BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrenson Admits He Is Biased Against Us

yoda

I agree with you on that.There's something so irritating about ,McQueen and his smug attitufde when covering any Manc game.I think it's tootally offensive to the other team that are playing them.Aren't these pundits mean't to be un-biased,because he just rubs opposition fans up the wrong way.

As for Kamara..that guy ain't a full shilling

kamara makes soccer saturday, one of the best reporters by far. the guy can get excited about just anything.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another ex-player with an extreme bias, or so it looks like, is Gordon McQueen. :angry: Does my nut in whenever he covers a Man U game on Sky, have to put it on mute when he's on!

Agree, listening to his voice makes me want to turn the TV off!

Don't know how many of you read John Nicholson on football365.com. Quite recently he did a couple of articles

one on the "experts"

and

one on the interviewers

Also put forward on that site was the theory that the reason Lawro & his co-experts (!) are so crap, is that they are told not to be too technical and football-brained & that the whole football TV industry is deliberately dumbed-down to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Hello Mr Estate Agent from Bracknell who owns a ST at Stamford Bridge.

• 5 months later...

The Preston Hairdresser was very very complimentry about us in todays Mirror.

Said our wingers are as good as anyone in the league and that we are one of the teams he expects to push the top 4 this season.

Said we are one of the best run clubs in the premiership.

Very nice stuff indeed.

Said our wingers are as good as anyone in the league and that we are one of the teams he expects to push the top 4 this season.

Very nice stuff indeed.

has someone put something in his tea this morning then? not like him at all! still hate that tosser

Very nice stuff indeed.

Link to Mirror story

]

Worryingly positive from the normally scathing Lawrenson. Good job nobody ever listens to a word he says...

Fair play to him for talking us up for once.

Noticed this trend in the Mirror article....

Last 10 finishes: 10th, 6th, 15th, 15th, 6th, 10th, 2nd,

Does that bode well for us this season?? :D

2nd???

10th,

6th,

15th,

15th,

6th,

10th,

2nd,

The 2nd refers to when we got promoted and finished behind Fulham!

He's also done an article on the BCC website that heaps praise on us, punching above our weight etc. Says we play good football, strong defensively and scrap for everything. He also expects another UEFA cup slot for us. I actually had to check it was the same hairdresser and not some other character with bad hair and a bad tache!

I dont think lawrenson is as bad as people make out, sure hes from Preston and supports Liverpool, but i believe most of the time he is just carrying on friendly banter between rival fans. Often his comments seem tongue in cheek, and he does give us credit where credits due.

I dont think lawrenson is as bad as people make out, sure hes from Preston and supports Liverpool, but i believe most of the time he is just carrying on friendly banter between rival fans. Often his comments seem tongue in cheek, and he does give us credit where credits due.

And why wouldn't he support Liverpool? He played for them for long enough!

Interesting note on Sunday – Did anyone see the Daily Mail? Bobby Robson who has connections all over the World in Football was doing his review of the coming season and said that He has been informed that Rigters is a better player than Babel and that we got by far the best deal, compared to Babel @ £11 million

Interesting note on Sunday – Did anyone see the Daily Mail? Bobby Robson who has connections all over the World in Football was doing his review of the coming season and said that He has been informed that Rigters is a better player than Babel and that we got by far the best deal, compared to Babel @ £11 million

interesting, however i dont see how Rigters will feature much this season considering the fire power we have at the moment. I think he will more than likely play sometimes on the wing.

Babel has been hyped for a long time, i would be pleasently suprised if Rigters was a better player

Lawros comments about us (and the other 19 Premiership teams) are on p315 of the bbc's teletext service.

His comments seem positive on the surface (I especially like his reference to Nelsen as underrated), but he says we have been "punching above our weight since Hughes arrived". Roughly translated this means that without him we would be nowhere.

We have had good managers and we have had some bad ones (just like lots of other teams) but when Hughes time with us is up, that doesnt mean that we can't possibly hope for a decent manager ever again and we are destined so struggle or even get relegated after that.

Our ambitions are long term top-flight stability and growth. We're not a short term success story.

• 7 months later...

Archived