BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant say we have been too bad, as its been more of a case of Arsenal have been very very good and we have largely played into their hands cause we are trying to take the game to them too, unlike most away sides who sit back and dont give Arsenal that much space.

All in all, other than Bentley no one seems like they will cause Arsenal any threat. Pedersen has been lively as well winning most of his headers.

Nonda has in a word been poor for me. I cant see how he is better than Kuqi on any level. And at least Kuqi is more active in play.

Watching it live- fantastic game. Arsenal are an absolute joy to watch when they get it right and they have played some absolutely sublime stuff.

Never mind the scoreline, this is a very encouraging first half performance by Rovers. Bentley, Nonda and Gamst are all showing well.

Once again the big decisions going against us- we have been stopped by 3 very debatable offsides whilst Arsenal have benefited from non-offside calls and a very iffy corner.

Rovers probably had more shots on target this half than any other first half this season. Lehman has made two brilliant saves from Bentley.

I seriously question anyone's football understanding who claims that our defenders are not utter sh*t. I mean just look at them. It's not simply that they aren't good enough, they don't give a damn about Rovers at all. Not a single one of them. With the exception of Nelson, the faster we throw them out in the trash on the1 st of Janury, the better.

let me illustrate in lexical terms what happens when any opposing team attacks:

Opposition: Hey, can we score a goal ? Please, we would really like to.

Our defenders: well, I dunno....

Opposition: Aww c'mon!

Our defenders: well....alright then, have yourself a goal.

On the other hand, I wouldn't swap Bentley for Ronaldino. Amazing first half desplay, he's playing Arsenal on his own.

Archived