BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

Only Rovers fans could turn making it to the Cup semi-final in to this much of a whinge fest.

I and many on this list will be attending the semi final, as i explained in the west ham details earlier, it took them under 6 hours from the draw to give venue details. We are now 5 days after the draw and nothing. I'm sure many on here would prefer to have the venue, dates and time enabing them to take advantages of cheaper travel tickets & hotels on offer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be seen that OT is too close to Blackburn to be fair to the Chelsea Fans, just out of left field here, but what about Elland Road or even the Walker Crisps Stadium?

Sheff Utd played Arsenal at OT a few years back. That didnt bother the FA.

We're all being very spoilt now aren't we?

My friend and I moved heaven and earth to get to Cardiff for the Worthy Cup final "as it's been x years since we last made a final and the age home might not run a coach for the next one"

Then there was the semi against Arse at Cardiff, which cost me 3 points on my license as I was actually on stage that night in London when it was "another one- well we really have to make the most of this"

Last year I actually missed one of the legs of the Worthy Semi-final as "well that's two years in a row"

And now it's " a semi-final" been there seen it!

Of course I'll go, but I think people are getting blase about it and don't quite realise what a big thing this is. WE ARE IN THE SEMI FINAL OF THE FA CUP. We should be jumping up and down with excitement. I bet all of the people on here who are getting upset will expect tickets to the final. And will pay it, whatever it costs. (I don't somehow think that the £20 away day will work!)

There yo go again blah blah blah - I've got money so why are you all whingeing - are you sure you are not TND's twin sister?

Course people realise what a big thing it is, which is why they are making a big thing of it.

Not everybody can do things on a whim and need to prepare as well as budget.

As I said earlier we got well a truly screwed last time - why should we let them do it again?

Why don't you just tootle off and come back when you realise what the real world is.

I apologised to you in a previous post - but the mods in their big brother position decided to remove it - but continue with posts like that and is it any wonder you get the stick thrown back.

As I said earlier we got well a truly screwed last time - why should we let them do it again?

I really don't understand how? If you're talking about kick-off time, you could have gone down the night before and got there in plenty of time, or got up really early and driven down on the morning of the game and stayed that night. If you're talking about price- that's the price the FA chose. Boycotts only make for headlines against the club. Which is NOT what we need.

As for this one, you know the date (well it's one of two). Unless you work on a Saturday or Sunday (when of course this is a big deal) I honestly don't understand the problem. The tickets, wherever the game is, are going to be about the same price as last year, if not a bit more, and you're going to be travelling somewhere. Whichever, if you're really stuck there's always the club coach. Or not going.

As T4E said- Perspective.

Just for info this was Charlton's semi at VP last season:

Should the Addicks emerge triumphant on Wednesday night, Charlton would receive an allocation of 18,464 tickets in the Holte End and in the Doug Ellis Stand at Villa Park for the semi-final against West Ham United on Sunday, April 23rd (4pm - live on Sky).

Tickets are priced £55 (centre sections of the Doug Ellis Stand), £45 (non-centre sections of the Doug Ellis Stand and centre sections of the Holte End) and £35 (rear sections of the Holte End).

There are no concessions, but there are a limited number of family tickets in the front section of the Holte End, priced £25 adults and £12.50 U16s and over 60s.

Those are the exact same prices as they were at Cardiff 2 years ago

I really don't understand how? If you're talking about kick-off time, you could have gone down the night before and got there in plenty of time, or got up really early and driven down on the morning of the game and stayed that night. If you're talking about price- that's the price the FA chose. Boycotts only make for headlines against the club. Which is NOT what we need.

As for this one, you know the date (well it's one of two). Unless you work on a Saturday or Sunday (when of course this is a big deal) I honestly don't understand the problem. The tickets, wherever the game is, are going to be about the same price as last year, if not a bit more, and you're going to be travelling somewhere. Whichever, if you're really stuck there's always the club coach. Or not going.

Jan I think you're being very naive here. Work can often be only the start of problems. What about child care for example? Or the fact that people may have something that they need to arrange for that weekend, but are prevented from doing so because it looks like we are going to be messed about over fixture arrangements?

I work on Saturdays and Sundays, but luckily for me I had that week booked off out of pure coincidence. I also have a mate that lives in Cardiff and could provide me with a room for the night, and Old Trafford and Villa Park are easy enough to get to for me.

However, unlike you I feel for those Rovers supporters who are in a worse position than myself.

Jan, I think some of your comments above are a little naive. Some people can't afford to just 'go to Cardiff and stay the night', some people will have Children who they have to get back to, or work commitments.

It's not always as simple as you would like it to be.

Now I know you just don't get it - now I know you just live in cloud cuckoo land.

FYI - set of in mini bus at 4am the day of the game and it was bloody snowing - arrived Newport 9.30 dumped the Mini bus and waited for the train - arrived Cardiff 11.30 ish.

The point is it shouldn't have been at CARDIFF and neither should any of these S/F and nor should the future ones at the New Wembley - it didn't feel like a semi final and tehy should be played on teh same day.

And as others have said - not everybody can just drop everything and go.

Rant Over

Jan, I think some of your comments above are a little naive. Some people can't afford to just 'go to Cardiff and stay the night', some people will have Children who they have to get back to, or work commitments.

It's not always as simple as you would like it to be.

You're probably right.

Now I know you just don't get it - now I know you just live in cloud cuckoo land.

I came off stage at 10 pm on the night before the game, got into the car and drove to Cardiff (or Newport, where my hotel was). Arrived at about 1am. Got to the game (over an hour from the hotel)- in a knee brace and on crutches as I'd dislocated my knee 2 weeks before (had an operation on it 4 weeks later)- about an hour before kick-off (had to park as near as available, which wasn't very). Had to leave straight after to get back to London to be on stage by 7.30pm. Now- given that, please forgive me for not feeling too sorry for you.

I thought Cardiff actually added to my enjoyment- it was an away trip- rather like Europe.

I came off stage at 10 pm on the night before the game, got into the car and drove to Cardiff (or Newport, where my hotel was). Arrived at about 1am. Got to the game (over an hour from the hotel)- in a knee brace and on crutches as I'd dislocated my knee 2 weeks before (had an operation on it 4 weeks later)- about an hour before kick-off (had to park as near as available, which wasn't very). Had to leave straight after to get back to London to be on stage by 7.30pm. Now- given that, please forgive me for not feeling too sorry for you.

I thought Cardiff actually added to my enjoyment- it was an away trip- rather like Europe.

A bit off subject Jan, but are you an actress?

Now- given that, please forgive me for not feeling too sorry for you.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me - and nor am I trying to win points as its not about me .I admire your commitment and what you do, its just the way you condemn others.

Its the principle - I don't know how much more to explain it (in type anyway). but the best I can explain it IMO is its like doing the 3rd and 4th round FA Cup draw together like they do with the European ones so you know who you are playing next if you win (and no doubt it will happen sometime) - it takes the tradition, glamour, some of the enjoyment etc away.

Jan, I think some of your comments above are a little naive. Some people can't afford to just 'go to Cardiff and stay the night'

For the Arsenal semi, got there and back on Megabus (6 quid) and slept rough between pubs closing time and McDonalds opening for breakfast (0 quid).

Bargain.

A bit off subject Jan, but are you an actress?

I wish

Amateur stuff only- the shows just fell on a VERY bad weekend last time!

No- I'm an accountant ( for which many boring jokes can be made!)

Kayos

I can see what you mean. I just think life's too short. There are things worth worrying and stressing about. This doesn't seem to me to be one of them.

For the Arsenal semi, got there and back on Megabus (6 quid) and slept rough between pubs closing time and McDonalds opening for breakfast (0 quid).

Bargain.

For that you need a commendation my friend .... eating at Mcdonalds!!!

For that you need a commendation my friend .... eating at Mcdonalds!!!

Who said I ate anything there!? Just remember being woken up when some of the London Branch rolled in there at 8am looking for coffee!!

Kayos

I can see what you mean. I just think life's too short. There are things worth worrying and stressing about. This doesn't seem to me to be one of them.

Agree life is too short - but this is something that maybe Fan pressure could do something about , and I don't mean just Rovers.

rovergroo will probably get a typical pre drawn response as I did prior to the previous semi (there reply then was everything was decided the previous September!!! doesn't that say something), yet he has very reasonable grounds for asking questions of them.

There is no reason why they couldn't just give an either or, especially for our game.

As much as I'd love to bash Jan and her Septic ways, you really cant question what she goes through to follow Rovers. Perhaps her outlook is a bit elitest, but it would appear that she is facing the same amount of challenges as most of us to get to games, and repeatedly finding ways to overcome them.

There are always ways around things if you have the will to find them.

Bargain.

Where did I hear that one before, lmao!

Thats one for the grandchildren.

:rover: :rover:

As much as I'd love to bash Jan and her Septic ways, you really cant question what she goes through to follow Rovers. Perhaps her outlook is a bit elitest, but it would appear that she is facing the same amount of challenges as most of us to get to games, and repeatedly finding ways to overcome them.

There are always ways around things if you have the will to find them.

I think that's what I've been trying to say (badly). I don't necessarily have the financial or family challenges others do, but do still have challenges. If there's NO way to overcome them, I whinge to me and watch on TV.

The funniest one was a number of years ago against Sheffield Wednesday at home. I had chickenpox but still wanted to attend. I called the club to give them the situation and offered to sit in the (closed) Darwen end upper to avoid infecting people. They'd have had to have provided stewards so, no. One of the Jack walker wings was pretty empty at the front, so they used that police tape (do not cross) to tape off 5 rows by about 8 seats, and sat me in the middle. People were quite interested as to why, but left me well alone when I told them!

I think that's what I've been trying to say (badly). I don't necessarily have the financial or family challenges others do, but do still have challenges. If there's NO way to overcome them, I whinge to me and watch on TV.

The funniest one was a number of years ago against Sheffield Wednesday at home. I had chickenpox but still wanted to attend. I called the club to give them the situation and offered to sit in the (closed) Darwen end upper to avoid infecting people. They'd have had to have provided stewards so, no. One of the Jack walker wings was pretty empty at the front, so they used that police tape (do not cross) to tape off 5 rows by about 8 seats, and sat me in the middle. People were quite interested as to why, but left me well alone when I told them!

:lol:

Archived