BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

However good Friedel was this season he has been pretty poor really a lot more mistakes creeping in, I'd have Robbo ahead of him these days.

Legend all the same though.

• 5 months later...

One of Rovers best ever keepers and a good all round fella....his memory will live long when he retires from English football.

I was always surprised how few supporters from other clubs rated him as anything other than average/slightly better than average.

Brad on a bad day was still better than most keepers at their best, IMHO. Some of his performances for us were nothing short of miraculous.

On top of that the chap seems to be a complete class act!

I was always surprised how few supporters from other clubs rated him as anything other than average/slightly better than average.

Brad on a bad day was still better than most keepers at their best, IMHO. Some of his performances for us were nothing short of miraculous.

I remember someone who said that, during Friedel's heyday, the ball would hit Friedel rather him making great saves. Ironically, he was a Villa fan, too! :lol:

I always wondered why Fergie never tried to sign him despite always rating him when they had dodgy keepers. His loss, our gain!

Fergie did try to sign him and he almost became a Utd player, I think it was after the World Cup in Japan. I used to know the guy who furnished Brad's house, he was a rabid red rat. I remember going into his shop in Manchester and he was cock a hoop over the news. Next time I saw him it had fallen through, nobody knew why. The rumour was Brad didn't fancy the intensity and number of games he would have had to play, he was thinking about a long career even then.

Anyway, best goalkeeper we've had in my time ( 1961 to now ). Robbo's not fit to lace his boots.

Archived