BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3) The reffing decisions went wrong- there was a handball pen not given to us at 2-3 and several dodgy offsides that went against us.

We are going to be more than alright by the end of this season and I rather fancy us to get something against Arsenal back at Ewood if Wenger doesn't strengthen his defence in January.

Same old excuses week in week out about the refs,I'm afraid your last sentence is laughable Philipl....surely you mean our defence chap :unsure: !!!

Everyone of the posts above are from certifiable idiots (sorry there are some sensible posts now). Sorry guys but get real.

1) Arsenal produced the best performance by any side I've seen in the EPL in the last three seasons. That was alsoi the most enjoyable footballing spectacle of the season so far despite ending up on the wrong end of 2-6.

2) Show me a defender who wouldn't have been skinned by Van Persie for their 4th. Then show me the change from £10m.

2) We had six yes SIX players unavailable today.

3) The reffing decisions went wrong- there was a handball pen not given to us at 2-3 and several dodgy offsides that went against us.

4) Lehman produced four brilliant saves. Brad made one outstanding save and Ooijer's goal line header onto the bar was world class.

We are going to be more than alright by the end of this season and I rather fancy us to get something against Arsenal back at Ewood if Wenger doesn't strengthen his defence in January.

If we were a conference side in a cup-tie game away to Arsenal, that would be slightly understandable.

As a premiership side who are playing in Europe, this is not. This is a travesty and a disgrace to the shirt.

Attendance v Scousers will dip below 20k

what a dick

liverpoo have sold out 7000 tickets

rovers have an average home crowd of 16800

its bank holiday and will attract all sorts of wavering supporters, families and people who want to see Rovers and liverpoo

bank on a corwd of around 26700

oh yes will you be there?????????????????????????????

I was going to post something similar to what philipl did, but he spelled out my points pretty well.

We DID play well, but loose. At 3-2 we almost made it 3-3 bar a fantastic save from Lehman.

When L'Arse went up 4-2 the lads just resigned. The last two goals were gifted by a surrendered Rovers team.

Positives:

Bentley - Still improving, very lively today.

MGP - Still improving after a severe lack of form the latest months. Many won headers and good efforts.

Derbyshire - Looked lively when he came on. Shame he didn't score from the header that lead to Nondas goal.

Although I'm a total pessimist when it comes to the Rovers, and every defeat makes me think we'll get relegated, no matter where we are in the table, there needs to be a bit of a step back from the doom-mongering and pessimism at the moment.

Looking at the table, Watford and Charlton look doomed, so at worst Rovers are in a 4 way fight for 1 relegation place with Sheff Utd, Man Cuty and Boro. You've got to think with a couple of additions in January and the return of the injured we've got every chance of finishing above one of the other teams.

Keep the faith!

NOT EXCEPTABLE IN OUR POSITION FFS!!!!

Did you watch the game?

At that point Arsenal were playing the most sublime football imaginable.

There was no surrendering for goals 5 and 6- Todd got roasted in the same way Gazza dumped Hendry on his backside for England v Scotland, simple as...

Nobody but nobody can defend in those situations no matter if they are the best defenders alive.

6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if soey had results like today then there would be a head hunt for him,woy too and kidd.

HAS THE DRESSING ROOM BEEN LOST?

THE OTHER WEEK HUGHES SAID CHARLTON WERE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES...HE NEEDS TO GET US FKN FIGHTING FOR OUR LIVES BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the players get out this match ?

Liverpool is on Tuesday, have the players got the mental strength to get a result against a team who are playing well at the moment ?

I hope this IS the wake up call for this season, we cant afford any more stupid loses.

The only thing that can turn this thing around is our self. The players have to look at them self and say, we are THE BEST and no body shall tell us we arent.

Come on Rovers !

Wandel does still have faith in you. !

Every goal in theory is preventable but we have looked like leaking goals in nearly every game this season.

Just got to hope we can get something from Liverpool though not to hopeful and grab a win against the Boro, get some bodies back/new bodies and push on.

Least there are a few teams still worse than us which is fortunate as our current available first eleven is just not good enough to get us higher up the table. At least Nonda scored a couple :D

Will watch MOTD tonight or maybe footy first and see what the crack was. Merry christmas everyone!

NOT EXCEPTABLE IN OUR POSITION FFS!!!!

I agree that it's not acceptable.

However, my point is that the result doesn't reflect how we played.

Arsenal played extremely well. Our defending was made to appear more atrocious than it actually was by the great Arsenal play.

Yes there was made mistakes, and that need to be rectified.

But I do not support the doom and gloom presented by many fans here. We played well against a Arsenal team on fire. That with 3 clear cut first teamers in Nelsen, Reid and McCarthy missing.

Come may, with a good January window and players back from injury, we'll be well ut the table if we play at the level we did against L'Arse.

With hindsight, the game was too open for our good, but if we hadn't gone there with a positive attitude, we would probable have regretted not having a go at them. They would have beaten us either way, today.

Arsenal were superb, - that has to be recognised.

I am every bit as unhappy as the rest of you but would people PLEASE control their posts. I've banned one and put another mod approval since full time. We've been stuffed but lets keep the standards up on here. Thank you.

Don't forget we got three points at Reading and most of us would have settled for two from these two matches. From what I've heard it could just as easily have been 3-3

Thats what i said earlier. I never said Hughes should go. Results like this arent acceptable and i think it very important what Sparky does in the transfer window!

But what sparky can do in the transfer window is a function of the amount of money he has to spend. Most of the time, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys (brad and nelsen were exceptions yes, but you can't afford to take such gambles all the time). I can't help but feel that the board have been very very tight with the pursestrings in sparky's reign; how much has the guy spent in his time with us? 1m nett? Perhaps that's the result of Souness' over spending, but surely, they could give him a sizeable amount to work with this time around? Its appalling that after qualifying for europe through a league position, and selling the team's star player for a contractually bound 6m, that no additional cash had been given to sparky. Come'on board, stand up and be counted. Even if the board/trustees are not wholeheartedly interested in the club like Uncle Jack was, surely they would see economic sense in investing in the squad so that we'll stay up? With the new tv deal next year, we simply cannot afford to be relegated.

Archived