BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been talking to a mate that is a Bolton fan, He told me that there's a guy from there forum that's started comming on here to wind us up.

Like I said previously it's so obviously a WUM it's daft which is why I put him ignore, first time i've ever done it. I think if he wasn't posting opinions that a few agree with they would see it for the blatant wind up it is as well.

It takes all sorts of opinions to make a discussion board. We'd all do well to remember that, rather than calling for bannings or worse yet calling each other the D word.

It does indeed, it takes a multitude of people of all kinds of backgrounds, opinions etc etc etc. I am not aware that I have done either of the things you refer to and simply made a comparison that agreed with yours - albeit with a different subject matter.

As you say, I am entitled to my opinion, but in a similar way to what you find boring, I find the certain "Ince is to blame for everything always, and every and there can be no other option, regarldess of the application of any alternative kind of reasoning" postings of some people incessantly boring.

In the same way that I agree and disagree with the signings of players or staff, they work for the club I support. Therefore I will support them, or at least give them a fighting chance.

You might disagree, as is your right.

I've rumbled a Cletis! :D

"So I support Burnley" see above!

Very strange.

What are you doing to signal your "non acceptance" of what is happening?

I won't be back until Williams has gone, and I know many more who are of the same opinion.

How many season ticket(s) have you sold so far at t'Turf Jungle Jim?

I have no affiliation with Burnley F.C.

Just been talking to a mate that is a Bolton fan, He told me that there's a guy from there forum that's started comming on here to wind us up.

So I'm a Bolton fan, now? Yet again, totally wrong.

No. I said money was the primary reason if you read back to my initial post. I did say that "I had hoped that you would have seen some sense as to admit that money was at least a significant, if not the primary, motivator."

The fact is Brad saw the chance of one last pay day and took it. You can blame Williams and Ince all you want but as Brad himself says, all professional players would have done the same as him.

Professional - participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor

As I said, Villa have ambition, Rovers don't. Offering players more money is merely an expression of ambition.

Like I said previously it's so obviously a WUM it's daft which is why I put him ignore, first time i've ever done it. I think if he wasn't posting opinions that a few agree with they would see it for the blatant wind up it is as well.

Thanks for checking out my profile before you blocked me, sweetie-pie.

Do you stalk people you don't like on Facebook? :lol:

No the alternative is to live by your means & enjoy watching premiership football at a discounted rate for as long as it lasts, and if in that time we win the odd cup or get in a semi final or twothen make sure your there because believe me when & if we do go down we may not bounce back as quick. This may sound gloomy & unambitious but its realism.

There are 20 premier league clubs which on the whole are bigger than us with more fans paying more for their tickets.

We don't have Jack anymore & are not big enough to be bought by a billionaire, we have to do everything to stay in the league & anything else is a bonus.

As you quite rightly said Hughes, Brad & Bentley have gone on to clubs that they think will do better because they have more money but as last year shows that doesn't always work out as only Villa finished above us & ironically Brad had a little to do with that with the gaff at Birmingham on the last day.

Time to get realistic Jim.

So we shouldn't even attempt to progress? This saddens me, and you're right, it is gloomy and unambitious.

And don't worry, I was at the Semi-Finals, the Chelsea defeat being very disappointing. I just feel that with a few more million Mark Hughes would have delivered BIG TIME.

We now face an uncertain season, I really hope that Ince proves me wrong, but I have my (very strong) doubts. In fact I'm very concerned about our prospects. :unsure:

I won't be back until Williams has gone, and I know many more who are of the same opinion.

Why are you bothering posting on here then?

I don't know why anyone bothers replying to you, you're obviously on a complete wind up.

(Although you've just reeled me in I guess.)

Muppet, you won't be missed.

JW have done an excellent job for Rovers, no one can deny that although that silly boy vinjay have tried a few times.

So the alternative is to accept that we are a no-mark club with a drab future? Oh dear, no wonder Hughes, Friedel and Bentley left. No ambition, just a crumbling little club in the back-streets of East Lancs. Woohoo!

No the alternative is to live by your means & enjoy watching premiership football at a discounted rate for as long as it lasts, and if in that time we win the odd cup or get in a semi final or twothen make sure your there because believe me when & if we do go down we may not bounce back as quick. This may sound gloomy & unambitious but its realism.

There are 20 premier league clubs which on the whole are bigger than us with more fans paying more for their tickets.

We don't have Jack anymore & are not big enough to be bought by a billionaire, we have to do everything to stay in the league & anything else is a bonus.

As you quite rightly said Hughes, Brad & Bentley have gone on to clubs that they think will do better because they have more money but as last year shows that doesn't always work out as only Villa finished above us & ironically Brad had a little to do with that with the gaff at Birmingham on the last day.

Time to get realistic Jim.

Unfortunately, this is too true. Whatever way you spin it, our top 3 most important figures left us this summer - and they did so for rival clubs.

I believe there is only one way to progress - and that is, by a miracle of all miracles, to get 4th place and get into the Champions League. Get (and even more importantly - keep) the players to try and do the same next season, and go on from there. Not 5th, not 6th, but 4th. Obviously you can't put that expectation on any manager, but if we need to be setting one ultimate goal it should be this one.

Friedel didnt leave us due to a lack of ambition, a lack of financial incentive or a problematic relationship with anyone - he left because he felt it was time to go. An offer comes along at that stage in your career and you know you wont get many more offers in the future. You decide to take it or not. To turn the thread on the player we voted our best EVER between the posts into a bickering fest is not on.

So here's a question to get us back on track-

I seem to remember that Friedel started every game for us since midway through the 2004-2005 season. He had to go off against Wigan when Brown saved the penalty I know. But how many consecutive games did he start for us?

Wikipedia states the record for consecutive starts in the league is 208. I'm pretty sure Friedel's is higher than this.

Check out the records

So we shouldn't even attempt to progress? This saddens me, and you're right, it is gloomy and unambitious.

And don't worry, I was at the Semi-Finals, the Chelsea defeat being very disappointing. I just feel that with a few more million Mark Hughes would have delivered BIG TIME.

We now face an uncertain season, I really hope that Ince proves me wrong, but I have my (very strong) doubts. In fact I'm very concerned about our prospects. :unsure:

Goodness gracious, you don't half talk a load of shoite. "... a few more million" eh? You talk as if money is no object and, as a result, are totally missing the point - Rovers is a club that is run by people who understand the fiduciary duty placed upon those in control of a commercial enterprise. The simple fact is that we are able to compete at the higher end of the premiership spectrum consistently because of our management's prudence and commercial acumen - NOT as a result of the needless and shameful profligacy exhibited by those at other clubs.

If you understood business and loved football, you would understand that this is the reason that the Rovers is a club that is admired by many others and seen as a model of excellence by many others.

Not that I'd expect a Rover baiting Dingle from the great unwashed to understand..

Probably Zulu Nelsta, :rock: but he's been on here for a while and doesn't appear too bad for a trotter

I think Frisky Jim is a bolton fan - he hates rovers so he obviously isnt a fan.

As for Friedel - seen his interview - top marks to the bloke for coming out to speak about us and the fans. Top man, best of luck at Villa.

I think Frisky Jim is a bolton fan - he hates rovers so he obviously isnt a fan.

No - he has pretty serious, nigh on obsessive issues with one aspect of Rovers. Why would a fan of another team be so vociferously against our chairman?

As for Friedel - seen his interview - top marks to the bloke for coming out to speak about us and the fans. Top man, best of luck at Villa.

I know this is now the Frisky Jim post but i'd just like to repeat the sentiments expressed by Hughesy. I know many of us were bad mouthing him yesterday but I think we can appreciate this.

Brad Friedel says Paul Ince played no part in his decision to quit Blackburn

Thats a different thing entirely. I don't doubt a Bolton fan would post a lot to wind people up, but he certainly wouldn't continually decry the lack of funding and ambition that he perceives the club to show.

If he did, he would be the worst wind up merchant ever. And from the replies he's been getting, he's clearly not that.

Archived