BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

Friedel is American and the American usage of pound for pound is a weight comparisson.

I notice you had to display your inadequacy by resorting to silly name calling and pathetic inane inuendo.

He could be chinese and he'd still be quite clearly talking about value for money. Why would he be comparing their weight?! Does that make Messi a worse buy than Fowler? Equally idiotic is your birmingham conspiracy. I don't post a lot but the whole line of your argument i find quite insulting. You have absolutely no evidence apart from the fact that he made a mistake for their first goal. Big deal. I know it is annoying he left but its not the end of the world and certainly no excuse to post libellous rubbish.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friedel is American and the American usage of pound for pound is a weight comparisson.

I notice you had to display your inadequacy by resorting to silly name calling and pathetic inane inuendo.

:lol::D

Gizza kiss...

I also didn't realise you has 'Cultural Context Expert' in your arsenary.

Which is why I think Hughes and Friedel need to be massively booed when they come back to Ewood. Not specifically for what they deserve, but because we need to show that we're not ok with players lying to our faces and then slipping out the back door, thinking we'll barely notice and continue on our marry way. We need to demand some commitment - or at the very least some honesty from these people, or else they'll set an example for others leaving the same way. Booing might not change players' mentality that much, but silence and doing nothing is worse.

Which is why I think Hughes and Friedel need to be massively booed when they come back to Ewood. Not specifically for what they deserve, but because we need to show that we're not ok with players lying to our faces and then slipping out the back door, thinking we'll barely notice and continue on our marry way. We need to demand some commitment - or at the very least some honesty from these people, or else they'll set an example for others leaving the same way. Booing might not change players' mentality that much, but silence and doing nothing is worse.

Let me guess ...... you sit on the blackburn end?

I am dissappointed with Friedel's comments, he's only just left, he shouldn't even be entertaining the idea that we'll be involved in a relegation battle. He definitely shouldn't be hinting at our other top players leaving to join him at Villa. If he had any respect for us he would keep quiet and let the management deal with transfers and transfer targets.

It just seems similiar to Hughes and Bentley, no doubt they were fantastic performers for us but why can't they just move on and focus on their new club without showing direspect for their old ones. Friedel certainly isn't doing us any favours with his comments.

Okay fair enough after reading the full article at least he laughed off the thoughts of us being involved in relegation. I guess he has to answer the questions that were asked of him. But he still shouldn't be mentioning anything regarding him being transferred or if he would be for sale or not. He also doesn't need to say it would be tough if the three of them left. (Himself, Bentley and Roque.) That's not for Brad to be talking about, you don't hear other players who were treated well by their club and had a fantastic career there chatting away about how their former team might struggle or what other players from their might be leaving.

When Robinson was asked about Tottenham who didn't exactly treat him as well as we treated Brad, he simply said he was a Blackburn player now and it wasn't right for him to talk about Tottenham.

Why couldn't Brad have been a bit more proffessional and said something like that?

Didnt O'Neill use these tactics when declaring an interest in other players before. I could swear Ive seen him do it.

Its sad and lame especially after his fit due to Liverpools interest in Barry.

It sickens me when the so-called "big" clubs who I consider not bigger than us start crying when United or another CL team want their players, but they go do the same to other teams in and around them!

For every fish in the market, there is a bigger fish ready to do them in!

Frankly,

What Brad said is irrelevant in relation to Sky interpreting it the way I did and clearly putting the Torres price on our Roque.

I agree that Brad should have done what Robinson did but I guess this is part of the down payment to Villa. Still cannot get those goals at St Andrews out of my head.

Frankly,

What Brad said is irrelevant in relation to Sky interpreting it the way I did and clearly putting the Torres price on our Roque.

I agree that Brad should have done what Robinson did but I guess this is part of the down payment to Villa. Still cannot get those goals at St Andrews out of my head.

What do you mean by ''should have done what Robinson did?''

Still cannot get those goals at St Andrews out of my head.

That's because they were so rare Phillip that it impacted on you. I suspect you'll become a bit more used to things like that now.

What do you mean by ''should have done what Robinson did?''

He prob means chucked one in the net every match! We're going to need to score 2 to win at the rate Robinson has started. :rolleyes:

People can say what they want about age and stuff but if Brag was English he would have been playing in Prague the other night.

He prob means chucked one in the net every match! We're going to need to score 2 to win at the rate Robinson has started. :rolleyes:

People can say what they want about age and stuff but if Brag was English he would have been playing in Prague the other night.

Wasn't it you who said "one swallow a summer does not make" after the Everton game.

Quite happy to criticise an Ince signing after one match though.

That's because Gordon is a negative chap who craves failure if it iproves his point andgiveshim the righ to say I told you so. Same for JAL, Jan, Bish1982 and a few others. They don't want to support Rovers, as they don't like Ince, Williams and/or the players and they're currently working for the club. They'd rather use any opportunity to put down Rovers staff members without offering any alternative suggestions who could do a better job.

I'm confident that by around December, Robinson will have recovered all his form and confidence, and will be a good signing. Friedel will do well for Villa, but will make more mistakes as his reflexes slow and so on.

I think that after his eight years of outstanding service to the club Friedel earned the right to his last big payday and I hold no grudge against him for that.

I also think that any suggestion anything was untoward in the Birmingham game is ludicrous.

I am however very disappointed by Brad's sly, yet rather obvious attempts to persuade RSC to come to Villa by bulling him up to the heavens, and insinuating that Villa feel the same way and would be interested in him if he were interested in them.

Bang out of order imo. If MON wants him, just come out and say so.

:angry:

Then we'll tell them to clear off.

When philip says Brad should have done what Robinson did I believe he is referring to what I said below,

"When Robinson was asked about Tottenham who didn't exactly treat him as well as we treated Brad, he simply said he was a Blackburn player now and it wasn't right for him to talk about Tottenham.

Why couldn't Brad have been a bit more proffessional and said something like that? "

Not his goalkeeping abilities!!

Archived