BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could have been better , could have been worse . Spurs have a much greater chance of beating Chelsea than Middlesborough do UTD .......and UTD are the strongest team out of the 4 . Spurs against us would be 50/50 .

If it's at Cardiff I'll be sick . After the last fiasco our support wouldn't amount to much I'm afraid .

Chelsea have got our number. I would actually quite fancy us against any team in the draw apart from Chelsea, including United!

The problm with Chelsea is that they play the physical/closing down game well and don't get outcompeted. With Manu we can knock them off their rhythm.

Anyhow, come on Spurs!

If someone could nobble Drogba, that would help. I don't really fear anyone else in their team (as long as people remember to close down Lampard when he looks as though he's going to shoot!)

Don't we now have one of the only central defenders who could potentially handle Drogba?

Anyone notice the condensation on the inside of the bowl. I reckon the Manc and Chelski balls were in the fridge before being dropped in!!!

How bad is this... the saviour for Watford last night was their goalkeeper and if Moan Utd get through, he wont be able to play against them in the semi. Conspiracy theories all round!!!

Well what a surprise! Who could have imagined that happening? :ph34r:

Still we all saw on the TV that it was all done fair and square didn't we? We saw the 4 numbered balls tipped out of a bag and into a pot witha glass bottom so that we could all see the balls in there and a hand reaching in with no room to be able to see the balls he was picking up, so it MUST have been fair, OK? Maybe! and maybe NOT! What we did NOT see was the numbers on the balls as he called them out; could have been any numbers. At least in Scotland as they pull the balls out of the pot they SHOW them to the TV cameras and then lay them in a tray on the table where everyone can see them.

This was NOT done by the English FA today!

You must decide for yourself if that was fair and above board or not.

Still we all saw on the TV that it was all done fair and square didn't we? We saw the 4 numbered balls tipped out of a bag and into a pot witha glass bottom so that we could all see the balls in there and a hand reaching in with no room to be able to see the balls he was picking up, so it MUST have been fair, OK? Maybe! and maybe NOT! What we did not see was the numbers on the balls as he called them out; could have been any numbers. At least in Scotland as they pull the balls out of the pot they SHOW them to the TV cameras and then lay them in a tray on the table where everyone can see them.

They didn't actually showed the numbers to the camera? Really not? That really, really shocks me. By the way, over here in Holland, Dutch Cup, the draw is always being made by a machine. 4 balls are putted in, someone presses a button and then a ball pops up (a system with wind in a bowl, don't know the technical details). The bowl is transparant, by the way. Such a decent and un-fixable system.

Why not make the draw with an automated machine like they do in the National Lottery? Theres no chance people would tolerate the National Lottery draw being made by human hand, so why should something as important as the FA Cup Semi finals be made so dubiously?

It was the draw which makes the most money for the FA in overseas TV sales & everything else financial so it was decreed that the Big 2 be kept apart. Farce.

oh well hot and cold balls, magnetic, heavy and light or different texture material balls......it's done now.

we await chelsea or spurs and whoever we get it's going to be tough but winnable, it's what the fa cup is about.

yeah watford would of been the best draw but there was no chance of that happening imo.

i would of thought we will play at Old Trafford and watford v man u/boro would be at villa park?

Why the bloody hell do I listen to this biased crap talksport, well H & J, at least. Ones a Spurs fan and ones a Chelsea fan.

"oh so we expect to get through to the final then"

"you wouldn't want a Blackburn and Watford final"

"Blackburn only have ten thousand fans don't they?"

What a load of crap, all I wanted was an unbiased sport show, were I could listen to the result of the draw. God I hope we get to the final, just to shut them up.

The same talksport who claimed Blackburn might as well not bother turning up v Arsenal

The same talksport who claimed blackburn wasn't a football town

The same talksport who celebrated Robbie Savage breaking his leg

The same talksport who said Rovers fans never phoned the show...I wonder why? Maybe it's because we have the decency not to line the pockets of their sensationalist deadleg radio station!

So we draw any club other than Watford and it's an FA conspiracy? Do me a favour!

We're potentially one game - a difficult game whichever of Chelsea or Spurs it is - away from Wembley. Let's dwell on that, rather than feeling ripped off because we've got to play a decent side. It's an FA Cup semi final, after all!

Still we all saw on the TV that it was all done fair and square didn't we? We saw the 4 numbered balls tipped out of a bag and into a pot witha glass bottom so that we could all see the balls in there and a hand reaching in with no room to be able to see the balls he was picking up, so it MUST have been fair, OK? Maybe! and maybe NOT! What we did NOT see was the numbers on the balls as he called them out; could have been any numbers. At least in Scotland as they pull the balls out of the pot they SHOW them to the TV cameras and then lay them in a tray on the table where everyone can see them.

Fife, you've hit the nail squarely on the head there - never even thought of that. They USED to do that in England as well for the FA Cup draw didn't they. <_<

Wonder how much pressure will be put on the refs to ensure it's a Man Ure v Chelsea/Spuds final as well?

So we draw any club other than Watford and it's an FA conspiracy? Do me a favour!

We're potentially one game - a difficult game whichever of Chelsea or Spurs it is - away from Wembley. Let's dwell on that, rather than feeling ripped off because we've got to play a decent side. It's an FA Cup semi final, after all!

I know its a semi and the odds of drawing a big club are short,but its every semi draw over the past few years were the "littler" clubs meet a "big club" and the big are kept seperate.

I cant wait!!!!!

hope they have it at OT or eastlands ,just so the southerners have to travel like any northern club needs to to for wemberley.

serousley hope its not cardiff,villa will be kool and it will keep the ticket prices real as well.

Wish they would hurry up ! do they not realise thousands of Rovers fans will have to think of an excuse why they cant go? lol

Why all the delay?? after the last time debacle their excuse response was that everything was already decided and in place and could not be changed so why the wait.

From memory everybody used to know beforehand anyway what two grounds where used and it was just a decision of which game played at which venue.

Don't know if its a good sign or not, but surely if it was at Cardiff it would already be known?

Archived