• Beth Tweddle - Gymnast
    • Phil Taylor - Darts
    • Jenson Button - Formula 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Clarke, nuff said. Game over.

Now without seeming to be a completely insensitive person I had no idea who Darren Clarke is. So I had a look at wikipedia

In 2005 and 2006 he missed several tournaments to care for his wife, who was diagnosed with both primary and, later, secondary breast cancer.

Then I read

Clarke is a keen cigar smoker, on and off the golf course, and has been reported to spend an estimated £25,000 per year on cigars.

That word "reported" is a big one.

Since Calzaghe is the only winner in Britain, I'd go for him. Or Phil Taylor!

Neither have a chance given that its going to a telephone vote, so it will be the kids, housewives and halfwits choice. Expect Andy Murray to do well, despite not actually having a personality. Panesar might do well as a kind of protest vote against his omission from the team.

The young personality award will be a typically policically correct award to the blind athlete.

Since Calzaghe is the only winner in Britain, I'd go for him. Or Phil Taylor!

Sorry not true, presuming you mean he's the only one who has won something.

Nicole Cooke is the first British cyclist, male or female, to be world ranked No.1 ~ in fact she is the only British cyclist ever to make the world top 20. In 2006 she won the Women's World Cup ( a year long event similar to Formula 1), the women's Tour de France which included a win on Mount Ventoux (even Armstrong didn't achieve that), and a bronze medal at the World Championships.

I was privileged to stand next to her father as she won the women's CWG road race in Manchester. This young woman is the most fantastic athlete, a modest person and basically doing it all with little or no funding. If you want to vote for a real athlete, vote for Nicole.

If you want to vote for a real athlete, vote for.

Phil Taylor ;) ... I was so tempted to edit your post there Paul ;)

I bet that Calzaghe can ride a bike, but I dare say Cooke can't box. Like Beth Tweddle, Cooke has no chance of winning, as nobody really gives a toss about their sports. Same would normally go for the Horse woman, but she's a bit more high profile being in the Royal Family and all that.

best team i would choose would be England football team only joking, no i think the European Ryder Cup team will get it

unbelievably, the BBC are deciding the 'team of the year' by having a text vote. purely a money making exercise, as we all know who'll win it.

it's between RC team, St. Helens and Sussex. :rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Dec 7 2006, 13:34 ) 465871[/snapback]

Like Beth Tweddle, Cooke has no chance of winning, as nobody really gives a toss about their sports.

I know, which is why I shall be voting for the first time and I'd urge everyone to have a look at Cooke, she's fantastic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.