BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

I believe there is only one way to progress - and that is, by a miracle of all miracles, to get 4th place and get into the Champions League. Get (and even more importantly - keep) the players to try and do the same next season, and go on from there. Not 5th, not 6th, but 4th. Obviously you can't put that expectation on any manager, but if we need to be setting one ultimate goal it should be this one.

Tah-dah! And another comes over to the other side of the lord...........Unfortunately, it looks like 8th to 10th on the same amount of points as 07-08 is about the best we'll do this year. But, I'm with you E.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waggy, is it true that Brad had money troubles in the USA and that he agreed his Villa rescue package before the performance at Brum that gave the bluenoses 4 goals from 3 attempts on target and one (the second) that he deflected into the net? Villa getting the UEFA berth as a result.

If it is not, you should metaphorically wash your mouth with soap and apologise.

I don't understand you people.

Brad Friedel, one of the biggest icons and legends Rovers has ever had, says how much he loves the club and is never leaving, and then a couple of months later jumps at the bigger contract at Villa. And you you're all fine with that.

What has happened to football and the mentality of supporters is beyond sickening IMO. It takes a lifetime to build a legacy but only a moment to ruin it.

I don't understand you people.

Brad Friedel, one of the biggest icons and legends Rovers has ever had, says how much he loves the club and is never leaving, and then a couple of months later jumps at the bigger contract at Villa. And you you're all fine with that.

What has happened to football and the mentality of supporters is beyond sickening IMO. It takes a lifetime to build a legacy but only a moment to ruin it.

I am in the same camp as you.

But if you can, watch the TV video of the Brum v Rovers goals and be utterly, utterly shocked as I was.

The clip in question has mysteriously disappeared from youtube.

Can you elaborate please Phillip if it has been removed? Are you referring to Friedel's reactions to what was going on in front of him?

No, the goals themselves- all four were deliberately let in by Friedel so far as I was concerned when I watched the clip again. Number 2 was going wide and Brad got his arm onto it to deflect it in.

I genuinely would like somebody who has far more knowledge of goal keeping than me to watch those goals and tell me I'm talking rubbish- it would put my mind at rest.

No, the goals themselves- all four were deliberately let in by Friedel so far as I was concerned when I watched the clip again. Number 2 was going wide and Brad got his arm onto it to deflect it in.

I genuinely would like somebody who has far more knowledge of goal keeping than me to watch those goals and tell me I'm talking rubbish- it would put my mind at rest.

I know nothing about goalkeeping but I'll happily tell you you're talking rubbish.

Archived