the only one with real ability and who looks like scoring most weeks.

It looks like this could be Rovers last throw of the dice, MaCarthy out Beattie in = championship here we come!

Some completely out of spec thoughts on the effectiveness of James Beattie way out just cant believe them.

Next season Andrews in the middle, with Beattie up front, in the championship, with Rovers stuck in the lower reaches of that division - how far we fell and so quickly and the young kids on here telling tales of how we will be back straight away.

January 2010 could be a critical month in the managerial decision making of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Edited by JAL

Good. Roberts is infuriating. Every so often he'll come off the bench and play a blinder, which means he starts the next two or three games...then he's invariably useless. He'll then go back on the bench for a few weeks, come off the bench eventually, have another good game and start the whole process over again. His whole career with us has been that way.

Can't agree with that last sentence at all, infact I think what you've said about Roberts applies just as well to Benni. Aside from his first season he's been going through the cycle you describe. The only addition is that during his periods on the bench Benni gets fat.

I reckon it's the other way round with Benni. For quite a while now, when he's started, he's been poor - apart from the the last couple of games. If he had been good enough, regularly enough, he wouldn't be on the bench, or out of the squad altogether, as often as he has.

I would ay Benni looking decent comes a lot down to having in Di Santo an ideal partner. Di Santo does everything Benni won't - runs the channels, pushes right up against the back line, wins the ball in the air, is physical, holds up the ball.

This allows Benni to drop off, float and find space and play facing the goal. The Argentine much better partner for benni than he has had over the last three years - Roque was too similar to Benni in where he plays, and Derbyshire too lightweight. Roberts worked better but Jase can't win anything in the air which was a major problem, plus has extremely poor technique.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I think we all agree that with Dunny out, then the next best thing to a kind of play maker is Benni MaCarthy at Rovers but Benni career history is that at whatever club hes been at come year three hes no longer has that edge that hunger or motivation to his game that he becomes complacent.

Can big Sam find the motivation and inspiration to turn Benni around into Benni achieving those top, top drawer performances that we all know hes capable of achieving for Rovers.

Suppose you need to know whats inside Bennis head before you begin to formulate your plan of action for the bafana bafana star.

With the quality youngsters around Benni like Di Santo, Kalinic, Nzozni and Hoilett, i'd have thought with maybe two more experienced players around Benni to support him then for me this bunch could add some excitement to the team bringing an unpredictability to the side.

But the big question is CAN big Sam get more out of Benni MaCarthy for the sake of Blackburn Rovers 1st football team. The way things stand we definitely need him.

Edited by JAL

You would expect Benni to be Sam's ideal player. He's managed to revive the careers of several big-name players who have fallen from grace, however Benni has been in and out of the side and looks to be on his way. Just goes to show, you have to judge each case on its own merits.

You would expect Benni to be Sam's ideal player. He's managed to revive the careers of several big-name players who have fallen from grace, however Benni has been in and out of the side and looks to be on his way. Just goes to show, you have to judge each case on its own merits.

Hmmm, when an ageing player comes good, Allardyce gets the credit, when they don't, it's the player's fault. I've seen this pattern somewhere before.

I'm not sure why Sam is conducting this motivational exercise through the press. If I were Benni, I'd be asking where was the public lambasting of Diouf, who is even further from his best.

Agreed. I'm not Benni's biggest fan either but with us struggling to find the back of the net I'm very uneasy with the idea of offloading our only half decent finisher.

Really we should be doing the same as we did when we refused to sell RSC last January. We should be getting an additional loanee in or offloading some deadwood to allow the signing of Beattie thereby adding to our striking options not reducing them.

Its all well and good always pointing the finger at Benni for his fitness. But what about Dunn? His fitness is a bloody joke and I bet if somone who lived their life as a model professional had the same injury as Dunn now, they would of only missed a couple of games and would of been here to help the club move up the table.

Its all well and good always pointing the finger at Benni for his fitness. But what about Dunn? His fitness is a bloody joke and I bet if somone who lived their life as a model professional had the same injury as Dunn now, they would of only missed a couple of games and would of been here to help the club move up the table.

We've all heard the stories about him getting sh*t-faced, but I thought it subsequently came out that it's something to do with his skeleton that means he keeps getting injured?

Haviong said that, I do remember him being quite portly, but he looked in awesome shape earlier this season.

as least he's not injured as often as that Grella fella.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.