BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton 1 Rover 4

Interesting aspect reading and listening to opposition fans.

Yes they did have calls for a penalty specially the one in the first half and Todd's 'handball' but they where lookingg for them all gamee and not just in the penalty box - no wonder Johnson has been labelled a diver, however he didn't do anything wrong but as for Arteta .... cheating scouse bin dipper.

Just shows you how 'channelled' and blinkered some fans are -

'losing to a rag tag side like Blackburn ' ... 'fighting relegation' etc - we are three points behind them with with a game in hand ... numpties :blink::P

Just like the steward - 'oh Blackburn is that where Bury is? :blink::blink: '

You can't shoot for Toffee Everton

At least the Everton Fans after the game where more realistic - we deserved it -they didn't

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Den why are you so bothered about bad language? Im sure everyone on here is 15 and over! and can handle the odd F bomb, bad language is sometimes needed to express your true feelings!

Right. Firstly, how do you know everyone on here is 15 and older?

Secondly, why can't you express yourself without using bad language?

Thirdly, many people of all ages ARE offended by bad language in all walks of life.

Fourthly many people aren't offended by bad language in general life, but don't want to see it on a messageboard. There are some on here, who could teach you swearwords that you've never heard before, but would never use them on here.

Fifthly, whoever wrote the posting guidelines for this site, agrees that they don't want the standards on this site, dragged down to the level of some other messageboards.

Yeah, seemed to have been a great performance by Rovers.

In all fairness, the Toffee's were denied a stone-ball penalty when Todd hand-balled. It might have turned the game on it's head but the lads kept lashing out on the Everton goal. Great to see the two young strikers get in on the act and quality control and skill from Gallagher to make a fool out of Yobo for Rovers 3rd. Finally cracking piece of play on the right from Ooijer to set up Benni for the 4th.

All in all a great day at the office, but looks as though with Beattie dropped from the game, then Moyles will be looking for another striker (maybe a goalkeeper mightened by a bad investment either).

:lol:

Seemingly I can see Beattie moving to Newcastle if Rovers stick to JW guns.

Yes, a "name and shame" facility. How 'bout providing their addresses too so we can organise a witch-hunt and put bricks through their windows?

Don't be daft but it might help new posters understand what is accepatable and what isn't.

Don't creep. It's a pathetic sig.

'£13 average price' doesn't help one iota when I try and persuade mates to fork out £36 for a decent seat on saturday.

"Those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad"

Anyway so what? You would have a better chance if it wasn't on the tele in some pub or other and thats for sure. We are talking Henry and Fabregas et al coming to Ewood here not some bloody half arsed Div 2/3/4 wallies. These guys are not committed BRFC fans nor committed football in general fans and never will ever be more than fair weather friends of the club. Next £15 game and they will say "15 quid to watch effin Charlton/ Fulham/Pompey/ Watford etc do us a favour! No way mate and anyway it'll be on in the pub".

Anyway you could try telling them that for 10 Cat A games they could have a full ST come summer. Come to think about it I spent that in Krakow and will likely do so again in Cologne.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday now, and Arsenal have a draining game against Liverpool on Wednesday in the carling cup which helps our chances. The big question for Hughes is whether to use Nonda or Derbyshire? I would imagine Derbs is probably a better choice as his pace might frighten the Arse back four into dropping a bit deeper. You could see in the FA cup what Arsenal did with a high line at Anfield. But then Nonda did score 2 against them when we played them...

Nice problem for Hughes to have.

Players like Savage, McCarthy, Neill (if he is here) Emerton and Nonda will be very well rested too. Some impressive weeing with the willy we have at Goodison. I thought that side was going to get a kicking.

I'm really pleased to see a few young Brits doing well in our team. I doubt any of them can expect to start when we have a fit squad but games and goals will be great for their development. Gally and Derbs could learn a lot from each other. Gally should be taking note of Derbs' enthusiasm and workrate and Derbs, Gally's technique.

Also, grudging respect for Axeman and McEveley for playing their part. (But they're still not good enough - especially if it is true that Mokoena was poor despite the handsome win).

goord ,so to be a rovers fan its a case of how much you spend watching them to be a true fan ,dont matter if you cant afford it.

Yes I spent all my europe and my away fund going to watch my beloved broncos but just because i spent 2k on a trip to watch them away doesnt make me more of a fan than someone who wants to go but cant afford it....@ the end of the day footy is not the working mans sport it used to be and if people want to spend the cash elsewhere then it doesnt make them less of a fan .

My mate used to go home and away watching us in the 80's ,he now has a low paid job and simply hasnt got any spare cash to go to gamesand would rather spend his money feeding and clothing his kids than come to ewood ..DOES THAT MAKE HIM A FAIR WEATHER FAN.

Don't be daft but it might help new posters understand what is accepatable and what isn't.

I (obviously mistakenly) thought you were joking.

I didn't have you down as a NOTW reader....

@ the end of the day footy is not the working mans sport it used to be and if people want to spend the cash elsewhere then it doesnt make them less of a fan .

OF COURSE IT IS! :P

Surely Abbey it's only a person in regular employment that can afford it nowadays? :blink:

And so it damned well should be..... perks of the job and all that.

Excellent, cheers krislu.

Great technique from Pedersen and Gallagher for their goals, but I'd be looking for my keeper to save both of them. Ah well, take them when you can get them.

Regarding the first goal, Hughes did say they had taken notice the way the sort of ball used in the FA Cup swerves all over the place and they planned to try a few long range efforts early in the game. I guess it payed off.

Just as an aside the 'injured' Beattie was in Rio's on the p1ss on Sat night. Moyes is supposed to be a tartar is he? If I was manager anybody on the injury list would not be allowed any different privileges than fit players. In fact I would withdraw all privileges from injured players full stop.

Unless there is a financial rider in the contract where is the incentive for these seriously overpaid and overblown 'superstars' to get fit?

Lets just hope that we go nowhere near this lad!

We were brilliant. Toddy comes back into the team, we start winning. Toddy captains the team, we demolish Everton away 4-1. Coincidence, I think not!!!!

i enjoyed your call jan. great to hear a positive rovers fan on national radio (and one that attends games!).

mr green is often complementary about rovers and isnt as biased as his collegues or peers.

i, like yourself, have been banging about todd's exclusion for months and finally i think fans, and more importantly MH, are beginning to see what an asset the guy is to us.

every one of our players was terrific and the only pressure everton managed to mount came curtousey of poor refereeing. they had countless fkicks (arteta winning most of them by deceit).

*on 2nd thoughts, the referee was supposed to be alan wiley, so maybe we got off lightly!*

again derbyshire was excellent. it was great to see one of our strikers following up and getting a 'poachers goal'. his inclusion and performances also seem to have galvanised gally to greater efforts.

the fans were great, the lower teir especially ;) and enjoyed singing the 'wembley songs' again.

i maybe being disallusional, but i'd love for rovers to be the 1st FA winners at the 'new wembley'.

i enjoyed your call jan. great to hear a positive rovers fan on national radio (and one that attends games!).

mr green is often complementary about rovers and isnt as biased as his collegues or peers.

I listened to the recorded version of the show too. Well done Jan some good points made.

Also, grudging respect for Axeman and McEveley for playing their part. (But they're still not good enough - especially if it is true that Mokoena was poor despite the handsome win).

the thing Mceveley has shown he could be a decent in the past, Mokoena has never shown this and should not be starting at all, would rather a reserve team player start then the Axe, at least they're going to improve.

*on 2nd thoughts, the referee was supposed to be alan wiley, so maybe we got off lightly!*

i maybe being disallusional, but i'd love for rovers to be the 1st FA winners at the 'new wembley'.

As pointed out to me at the end of the game pleasure - might as well as been though as he was just as bad.

Remember reading , that the last time we beat Everton in the cup at Goodison we got to the Semis

So all possibility..... ;)

Archived