BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Striker For Next Season

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean aside from the ridiculous TV money next year? I suspect that Hughes has tabs on a player or three.

A new striker... Camara would be my choice, and how expensive can he be. Samba said that of all the strikers he's played with or against, Henri Camara was the hardest, because he's so damn fast.

Zigic has done well in spain, but he looks like he needs an extra touch that he will not get in the premiership, and I suspect he'd be expensive.

I don't know, with the declining gate reveue and so forth I am not sure how much exra cash we will have? Actually what worries me more is the fact every team in the league will have an extra 15m at least burning a hole in their pocket. How much are transfers going to be inflated by?

There was a rumor on the BBC gossip column a couple of weeks back saying that Rovers were interested in Grzegorz Rasiak from Southampton (Currently 3rd top scorer in the Championship on 18 gls). Not sure what he might be like but he's been in the Prem with Tottingham. Martin Jol said he was "a tall target man, a hard-working, honest player with a good goal scoring record.", then off-loaded him to Southampton hmm... Wiki linky

Rasiak was rubbish for Spurs! Probably also the slowest forward I've ever seen too. He's a good Championship striker. Remember, even Kuqi managed 20+ there...

Maybe we are keeping tabs on the Hungarian who is banging them in at Barnsley or Chris Martin the young lad at Norwich who has bagged something like 6 in the last 7.

If not we could always give The Dingles £6 million for Kyle Lafferty :blink::lol:

The Hungarian (cant spell his name) notched again to help drop The Dingles in it. 6 in the last 6 in a struggling side. Worth a look I reckon.

Guest shoppybrfc

Not a chance in hell Roar plus he's a everton Boy, If Nugent gets called up to the England Squad, his value will immediately go to somewhere between 6-10million, thats how overinflated English players are.

Young and English is the way to go. Someone like Sharp or Eastwood for a couple of million, a good season or two and we'd be looking at quadrupling our money (or possibly even better). If not, then nothing ventured and all that.

If Preston don't come up this season i think we should go for David Nugent, its about time he played in the Premiership and i think we're just the right size as in not too big of a club or too small and oh yeah, we could be in Europe!

Nugent to Everton = Beattie exit to :tu:

On the assumption that Chelsea, Arsenal, Scum and Liverpool don't want him, where else is Bellamy going to go? Newcastle won't touch him, he'd be barmy to go to Citeh, so who's left? Bolton? Everton? Reading? Spurs? None of them have any greater chance of landing him than we do, especially given that he scored a bag full of goals here and obviously got on with the squad and the management.

Personally, I don't think we need another striker, although I would keep Nonda. Benni, Derbyshire and Roberts are the first three choices, with Nonda and Gally/Jeffers there to fill in when desperate.

Full backs and central midfielders are a far greater priority in my book.

:rover: was talking to a rovers player yesterday,and it seems sparky is a very big fan of############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################JAMES BEATTIE :blink::unsure::brfc:

On the assumption that Chelsea, Arsenal, Scum and Liverpool don't want him, where else is Bellamy going to go? Newcastle won't touch him, he'd be barmy to go to Citeh, so who's left? Bolton? Everton? Reading? Spurs? None of them have any greater chance of landing him than we do

Villa? Aren't blessed with too many strikers and there's the O'Neill factor. I'd reckon they have as much chance as us.

Wouldn't be happy with Beattie. Yes he's a Rover through and through but, he seems to have lost his edge and looks very slow and leggy these days.

Nugent is a talent and if you compare him to Andy Johnson a few years ago, I think Nugent is the better player by far. He would cost a lot of money though.

Freddy Eastwood? I think he's probably playing at his level already and prem defenders would suss him out straight away.

Lafferty? Not seen enough of him for obvious reasons!

It may be very optimistic but what about Peter Crouch? Ideal target man for our wingers and we could get him for about £5M. Surely he will be surplus at Anfield next season

and providing we get into Europe, Hughes might be able to pull off a real coup.

:rover: was talking to a rovers player yesterday,and it seems sparky is a very big fan of############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################JAMES BEATTIE :blink::unsure::brfc:

you spoke to Dunny yesterday didn't you? seem to remember reading that on another thread, about the semi-finals I think..?

Beattie is decent, but if we manage europe again this season I think Hughesy should be able to lure a better striker to Rovers this summer. I'm expecting that Nonda and Jeffers will leave the club, so we'll need one class striker which could start every game like Benni, and now also Derbyshire, has done all season. Roberts haven't proved anything so far, but he's been unlucky with injuries earlier in the season and finding it hard to get a chance now that Derbs har become the new first-choice up front with Benni. But I think Roberts will come good. With the new TV deal I guess we can expect more money in the transfer kitty?

Why do people think Bellamy will leave liverpool? him and kuyt are the 1st choice front two. If any liverpool forward is not wanted it will; be fowler or crouch!

We need a pacey striker to complement the 'Laid back' mccarthy and create space through occupying defenders with pace and movement. I dont think we need a big striker such as crouch though.

Villa? Aren't blessed with too many strikers and there's the O'Neill factor. I'd reckon they have as much chance as us.

villa's poor run (2 wins in 18 games) will count against them, but they may be able to offer him more in wages (more than the 65K per week we did).

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen this reported elsewhere so I'm not sure where the BBC are getting their info from, but our name pops up in this article on their site at the moment:

Watford determined to hang on to King.

As Watford are all but a lower division team I thought this would be best suited here. King looked very good in the Championship, and he was promising at the start of this season (I seem to remember a thunderbolt from 20+ yards against someone) until he got a bad injury. If we are looking at him then I'd say he's definitely in the mould of Nonda, which could mean we're not looking to hang on to him beyond the end of this season.

Hey why not look in america? I know thats there a stigma with players from the US not being all that good but i mean look at fulham reading and even are very own rovers sheff has got some and citehs even got 2 so why not look here. there are quite a few players coming up on there contracts in the MLS so hey why not. Plus you guys got the exchange rate workin in your guys favor. ;)

Any suggestions for a Premiership quality striker who would fit out style of play then, RFU? Or is this another "Rovers should buy players who are *insert my nationality*" kind of post? Who is looking good over there? Where's Philly Rover to fill us in when we need him?

Archived