BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please let it be Villa Park and please let us play in the famous blue & white halves. Both sets of supporters would be there in equal numbers making an excellent atmosphere.

Assuming we could shift 30k if the venue was Old Trafford, that would be superb also but more likely we would sell around 25k with Chelsea then having around 35-40k.

On balance I would go for Villa Park. :brfc:

In a way its not too bad that the big 2 have been kept apart. If they lose their replays, all the better for us because our route to lifting the cup would be a lot easier.

However, if both do get to the final, a more likely possibility, then the bright side is that the team finishing in 7th would get into Europe, increasing our chances of gettimg through the league. The same would not apply if Boro, Watford or Spurs got to the final

I'm glad it's either Chelsea or Spurs, both of them would go into the game as favourites and given the fixture congestion they may encounter both can be beaten by Rovers. United at present are to be avoided and a game against Watford would probably be an awful midfield slog which given our poor form against bottom of the table teams we could easily lose. I'm happy with the draw !

If spurs get through the replay then they will play in the uefa cup on the thursday before the semi-final

Hopefully that will mean they are knackered and secondly it would mean the semi would be on the sunday.

I still expect chelsea to go through.

As long as it is on Saturday and not Cardiff bring em on.

I am telling you now, we will win this semi final whoever and when ever we play.

We're the famous Blackburn Rovers and we're goin to Wemberlee!

It's written in the stars. Monster monster.

Let me throw in a few What if's.

If we play the semi at Old Trafford, we could possibly sell 35000 tickets (I kow it's pushing it, but it is possible)

If we win and get to Wembley, we'll only get around 20000 tickets.

Result, thousands of disgruntled fans. 1960 all over again.

If we play the semi at Old Trafford, we could possibly sell 35000 tickets (I kow it's pushing it, but it is possible)

I think I read somewhere that each team gets 13,745 tickets for Wembley, which out of 90,000 is a farce.

But I may be wrong.

The draw WAS fixed.

They used the HOT and COLD balls method

REALLY?

Is that DESPITE it being a ONE IN THREE CHANCE of the 'big two' meeting each other?

Also, why were Arsenal and Man Utd drawn TOGETHER when Millwall made the final? Was there no fix that year because ROVERS weren't involved?

:wstu:

LOL! :rolleyes:

Best draw: Watford, obviously

Worst draw: Chelsea. They're more difficult to us, we seldom beat them (unless they're already crowned champions).

[/pray for Watford mode ON]

Did we beat chelsea to stop them recieving the title for another week? or am i mistaken?

When they find out the price of Wemberleeeee tickets there will be more disgruntled fans.

Probably closer to 30,000 at Old Trafford, 19000 if we get Villa Park

The final allocation last season was 23500 for West Ham in a 72000 season station - there has been an increase in the "football family" tickets this season, but not that much. Odds on for just under 30000 tickets is a best guess.

I think I read somewhere that each team gets 13,745 tickets for Wembley, which out of 90,000 is a farce.

But I may be wrong.

REALLY?

Is that DESPITE it being a ONE IN THREE CHANCE of the 'big two' meeting each other?

Also, why were Arsenal and Man Utd drawn TOGETHER when Millwall made the final? Was there no fix that year because ROVERS weren't involved?

:wstu:

Yes i know where your coming from but as its the very first competitive game at the New Wembley The F.A want it to be the 'Dream Final'.

Ideally they will hold both of the games at Villa park, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Both draws will have one Northern team and one London Team, whoever wins the replays.

Surely it makes sense to have the games played a similar distance away for both sets of fans.

If it's at the Emirates its easy for Spurs and tricky for us, if it's Old Trafford Vice Versa, same goes for the other tie.

Come on the FA, don't make it such a farce this year, it really doesn't have to be complicated.

Ideally they will hold both of the games at Villa park, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

And if its in the middle of a wet spell the pitch will be crap for the Sunday match. I cannot see that happening.

btw IF Boro win at OT then surely the most sensible option for them v Watford would be the ancient sf venue of Hillsborough wouldn't it?

:rover: nephew works at the fa :brfc:

Id be more ###### off with Emirates than i would with Cardiff.

Venues may well be confirmed at the end of this week - although i suspect dates and times of kick off wont be confirmed until the TV companies fight over it.

Archived