BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 0 Bayer Leverkusen 0

Paul

I noticed we are playing football on Thursday so thought it might be an idea to start a thread. From what I saw on TV, :angry: , I think Rovers will get through after a nerve wracking encounter. I suspect we will go at them for an early goal only to concede one before half time, setting things up for a storming second-half with Rovers winning 2-1 to go through on away goals (I'm not sure when they count - full time or AET?) Bentley and Derbyshire for Rovers.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's goals in it for Rovers, we desparately need to score first though - a couple of goals from Rovers before HT should settle the nerves a bit I hope.

Good to see that Hughes has got the defense well organised again (at Arsenal), however we will be changing it again SAMBA/ZURAB(rb) for ZURAB(cb)/EMO. I hope we play Zurab instead of Henchoz.

Also need Tugay to get his magic foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game.

Rovers 3 - 1 Bayer

Benni

Axe

MGP

I think there's goals in it for Rovers, we desparately need to score first though - a couple of goals from Rovers before HT should settle the nerves a bit I hope.

Good to see that Hughes has got the defense well organised again (at Arsenal), however we will be changing it again SAMBA/ZURAB(rb) for ZURAB(cb)/EMO. I hope we play Zurab instead of Henchoz.

Also need Tugay to get his magic foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game.

Rovers 3 - 1 Bayer

Benni

Axe

MGP

Mr Axeman is suspended for this one im afraid, which means it will be Dunn & Tugay in the middle probably.

2-0 Rovers

Really cant wait for this one its gonna be a cracking night of european football. We're gonna be right up for it at the start and hopefully fly into them. A good start and a early goal will get the crowd going and settle down all the nerves. Lev are not a great team-if that performance last week was their best of the season then they cannot be the best team in the world.

Hopefully MGP, tugay and McCarthy will be back for the match and we can go into the game with a team resembling some sort of half decent mid-field. We need as many people down there as possible, S/t are free and we have cheap tickets. There is nothing more the club can do, we must get behind the lads on thurs evening! :brfc:

In most cases you'd be worried about European teams coming to Ewood and defending their first leg lead pretty well. From what we saw in Germany, l don't think we need to worry about that. ;)

2-0 Rovers (MGP, Benni)

Archived