BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

Why all the delay?? after the last time debacle their excuse response was that everything was already decided and in place and could not be changed so why the wait.

From memory everybody used to know beforehand anyway what two grounds where used and it was just a decision of which game played at which venue.

Don't know if its a good sign or not, but surely if it was at Cardiff it would already be known?

I always recall the grounds being selected once the semi final's were actually known (or a close as could be expected).

My head is thinking that United v Watford will be at VP/Emirates

meaning Rovers v Chelsea is at Old Trafford.....

I wonder.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'll say this:

I think it was likely fixed. That being said, check the odds:

Rovers v. Watford: 1/3

Rovers v. Chelsea/Tottenham: 1/3

Rovers v. ManUre/Boro: 1/3

We had a 2/3 chance of drawing one of the two big clubs.

Watford v. Rovers: 1/3

Watford v. Chelsea/Tottenham: 1/3

Watford v. ManUre/Boro: 1/3

Same with Watford. And the big clubs only had a 1/3 chance of drawing each other.

So it is POSSIBLE it's not fixed, but I imagine the FA wouldn't leave it to chance.

I know its a semi and the odds of drawing a big club are short,but its every semi draw over the past few years were the "littler" clubs meet a "big club" and the big are kept seperate.

Millwall VS United final a few years back? Was that fixed?

Well we've had a much tougher run of games to get to where we are (3 prem teams including 2 away draws) so we have no reason to believe we can't do this. Either way it's going to be tough as Spurs are the form team in the prem at the moment and Chelsea are, well, Chelsea.

Interesting where they will play the tie should ManUre beat Middlesbrough. Surely 1 game will be at the Emirates as opposed to Old Trafford? Wouldn't want to make the media darlings travel to the grim north now would we?

It also makes sense because I doubt us vs Chelsea or Spurs would fill Old Trafford but the Emirates would more than likely be full. 40,000 glory hunters and 15,000 Rovers fans head to the Arsenal, with corporate taking up the rest. Move up to Old Trafford and I could see 20,000 Rovers fans but probably only the same amount of Chelsea fans making the trip. Spurs would bring more as it would mean more to them. Still be 15-20 k empty seats though I reckon.

But I'll be going, wherever it is and whoever against.

I always recall the grounds being selected once the semi final's were actually known (or a close as could be expected).

My head is thinking that United v Watford will be at VP/Emirates

meaning Rovers v Chelsea is at Old Trafford.....

I wonder.

To me the grounds where always known ie maybe x3 - but always known possibly because there where only certain ones that were used ie S.Wed/Citeh/Villa/MU etc

Ok if it is these but if Boro progress most likely Villa Park

To me the grounds where always known ie maybe x3 - but always known possibly because there where only certain ones that were used ie S.Wed/Citeh/Villa/MU etc

Ok if it is these but if Boro progress most likely Villa Park

I heard some info that three venues have been "booked" - Emirates/OT and VP. Im guessing we wont actually find out until at least next week.

I heard some info that three venues have been "booked" - Emirates/OT and VP. Im guessing we wont actually find out until at least next week.

So did I Stu, and I'm positive I read something somewhere earlier in the competition that Cardiff would not be used for the semi's.

Well done to the FA with their astute choice of semi-final draw.

Blackburn will go out in the semi final and avoid the embarrassing scenario where the brand new shiny Wembley Stadium is invaded by hordes of uncouth dirty northerners.

We can't have our nice new national stadium filled with these northern types. They might mess it up.

jees forgot about that...who did they play in the semis?

United played Arse and Millwall played Sunderland. Plus last year Chelsea got Liverpool and West Ham got, can't remember off the top of my head but they weren't a particularly big club I don't think. Face it the odds were against us getting Watford and there are as many examples to prove it's not fixed as ones that show it is.

Okay, I'll say this:

I think it was likely fixed. That being said, check the odds:

Rovers v. Watford: 1/3

Rovers v. Chelsea/Tottenham: 1/3

Rovers v. ManUre/Boro: 1/3

We had a 2/3 chance of drawing one of the two big clubs.

Watford v. Rovers: 1/3

Watford v. Chelsea/Tottenham: 1/3

Watford v. ManUre/Boro: 1/3

Same with Watford. And the big clubs only had a 1/3 chance of drawing each other.

So it is POSSIBLE it's not fixed, but I imagine the FA wouldn't leave it to chance.

Why did they NOT SHOW the balls as they came out? That would have eliminated any suggestion of fixing.

It's bound to be the emirates, as talksport (so unbiased in their views) say, because they have more fans, and lets face it Blackburn won't get through anyway so why should they travel up here? *vomit*

I hope we get Chelski, I hope Samba has Drogba sorted all game, the axe has Lampard sorted all game and Benni scores against his old boss. Robben gets sent off for diving and Jose gets sent to the stands for having a go at the ref in Portugese. Terry decides he needs the rest of the season off to recuperate and Essien scores three own goals. While Shevchenko is too busy seeing if he can spot Roman in the crowd.

All the while Sir Alex gets redder by the day and spontaneously combusts.

Rovers V Watford in the final.

Well folks I just hope Sparky and all the players having seen the bias against us and Watford, now get the steel and determination to win this semi regardless who it is against us. We CAN do it after all we beat Arsenal and they are as good as footballing side as either Spurs or Chelski. Have the faith!! Remember also; out of all the teams still in the reckoning we have had the hardest run to get where we are now.

Well folks I just hope Sparky and all the players having seen the bias against us and Watford, now get the steel and determination to win this semi regardless who it is against us. We CAN do it after all we beat Arsenal and they are as good as footballing side as either Spurs or Chelski. Have the faith!! Remeber also; out of all the teams still in the reckoning we have had the hardest run to get where we are now.

Also, spurs and chelsea have a massive amount of games to play between now and then which could also help us.

Archived