BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiff is ok but it is one of the most inaccesible cities i've ever been too.

I'm sure I've seen you on at least 2 European adventures recently. Much further away than Cardiff.

Come on everyone, who gives a flying **** where the game is. Our largest away following so far this season was in Rotterdam!!!!

Which proves that where there's a will there's a way - so be it Cardiff, Manchester, London, Birmingham, Sheffield or the Outer Hebrides, it's an FA Cup semi FFS, everyone should be there even if they have to walk!!

I'm sure I've seen you on at least 2 European adventures recently. Much further away than Cardiff.

Come on everyone, who gives a flying **** where the game is. Our largest away following so far this season was in Rotterdam!!!!

Which proves that where there's a will there's a way - so be it Cardiff, Manchester, London, Birmingham, Sheffield or the Outer Hebrides, it's an FA Cup semi FFS, everyone should be there even if they have to walk!!

What about wigan? :tu: we took 3,500 there!

Tris I expected better understanding from you.

That's not the point - using Cardiff again is going backtrack on the competition and what they say they are trying to do and put it back to the fans - IMO and the way others have posted would suggest its takes the glamour and tradition away. Its already been spoilt with the different K/O times and days instead of being on the same day and time.

As mentioned after the last debacle at CARDIFF , no mater what a great place it is it did not feel like a Semi Final and would appear to have been the same for alot of our dwindling fans.

I rang the FA and left a message (to what I'm convinced that they won't get back to me) with regards to the venue for the Semi-final.

Basically said it was nothing short of disgraceful and very unsatisfactory that 3 full days after the draw for the semi-finals was made a venue as yet to be decided. Like many others on here, I have to book time of work and also make travel arrangements.

Whats the bets that when after the replays are played, then a venue will be picked. If it was the case that Man Utd and Chelsea were already through, then a venue would have already been picked by this stage. I was looking at the map and saw the distance that Rovers fans have to travel down if it was to be held in Cardiff. It's quite a long haul, but as Tris said, look at the amount we brought to Feyenoord. If we can travel that distance and the venue is for Cardiff, then lets not pussyfoot around and support our beloved team.

Onwards and Upwards!

the semi final should be held at Villa Park, and i don't know why it's taking this long for the fixing FA officials to name the venue.

Villa Park is the ideal venue for Rovers vs Cockneys, for distance wise and non of the clubs should complain

if they name Cardiff then that is a joke, it takes ages to get there and back and it's not even in England

You probably didn't even pay attention to how much you spent to get there....

Saturday at Villa Park would be great - cheap flight to London, quick train up then back the next morning.

just had a look on route planner and Villa park is pretty much perfect. 112 miles for us and 119 for tottenham, 122 for Chelsea.

Surely there can be no other option.

Bearing in mind how logical and sensible that it, I predict Cardiff. Or Glasgow

Its at VILLA PARK for semi final, either Saturday or Sunday

That is also my information from someone in an official capacity within the club.

Well actually, their words where " They don't know for sure but it is looking like Villa Park"

If the game is at OT if we play utd, then it will be at OT for the Boro game

Those that say Elland Rd and Hillsbrough are wrong, the FA wouldnt touch these grounds with a bargepole. Neither of these grounds hosted games when England went on 'tour'

England lost 2-1 to Italy at Elland Road in 2002. I was there.

Archived