SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 0 Bayer Leverkusen 0

Paul

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shoppybrfc
That is discovery channel on my freeview! I really dont think I have ITV4 i'm listening on the radio as it stands! Has anyone got any links to live streams?

discovery channel is not on Freeview

We've looked lively so far, but yeah - too many long balls and the ball is spending too much time in the air. We need to test Bajern more as we haven't created a lot. Benni had one glorious chance though but the German defender got his foot to the ball in the last moment. We need a goal, to state the obvious.

1st goal will be crucial. If we score 1st then its game on. If we concede 1st then you have to think that, given our bad record of coming back from being behind, that its game over.

Yes, they would be too hard to break down. We're resorting to the long ball far too much already and so too many attacks fizzle out to nothing, at only half a goal down. It needs to be kept on the floor a lot more. I have also noticed that the wingers, especially Bentley, aren't going for the early cross like usual.

My feeling too MC. I'm not sure why we keep pumping long balls upto our strikers-Derbs has won a few headers but on that pitch it's just going to run away.

I reckon we'll leave it late but grab a 1-0!

Finally does anyone else think that Juan would have walked for that slide on Derbyshire if Gamst hadn't been their to retrieve the losse ball? It looked a very poor mistimed tackle from a guy on a yellow <_<

My feeling too MC. I'm not sure why we keep pumping long balls upto our strikers-Derbs has won a few headers but on that pitch it's just going to run away.

I reckon we'll leave it late but grab a 1-0!

Finally does anyone else think that Juan would have walked for that slide on Derbyshire if Gamst hadn't been their to retrieve the losse ball? It looked a very poor mistimed tackle from a guy on a yellow <_<

No, 'cos I feel the ref saw that as a 50/50. I'd have sent him off though, regardless of who got the rebound.

Still feling guardedly optimistic here. Hopefully our fitness will pay dividends. Also Dunn and Toogs can only get MORE involved in the game it seems, meaning we can only look more dangerous.

At some point MGP has to berform a moment of magic per usual (unless he used it up on that first free kick)

I'm not impressed so far. No half as bad as the first leg. But we are a little lacking up front, and giving them too much time on the ball.. Their passing is much more fluent than ours. Good thing they are about as effective as us going forward. We score first and I think we'll win. Kill them on the counter to make it safe. The only problem will be getting that goal.

Archived