BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

Guest Morten is god

First post, welcome from Norway!

Saw the game today live on Cable tv here in Norway Arsenal were awesome deserve to win.. nearly as good as Norway national team! :D

Mr.Hoofball Gray - Nothing personal but hope he gets injured soon, he a liability, Rovers are far better when he isnt playing.

Morten - Better then in recent Week.

Ooijer and Todd - two cart horses against Ferraris

Neil - rash challenge yet again, Poor defender, reputation built on World cup, where his rash challenges cost the Aussies.

Emerton - not very good. He gettin bit fatty.

Nonda - 1 penalty and one hit and hope. Likes to misfire and air shot. His wife must be frustate at his shooting blanks :(

Savage - Awful against good side, Look OK against the poor premiership teams. Would prefer him to not be involved in attacks, he always misplaces a pass, airshots, fires wide, or lose the ball due to his slug like pace. Dont like to see Poor player play for Rovers, He wouldnt even get a game for Tromso! :D Robbie make Martin Andresen look like Claude Makele!

Bentley - Good game, although hes too greedy. Too many rovers attacks are quit short because the glory boy wants personal glory.

Think Rover possible doing to be in relegation candidate.

Confident Sparky can turn things around.

My Tip

Sell Savage swop for bag of Skittles, they have more skill then him

Send Gray to the vets to be put down

Show Nonda videos of Paul Dickovs goals on how to finish, as Nonda not as good finisher as PAUL even!!

Neil Ban him from the Ground, Outcast, Selfish man, only interested in Liverpool and his bum boy friend Kewell. Overated player, he wish he was as good as John Arne Riise! Old big head is Lucas, least Rovers doorways can be narrowed when he join Spanish B Team :D

Sorry for poor english

Viva la Rovers!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post, welcome from Norway!

Saw the game today live on Cable tv here in Norway Arsenal were awesome deserve to win.. nearly as good as Norway national team!

Mr.Hoofball Gray - Nothing personal but hope he gets injured soon, he a liability, Rovers are far better when he isnt playing.

Morten - Better then in recent Week.

Ooijer and Todd - two cart horses against Ferraris

Neil - rash challenge yet again, Poor defender, reputation built on World cup, where his rash challenges cost the Aussies.

Emerton - not very good. He gettin bit fatty.

Nonda - 1 penalty and one hit and hope. Likes to misfire and air shot. His wife must be frustate at his shooting blanks :(

Savage - Awful against good side, Look OK against the poor premiership teams. Would prefer him to not be involved in attacks, he always misplaces a pass, airshots, fires wide, or lose the ball due to his slug like pace. Dont like to see Poor player play for Rovers, He wouldnt even get a game for Tromso! :D Robbie make Martin Andresen look like Claude Makele!

Bentley - Good game, although hes too greedy. Too many rovers attacks are quit short because the glory boy wants personal glory.

Think Rover possible doing to be in relegation candidate.

Confident Sparky can turn things around.

My Tip

Sell Savage swop for bag of Skittles, they have more skill then him

Send Gray to the vets to be put down

Show Nonda videos of Paul Dickovs goals on how to finish, as Nonda not as good finisher as PAUL even!!

Neil Ban him from the Ground, Outcast, Selfish man, only interested in Liverpool and his bum boy friend Kewell. Overated player, he wish he was as good as John Arne Riise! Old big head is Lucas, least Rovers doorways can be narrowed when he join Spanish B Team

Sorry for poor english

Viva la Rovers!

My new personal hero! :D:lol::D

Superb game of football by two teams prepared to play passing and moving football . The Arse were at their most dangerous when we were attacking such was their ability to turn defence into attack . I certainly don't take any negatives from this game in terms of attitude and willingness to have a go at the opposition . How unlike previous performances in that respect .

Arsenal are a wonderful team and until the last ten minutes or so we were well in with a shout of getting a point .

If we play like that for the rest of the season I will be pleased .

I'm afraid some people are looking at the scoreline and jumping to conclusions .

When one of the top four hit their stride then the rest of the teams can't compete. Arsenal obviously had spells when they were unstoppable. It seems the last ten minutes or so really told on us.

The major concern is how the team reacts to this. A large defeat - and especially one not fully deserved - can be the catalyst for a downturn in fortunes. It makes our next two games vital as we need some of Dowie's 'bouncebackability'.

Now is the time for the players to show their mettle.

Just back from the game and all I can say is that the defense is a joke. Arsenal were dancing round them and we had no clue.

I would have been very happy at 3-2, I thought is was a lot closer game than 6-2 suggests but Arsenal were well worth that win. What a stadium.

Good to see everyone down there. Happy Christmas to all.

I watched the game and I must say that the performance from us wasnt bad at all, in fact we were naive to make the game so open by attacking them, but there you go.

What pisses me off was not that we trailed 3-1 or its manner nor that we conceded a 4th from a moment of brilliance but rather that the heads went down and the defence went all over the place after that. Just check out Brads reaction after the 6th went in.

Thats totally unacceptable when we are fighting for our lives. Dont give up even if you are down 4-2, at least dont make it worse than it is.

Bottom line, we lacked cutting edge up front and we need to address that quickly.

On a sidenote, I thought Derbyshire was lively and he impressed me for the first time today. The way he threw himself at the ball for the header was brilliant. I think he deserves a chance in the team, but I doubt he will get it.

Guest Morten is god

Why can no one make a slight dig at Mark Hughes without people getting defensive?

Every time we lose it never Mark Hughes fault, Excuses, Excuses, Why is everyone on here like a Politician?!

Rovers are near bottom, whos fault is it? Not Mark Hughes you all say!

Rovers top six, whos fault is it? MARK HUGHES! he god!

Giving crap play like Gray + Mokoena new contract is Marks early April Fool Joke?

I hope Mark turns it around, but things looking bad.

Although I dont think the Scrooge Rovers Board will let him have Brewsters Millions :(

What's the previous few posts got to do with Mark Hughes? I think the general gist is to not wish for Souness back all of a sudden.

I personally think Hughes' tactics have been sadly lacking in the past few weeks. Having said that, we have just played a team that should be challenging for the championship at home with no real strike force. I think most people were predicting 4-5 nill losses before this game so that fact we scored 2 is actually a bit of a bonus.

I just hope we can strengthen the squad in January.

This may sound a little silly, but I actually think that getting the pen, and scoring, so early sort of put the team of their game.

It seemed that the offensive part of our game was lacking until Gunners was up 2-1. Looked kind of like the players were trying to ride the 1-0 lead, then the 1-1 draw.

I may be wrong.

I still think the lads put in a good game though, and the result is flattering the Gunners

Rumours of Mark Hughes losing the dressing room?? Who was it earlier in another thread questioning my thought of Neill being a dastraction and his captaincy being one of Huges biggest mistakes?

If there is indeed anything behind the rumour of such an occurence I would level Sparkys decision to play Neill as Captain as a factor. PLUS maintaining starting positions with people off form.

This may sound a little silly, but I actually think that getting the pen, and scoring, so early sort of put the team of their game.

It seemed that the offensive part of our game was lacking until Gunners was up 2-1. Looked kind of like the players were trying to ride the 1-0 lead, then the 1-1 draw.

I may be wrong.

I still think the lads put in a good game though, and the result is flattering the Gunners

Not silly at all, I've seen us take the foot off the pedal before when we score early, not much this season though :D

Oh and one last thing, not that this will make anyone feel any better, someone posted a while back that Arsenal were playing so well and not getting the results that surely they will hammer somebody. ALso that that somebody would be us. How right they were.

Two reactions here, quick knee jerks from people that did not see the game and reasoned responses, most likely from those that did.

By nature I'm a pessimist and well-known for always looking for negatives. As someone who went to the game - rather than simply reacting to a scoreline - I am no more or less concerned about relegation prospects than at 3pm today. Arsenal were awesome at times and a totally different class to anything in the lower half of the table. Rovers really gave it a go and at 2-3 it nearly came off. Excellent performances from Bentley - definitely his best so far - and Pedersen. However Todd was yet again exposed aa utterly ponderous and frankly not very interested. Van Persie must love to see his name on the team sheet. Oojer not much better. And what Liverpool or any of the other alleged suitors see in Neill is a complete mystery. And saving the worst for last - Grey whose defensive abilities are non-existent.

Archived