BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be appalled if anyone boo's Friedel tonight. 8 years top class service thats as rare as rocking horse pooh these days, I expect a round of applause for the big man, nothing less.

It can take a lifetime to build up respect, but only a moment to destroy it.

Indeed he did and he gave one back. Looks increasingly dodgy imo, although i don't think almost twisting his ankle helped.

He didnlt move a muscle for Bert's goal, even though it was to the side he was supposed to be covering! 2 good saves though from Andrews (though parried back to the penalty spot) and MGP

He's just been beaten by a 20 yard daisy cutter from Martins, bounced twice and was nowhere near the corner of the net. 12 months ago there's no way Friedel would have let that in.

Went down like a bag of spuds, didn't he!

Barton plays the ball in for the Nigerian, he turns smartly on the edge of the Villa area and arrows a shot into the bottom corner past a despairing Brad Friedel. The keeper might wonder if he could have done better there, actually.

Could do with the Newcastle and Spuds revivals to be more laborious than they are at the moment!

why is it too early? what would you think if we dropped in the bottom 3?

Let's try the stock flipside question....

If we were in the top 4, would you be expecting Champions League football?

Personally, I never look at the tables till after Xmas - still plenty time to turn things round. Rovers in Hughes' first seasons kicked on post Dec. Last season didn't we have our best start (or second best) in Prem, and we still managed to be in with a sniff despite some terribly inconsistent results/performances, and a walloping to the GD.

That said, it would be nice to get as many points on the board early doors as possible, but we've exactly the points total I thought we would have so far and we're still 'in transition' or, 'virginal', or 'naive' still.

Let's try the stock flipside question....

If we were in the top 4, would you be expecting Champions League football?

Personally, I never look at the tables till after Xmas - still plenty time to turn things round. Rovers in Hughes' first seasons kicked on post Dec. Last season didn't we have our best start (or second best) in Prem, and we still managed to be in with a sniff despite some terribly inconsistent results/performances, and a walloping to the GD.

That said, it would be nice to get as many points on the board early doors as possible, but we've exactly the points total I thought we would have so far and we're still 'in transition' or, 'virginal', or 'naive' still.

If we're were in the top 4 by xmas you'd have too say the squad was not good enough to play Champions League Football, If we're in the bottom 3 at xmas you have to look at the squad and say it lacks quality and we could easily be relegated, There is very little difference quality wise between bottom and 6th

Oh and Friedel has been dropped to the bench for villa tonight

• 4 months later...

Would be a shame if a the stupidity of a referee in red carding Freidel at Lpool for trying his best to get out of the way of the Lpool player is to end his proud record number of consecutive appearences! Surely the red card will be rescinded? :huh:

Would be a shame if a the stupidity of a referee in red carding Freidel at Lpool for trying his best to get out of the way of the Lpool player is to end his proud record number of consecutive appearences! Surely the red card will be rescinded? :huh:

never a red card card and never a penalty.

Archived