BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton 1 Rover 4

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have also just watched the highlights on Sky with Peter Reid who repeated 10 times "take nothing away from Blackburn but .......the 4 goals should have been avoided". It was really embarassing to see them trying to say something good about the Rovers.How can anyone argue against a 4-1 defeat?

The performance of the Third Round by a long shot.Fantastic. I just love it when we win at Everton. I am so pleased tonight.Well done the Reserves.

their penalty decision was clearly wrong.

Nope it was spot on, standing leg and then the ball. Also a strange challenge. They should have had one against todd as well.

The axe had a good game, seemed more in the game than normal and did an effective job.

In from the game - excellent performance from the chaps

2nd half let Everton get to us more and kept giving away possesion far to cheaply.

Mokoena - still caused us problems but won alot of headers and vital ones at that.

Penalty - looked one yet the ball went as if he had won the tackle - thing is you could see it coming and the ref was determined to give them something

Arteta is a cheat

The ref was an Everton player.

Derbs and Gallageher played well, but Gallagher needs to go and meet the ball rather than wait for it all the time.

Benni excellent when he came on

Anyway we are in the next round with a great performance.

Que Sera Sera

You might as well go home

No credit from Moyes then:

"The third one was a really poor defensive goal and it wasn't as if we were deservedly 3-0 down," added Moyes.

"Everything they hit went on target and everything we hit went over or wide.

"I don't know how many attempts we had, but every shot they had, they scored.

"I think anybody in the ground could have thought that we could still come back, and our performance in the second half warranted more than one goal."

He's played well today.

[/quo

Just back from Goodison, great result but a very strange game that seemed to bypass midfield. The Axe was very poor today. I went to Wigan with the Pie Eaters, Everton with Toffee fans and both sets of supporters can't believe how bad he is. Funnily enough we won both games by 3 clear goals............

Everton fan just been on Talksport saying only 300 Rovers fans there is this true?

DB - we where in the top tier so don't know how many but there was probably that maybe more in there

Anyway - they have no room to complain and their blocks of empty seats

'YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO HOME, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO HOME, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO HOME..' :P

£20 for a cup match against a prem team is not too bad, in line with Capt Kaos rule of thumb-you making the short trip from Pie Land Capt?

We are sat in the old Park End for once, so not the usual Cutty Sark style seating for this one, makes a pleasant change.

Well I made it OJ and quite glad I did -looked like Jordan did as well

No Park End - still in the side bit.

Back from the game.

What an excellent day. Everyone performed really well today, nobody looked out of place. Even Jay at left back looked solid. It was especially nice to see Derbyshire and Gally get goals. Gally's was a real beaut - had it been Henry they'd talk about it for days, likewise with Mccarthy's goal.

Todd and MGP were our outstanding performers, but as I say everyone else was not far behind. We looked like scoring everytime we went forward.

Great, great day. Poor crowd but to be expected. Roll on next week.

"I think anybody in the ground could have thought that we could still come back, and our performance in the second half warranted more than one goal."

Don't think the Everton Fans did.

The Ref must have had a bet on it though - he was terrible

Well I made it OJ and quite glad I did -looked like Jordan did as well

No Park End - still in the side bit.

Good for you Kaos-I was sat in the furthermost seats on the left next to the big screen.A strangley low but good view of the first three goals and there mystery penalty...best £20 I spent this season.

In fairness the "retro" wooden 1930s Odeon seats were actually more comfy than the modern wheelie bin lids of norm.

Still it helps when you pee all over the home team I suppose... :)

I've just been listening to Jan on 606.

Good to hear a Rovers supporter on national radio. They don't often come on.

BBC radio is still brilliant, though. :tu:

Jan was on at around the 20 minute mark. It was littered with well-known references like "Blackburn and Celtic season ticket holder", just in case you thought it all a coincidence. Captain Andy Todd comes in for sea of praise.

No mention of Souness. :o

I have to say that I have egg on my face for predicting a loss, especially since I almost always predict a win. I even bet against us for the first time in my life. For shame.

Archived