BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

Right fed up of this missed several European trips, a semi final in Cardiff since moving to the US over 3yrs ago. Enough is enough I am not going to miss the last semi finals to be played on neutral grounds hopefully Villa Park in the Holt End although we will probably get the away end.

Is there anybody in the know (Lee?) with any news rather than speculation. Will the game be on the Sunday ? I am not bothered where the game is played as long as it isn't Cardiff... It must not be Cardiff. ? Ticket allocations what would we get at Villa Park / OT. ?

Need to sweet talk the wife and get flights booked. Got talksport on at the moment don't know why as they love nothing better than to slag the rovers off and our support. Lets stick it up the London boys again and shut the media up sell out and sing our hearts out. I am going different shades of red/purple with rage.

Looking forward to this already. Hughes v Fergy final anybody ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 balls = 12 possible combinations (1 vs. 3, 3 vs. 1 = 2 combinations, although irrelevant bearing in mind neutral ground).

2 combinations = Chelsea/Spuds Vs. Mancs/M'boro been drawn together [6/1]

10 combinations = them been kept apart [1.2/1]

....and people are surprised they were kept apart?

I was looking at it like so. We have three possible draws we could receive (we could get manure/boro, chelski/spurs or watford). The only one we could get that meant Manure and Chelski were against each other was Watford. So, 1 in 3 chance of them not being kept apart. Your calculations seem to have it as 1 in 6. But however you look at it, it was always more likely that we would get the harder road. So no sense in calling it fixed from that alone...though I'd have been absolutely astonished if we'd gotten Watford.

Is there anybody in the know (Lee?) with any news rather than speculation. Will the game be on the Sunday ? I am not bothered where the game is played as long as it isn't Cardiff... It must not be Cardiff. ? Ticket allocations what would we get at Villa Park / OT. ?

Mothing confirmed yet - most likely will not be until the middle of next week - based on previous semi final allocations we will get approxc 18-19k at Villa Park, or more than 30k at Old Trafford.

Odds on being one game on each day - BBC get first choice, although Im not 100% sure if they also choose the day.

Mothing confirmed yet - most likely will not be until the middle of next week - based on previous semi final allocations we will get approxc 18-19k at Villa Park, or more than 30k at Old Trafford.

Odds on being one game on each day - BBC get first choice, although Im not 100% sure if they also choose the day.

BBC will pick us

united v watford will only be on for non footballing reasons

BBC will pick us

united v watford will only be on for non footballing reasons

Utd's gathering momentum for a treble could possibly make that of more interest to some, as well as it being a 'top vs bottom' clash...everyone loves a genuine underdog. Still, I'd expect it to be our game if Chelsea go through, but if Spurs go do then it'll probably be Man Utd.

Before people start claiming this was fixed, remember the odds of us drawing one of the big two was 2/3. I can't see how people can shout 'fix' at something that had a 66% chance of happening anyway. A few years ago Arsenal and Man Utd were drawn together in the semi's, leaving Millwall to progress to the final. Such events are UNCOMMON, it's basic logic. We should just stop whinging and put all our efforts into trying to support Spurs for a day, no matter how hard it will be.

Why do people not want the game to be in Cardiff??

It is a great stadium and a really really good trip. Two of my best trips were the Cup final and the semi against Arsenal.

I agree but i don't think the FA are to keen on sending out to wales again.

Atomicrover: Yes, for operational reasons we are the "home" team.

People

WE ARE ONLY GOING TO CARDIFF for the following scenario

Rovers get through the semi final and Wembley is deemed not suitable for safety reasons.

Rovers WILL play at VILLA PARK not at any LONDON ground and I very much doubt we will get OT as we would then have the advantage of being the "home" team.

The Midlands is the venue whether it be Spuds or chelski, GET USED to the idea.........

:brfc:

People

Rovers get through the semi final and Wembley is deemed not suitable for safety reasons.

Rovers WILL play at VILLA PARK not at any LONDON ground and I very much doubt we will get OT as we would then have the advantage of being the "home" team.

The Midlands is the venue whether it be Spuds or chelski, GET USED to the idea.........

Where would Man U and Watford play?

Both United (Old Trafford) & Villa (Villa Park) are away from home that weekend (Prem fixtures wise).

Whereas Arsenal (Emirates) play Bolton at home 3pm Saturday.

City also at home to Liverpool.

That would suggest to me that the FA have booked OT and Villa Park for the semis.

People

Ok - I would agree that Villa Park is the most sensible venue. However - say United beat Middlesborough - where will the Watford/Utd tie be played ? Taking aside the fact that Arsenal's ground is closest to most United fans - you have to say that Villa Park would be the most appropriate venue for that tie as well.

I can't see both being played there - so where next ?

I have a nasty feeling that one of the northern clubs will miss out on the venue.

Having said that - Anfield would be ideal for us :rover:

Two days 14th and 15th April

its not beyond the realms of possibility that BOTh games could feature there.

I think though at this point supporters needs to banish thoughts of having to travel to Cardiff for the semi final.

I would have thought a more pressing agenda would be that surrounding TICKETS !!! A lot of BRFC fans may find themselves without :brfc:

Two days 14th and 15th April

its not beyond the realms of possibility that BOTh games could feature there.

I think though at this point supporters needs to banish thoughts of having to travel to Cardiff for the semi final.

I would have thought a more pressing agenda would be that surrounding TICKETS !!! A lot of BRFC fans may find themselves without :brfc:

I would doubt season ticket holders and members will have a problem.

or Middlesbrough and Watford

I meant if Man U got through, they obviously couldn't play at OT, but middlesborough could. I wasn't saying Man U are through. :rolleyes:

Therefore, there would be no point me asking where Middlesborough v Watford would play because that could be Old Trafford, if we were at Villa Park.

I'm not sure how reliable this information is, but I'm hearing from more than 1 source the following:

14 April 2007

Blackburn Rovers v Chelsea or Tottenham Hotspur

at Old Trafford, Manchester

15 April 2007

Middlesbrough or Manchester United v Watford

at Villa Park, Birmingham

I'm not sure how reliable this information is, but I'm hearing from more than 1 source the following:

14 April 2007

Blackburn Rovers v Chelsea or Tottenham Hotspur

at Old Trafford, Manchester

15 April 2007

Middlesbrough or Manchester United v Watford

at Villa Park, Birmingham

Probably the most sensible decision, no body will struggle for a ticket if its at OT thats for sure.

Archived