BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

I think that's what I've been trying to say (badly). I don't necessarily have the financial or family challenges others do, but do still have challenges. If there's NO way to overcome them, I whinge to me and watch on TV.

The funniest one was a number of years ago against Sheffield Wednesday at home. I had chickenpox but still wanted to attend. I called the club to give them the situation and offered to sit in the (closed) Darwen end upper to avoid infecting people. They'd have had to have provided stewards so, no. One of the Jack walker wings was pretty empty at the front, so they used that police tape (do not cross) to tape off 5 rows by about 8 seats, and sat me in the middle. People were quite interested as to why, but left me well alone when I told them!

Class :tu:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's absolute quality, and fair play to the club and herself!

I really don't get why people on the board have such a go at Jan when she suggests solutions, she's right, there's generally a solution and if there isn't, there's very little point moaning.

However, what I think she's missing is that people are not necessarly angry about where it's being played, or anything like that, it's more that the whole venue announcement is being held up on account of two clubs, Man U and Chelsea. I mean, seriously, what's that about? Alternatives could be announced, to say "If Man U win, then X, if not, then Y". Chelsea/Spurs are so close that it doesn't matter which one wins. This looks like a blatant attempt to sort out the big boys and leave us and watford hanging. I mean, we won our game, and so did Watford, surely we should get priority!

It pisses me off that I have to wait for the replays to be played before I find out where we are playing our semi final. I have to book flights from Spain so the earlier I book the cheaper it is. As for the final (if we get there) does anyone know where it is going to be? Do I book flights into Stanstead/Gatwick or Cardiff???????

The final should be at Wembley. Yesterday there was an "event" for 40,000 people in the stadium, next Saturday 60,000 will be at the England U-21. These events are part of Wembley being issued with a safety certificate in time for the Cup Final.

Been told by a guy who does event security in Manchester that we'll be at Old Trafford on the 15th. No idea how accurate that is...

Remember who these people are telling you with certain authority where the match is going to happen, folks. Next time around, you know who to believe.

The new Wembley looks like every other new stadium. Yawn.

Couldnt agree more. Just a Millenium clone.

I think the Architect was HOK Stadia - well, shame on you HOK. Perhaps a sneaky look at Bayern Munich's ground could have stood you in good stead.

Is it any wonder that no UK Building Contractor would go near the project. The FA wanted it to be bult for 'FA' - so they bring in Multiplex. Nothing against them , but what better way for an Australian company to get a foothold in the UK construction market, than to 'buy' a project such as this.

Oh well, its built in the wrong place anyway :unsure:

I hope that is true. Well anything other than the Emirates, I'd go wherever it was but I think if it's up North it will benefit our players. Well Rovers are off to Dubai and Spurs/Chelsea have a hectic schedule coming up, so fingers crossed it'll benefit us.

Listening to Benni on 'Goals on Sunday' they seem up for the first final at wembley :tu:

I hope that is true. Well anything other than the Emirates, I'd go wherever it was but I think if it's up North it will benefit our players. Well Rovers are off to Dubai and Spurs/Chelsea have a hectic schedule coming up, so fingers crossed it'll benefit us.

Listening to Benni on 'Goals on Sunday' they seem up for the first final at wembley :tu:

Rovers are off to Dubai? Surely most of them are reporting for internationals?

Rovers are off to Dubai? Surely most of them are reporting for internationals?

Well thats what Mr McCarthy said.

The point was Chelsea/Spurs have European games that week, i.e the busy schedule, while Rovers don't.

I know many on this mb say they don't care what is said about the club by other fans and the media but I hate it when we get slagged off. Acres of empty red seats at O.T. will be grist to the mill for the usual suspects (Talksh1te etc)

Who cares? Nice and easy to get to, set off when I want, a few drinks beforehand in pubs I know. Watch us beat Spuds, then have a night out and get a taxi home to bed. Sounds good to me, 6 hours less travelling and god knows how much money saved. Surely the fair weather fans are much much more likely to turn up at OT, rather than travel down to Birmingham?

Blackburn police have been told the semi will be at old trafford but sat/sun has not yet been decided.

Waggy is saying that the semi is definatly at the Emirates as his nephew works for the FA.

Travel and Accomodation booked.

Well thats what Mr McCarthy said.

Hughes has already said Nelsen won't be playing for NZ and Benni recently retired from internationals.

Waggy is saying that the semi is definatly at the Emirates as his nephew works for the FA.

Travel and Accomodation booked.

Have fun in Landon then Jordan :tu:

Archived