SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrenson Admits He Is Biased Against Us

yoda

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The man is a crap commentator

Fair enough, but it's a sad story about his sister which I suppose puts the game of football into perspective.

he only got a few medals at Liverpool due to Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson being alongside him.

I'd disagree with that. Lawro might be a crap commentator, but his central defensive partnership with Hansen in the 1980s was generally excellent and probably one of the best in British foootball over the last 25 years or so. Lawro once had a lot of speed which complemented the awareness and astuteness of Hansen.

I wonder if Lawro regrets choosing to play for the Rep of Ireland early in his playing career, when he would surely have won some England caps and perhaps would have played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cups if he had chosen England.

How anyone can get upset about the preston hairdressers comments about our beloved BRFC ?

He is a non dresser in the style stakes

His hair do is a poncey wig

He knows naff all about BRFC and in particular football

and he only got a few medals at Liverpool due to Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson being alongside him.

The man is a complete arse :rolleyes:

I take it you are not very fond of him then? :rolleyes:

Garth Crooks is getting worse too, his 'Team of the Week' does'nt usually include any of our players in his starting 11 and this week he has really took the ######, he's put Faye, Gerrard, Downing and Arteta, i dont agree with the Faye selection, he only scored 1 and it weren't that good a goal, while Pedersen on the other hand scored 2, which were of high standards!

Sort it out Garth!

How anyone can get upset about the preston hairdressers comments about our beloved BRFC ?

He is a non dresser in the style stakes

His hair do is a poncey wig

He knows naff all about BRFC and in particular football

and he only got a few medals at Liverpool due to Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson being alongside him.

The man is a complete arse :rolleyes:

he could be the co commentator for our f.a cup game against qpr or luton town? :ph34r: mute button anyone?

Garth Crooks is getting worse too, his 'Team of the Week' does'nt usually include any of our players in his starting 11 and this week he has really took the ######, he's put Faye, Gerrard, Downing and Arteta, i dont agree with the Faye selection, he only scored 1 and it weren't that good a goal, while Pedersen on the other hand scored 2, which were of high standards!

Sort it out Garth!

Garth crooks in my opinion is slightly racist

Not true old chap. He was a class defender, much better than Thompson. I saw him play for Preston a few times and could not understand why the big northern clubs (not Rovers at the time !) did not sign him before his move to Brighton.

He had us in 14th last year. If you compared reality to his predictions, he was 25 pts out with us (pretty bad, but 26 with West Ham though). I'm noting his predictions this year but haven't done the sums yet. In the meantime, I intend to get out more.

This is from (slightly crap) memory, but he also has Birmingham in the top 6.

IMO his predictions dwell too much on "Sheffield could do with a win..." thinking than looking at form, skill, teams' home/away records.

Can't deny he was a great player, but now he's just an absolute muppet!

Simon :brfc:

Garth Crooks takes everything far too seriously - every report is as though he's reporting from Iraq!! He takes himself far too seriously as well. At least Lawrenson tries to inject a little humour into things - although he's not that funny most of the time!!

Went to school with Lawrenson (showing my age!) and he was the best schoolboy footballer I've ever seen. It was obvious from the age of 11 that he would make it big. His biggest mistake was accepting the Irish cap when he was a teenager rather than wait for England ... but how was he to know! It was just obvious to everyone else.

He's a Preston fan so why wouldn't he be "biased". Hand on Heart how many of you wouldn't be biased the other way? I would!!!! :D

Not true old chap. He was a class defender, much better than Thompson.

And a better actual defender for Lpool than Hansen imo. Hansen was prob better on the ball but Lawrenson in those days was absolutely impeccable in the tackle. Great partnership that only let 19 (?) opposition goals in from 42 games all one season.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to mute the sound when Marwood and cottee commentate their bias to the opposition is unreal cottee especially. Marwoods inability to call a spade a spade when someone is clearly useless is what gets me the most, as bad as any player is he'll always come out with "great power & pace" when he should really be saying what a talentless lump! We've had some poor,poor players having bad,bad games notably Amo and when the ex player code of not critisising fellow pro's kicks in and the words power and pace come out it just makes me mad! :angry:

This wasn't Lawro but did anyone else spot this gem on MOTD last night? The commentataor remarked that we were still looking for our first win at Ewood in 2007. For goodness sake prior to yesterday we had only played one home game in 2007 and that was against Arsenal.

I have to mute the sound when Marwood and cottee commentate their bias to the opposition is unreal cottee especially. Marwoods inability to call a spade a spade when someone is clearly useless is what gets me the most, as bad as any player is he'll always come out with "great power & pace" when he should really be saying what a talentless lump! We've had some poor,poor players having bad,bad games notably Amo and when the ex player code of not critisising fellow pro's kicks in and the words power and pace come out it just makes me mad! :angry:

Another ex-player with an extreme bias, or so it looks like, is Gordon McQueen. :angry: Does my nut in whenever he covers a Man U game on Sky, have to put it on mute when he's on!

Another ex-player with an extreme bias, or so it looks like, is Gordon McQueen. :angry: Does my nut in whenever he covers a Man U game on Sky, have to put it on mute when he's on!

I agree with you on that.There's something so irritating about ,McQueen and his smug attitude when covering any Manc game.I think it's totally offensive to the other team that are playing them.Aren't these pundits mean't to be un-biased,because he just rubs opposition fans up the wrong way.

As for Kamara..that guy ain't a full shilling

Archived