BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already a couple of murmourings on final ticketing and 1960. Can there really be in all honesty disgruntled fans who fail to get a wembley ticket? If 20,000 tickets are directly made available to BRFC, after the 13,000 (estimate) s/t holders (I will take it as nailed on that every s/t holder will definately get one ticket), this would leave the balance available for a ballot of non s/t holders who have a history of purchasing tickets in prior rounds (including semi final to encourage a decent support).

Rovers have bent over backwards for the floating non season ticket holders to encourage their support and given them every opportunity to committ to the club. They will have an equal ballot opportunity and if unsuccessful there will be other means from non BRFC to source a ticket.

Already a couple of murmourings on final ticketing and 1960.

That'll be because Chris Samba has been spotted inconspicuously selling Cup Final tickets next to the perfume counter in Debenhams.

How the hell can the game be played at the Emirates?!? That can't be true. Unless they're all geographically challenged muppets at the FA.

That'll be because Chris Samba has been spotted inconspicuously selling Cup Final tickets next to the perfume counter in Debenhams.

How the hell can the game be played at the Emirates?!? That can't be true. Unless they're all geographically challenged muppets at the FA.

Provincial club with modest support. Soft target aren't we? Would they do that to Manyoo with thier vociferous, politicised fans? I think not.

:rover: the venues have been decided see my above post,they cannot wait to see who wins the replays :brfc:

You have got to be joking. If there were a clearer case of bias then the Ref would be wearing an 'I Love London' tshirt.

:rover: Where ever they put us we will defeat the forces of evil (The FA)

Id be more ###### off with Emirates than i would with Cardiff.

Venues may well be confirmed at the end of this week - although i suspect dates and times of kick off wont be confirmed until the TV companies fight over it.

me too...logic says it should be as near as way as poss ..but if its london they can shove it...until tickets come out hahaahaha wouldnt miss it for the world,my little un is buzzin and hyped already .

Not good. I'd predict a following of around 10,000 - 12000.

But that was then, when we played a rather unattractive brand of survival football and got to the semis without facing premiership opposition combined with a ridiculously early kick off. If the organisers see sense and have the game at a decent kick off time then I predict a much larger attendance than 12,000.

I think I read somewhere that each team gets 13,745 tickets for Wembley, which out of 90,000 is a farce.

But I may be wrong.

So appx 27500 for the fans of the two teams and the remaining 62K for who exactly? Another slap in the face for the fans who pay up week after week for their teams. It's criminal, if those numbers are correct.

Hope you are right Tooting but bare in mind that the public of Blackburn and it's environs have an unerring capacity to surprise and shock with it's apathy.

They can also surprise and shock with huge numbers too when the mood fits.

So appx 27500 for the fans of the two teams and the remaining 62K for who exactly? Another slap in the face for the fans who pay up week after week for their teams. It's criminal, if those numbers are correct.

I find it hard to believe that the allocation in a larger stadium that cardiff would be around half of the allocation last season.....

Do you have any idea of how many corporate seats there are at the new Wembley (there have to be to pay for the thing). THOUSANDS

I am indeed Jan, but I am also aware of how many the FA family receive from the allocations (due to family members being part of it and applying for them!)

I'll guarantee that the teams qualifying get in the region of 50k between them - rather than 25k

Interesting that both Sky and the BBC have their semi-final as being on Sunday 15th April (although the BBC does say 15th March!)

Skysports listing

BBC listing

Obviously this could still be subject to change, especially as the BBC has tended to do far better in the ratings in it's Saturday tea time match than any on a Sunday.

This is all massive speculation based on some unfounded rumour that the venues have already been chosen

Let's face it the most likely semis are

Watford vs Man U

Rovers vs Chelsea

Not that the FA have any logic, but the most logical place is a midlands ground for both ties. The only one big enough ground is Villa but can the pitch and the West Midlands police tolerate 2 semi final games in a 2 days? Probably not. The next options the Man U game being at villa park and us at Old Trafford. But what's the point in having an overflowing Villa Park and a stadium only 2 thirds full at Old Trafford?

I still think Villa Park for us and Emirates on the Sunday for Watford and London Utd

Every club that participates in the FA Cup has an allocation to receive for the final, it has been agreed with ALL clubs that the clubs will now give the ticket allocation back to the FA with a vie to getting more of the clubs supporters to the final.

Corporatism has also been the subject of this type of scenario. Although the FA rely heavily on income from the suchlike, it is now deemed necessary for them NOT to have the excessive amounts of tickets that they have previously enjoyed, similarly with the clubs actually involved in the final. Players and Officials of the clubs now have a strict limit on the tickets they can apply for.

The simple message being that the tickets should be made available for the supporters. That is the FA's overriding "ambition" and message as was seen with the league Cup Final at Cardiff.

The final at Wembley should see, if all certificates are granted, a crowd of 90000, as that is the alleged capacity of a fully rebuilt stadium.

I just cannot see any potential ticket allocation for any of the finalists being more than 30-34k, even with all of the above criteria.

Archived