BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

Well, the re-run of Our Friends In the North finished last night. I don't mind admitting I cried like I was peeling an onion at the end.

Got to be one of the finest dramas the BBC has produced.

On a lighter note, the new season of IDEAL, featuring Johnny Vegas has been side splitting. Cartoon Head, Psycho Paul, Troy, I'm on Probation, Gay Brian, Silicone Valets-tremendous.

IDEAL!

On gay Brian, Graham Duff the writer expands-

"Several of the characters, including Brian, are based on people I used to know when I lived in Blackburn. That’s why I wanted Ideal to be set in the North West."

Anyone want to own up?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

however can I plead that you all hire or buy FIREFLY it is one of the best series that ive seen and of course those @#/?s at fox cancelled it. Then watch the film Serenity - one of the best films last year

It will be well worth it.

Yours geekily

388209[/snapback]

Borrowed Firlefly of a mate then went staraight out and bought it.What can i say absolute class.Funny,dramatic,thrilling,and genius script's.

The writing is ace.I really cannot give this show any higher praise it really is something everyone should veiw at least once.Sci-fi/Western at it's best.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started watching "Life on Mars" on BBC America. We've only gotten to the 3rd episode. Pretty good so far.

For those who have watched all of the first series, is it more than just a decent beginning schtick, or does it have enough legs to be fresh for more than a few episodes?

There's also talk of an American network remaking Life on Mars with a US setting.

As part of the appeal of the series is the wonderful DI Gene Hunt (have you got to the negotiation episode yet where he offers to get Sam a hat?) it's hard to see how it would work as well Stateside.

Incidentally, trivia fans, Sam Tyler was effectively named after Rose Tyler in Doctor Who as Matthew Graham (LoM's creator) asked his daughter what Sam's surname should be and she said Tyler. He liked it and took it forward and didn't ask until much later where she dreamt the name up from...

Matthew Graham (LoM's creator) asked his daughter what Sam's surname should be and she said Tyler. He liked it and took it forward ..

It appears thats how a good few of this seasons Doctor Who episodes were written.

• 1 month later...

Cracker. A welcome return for the big fella, and with Jimmy McGovern at the helm last night's telly was sorted. A little weak at times but a nice taster for the upcoming episodes.

Aparently prior to the show airing in the states, they're already kicking off about terrorism only coming to the fore when it directly affests the yanks and belittling Northern Ireland. Great stuff.

Cracker. A welcome return for the big fella, and with Jimmy McGovern at the helm last night's telly was sorted. A little weak at times but a nice taster for the upcoming episodes.

Indeed a welcome return, but wasn't it a bit weak? There was little sense of mystery in there. The villan was there from the start, there was the usual Fitz ignoring the no smoking signs, drinking like a Belgian and wearing down the suspect in the usual fashion.

I expected more from McGovern & to be honest was a bit disappointed.

Cracker.

Greatest.

Show.

Ever.

I watched Cracker too, a welcome return. I also watched The Amazing Mrs Pritchard, if only it was really that easy to become PM. I'll watch it again next week. :)

I thought the amazing Mrs Pritchard was very good too. Very different from anything else that is around at the momnet, which is most welcome. There is something about Jane Horrocks that I can't quite put my finger on.

Cracker was very poor I thought. So much so, I gave up and went to bed half an hour before the end. Not as good the earlier series' although I thought it made some very good points about the US funding the IRA for the last 25 years.

I can't remeber what night House is on, but I would heartily recommend it to anyone that likes black comedy, american style. Hugh Lawrie is absolutely excellent in it.

Last night on telly I watched ... nothing as my tv broke at the weekend. :(

however I did manage to buy a (used) 28" toshiba today for £75 which will hopefully be delivered tomorrow then i can contribute to this thread :)

Ooooh it's been quiet in my house this week!

Archived