BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: thats what the guy did to us,he is no better than shearer/bentley/niell :brfcsmilie:

or Dougan/Pickering/England/Newton/Ferguson/Byrom/Rogers/Barker/Field/Bradford/ Bradshaw/Carr/Jones/Gennoe/Arnold/Hendry/Le Saux/Sherwood/Berg/May/Batty/Sutton/Bellamy/Duff/Dunn etc etc etc. This is profesional football and we are only BRFC waggy.

Given your age and the amount of times that you must have been let down / disappointed in this manner etc I'm suprised that you still manage to get yourself into a tizz about it. It's ALL about money with the possible exception of Le Tiss....... and he should have left Soton when he was 25.

or Dougan/Pickering/England/Newton/Ferguson/Byrom/Rogers/Barker/Field/Bradford/ Bradshaw/Carr/Jones/Gennoe/Arnold/Hendry/Le Saux/Sherwood/Berg/May/Batty/Sutton/Bellamy/Duff/Dunn etc etc etc. This is profesional football and we are only BRFC waggy.

Given your age and the amount of times that you must have been let down / disappointed in this manner etc I'm suprised that you still manage to get yourself into a tizz about it. It's ALL about money with the possible exception of Le Tiss....... and he should have left Soton when he was 25.

Big difference now though post Jack walker gordon, we may get the odd player wanting to leave from time to time that we can't do that much about, but we don't HAVE to sell because we need the money, as we did in the past.

As for Friedel throwing the ball in the net against Brum, I'm not having that for a second. He moved for the money, but I don't think you can level anything more sinister at him than that.

Big difference now though post Jack walker gordon, we may get the odd player wanting to leave from time to time that we can't do that much about, but we don't HAVE to sell because we need the money, as we did in the past.

As for Friedel throwing the ball in the net against Brum, I'm not having that for a second. He moved for the money, but I don't think you can level anything more sinister at him than that.

Have you watched the goals again Rev?

Have you watched the goals again Rev?

No, (I will gladly do so if there's still a link anywhere) but I didn't think anything was untoward at the time.

Mind you, the first goal was probably worse than the Hans Segers incident that prompted so much controversy years ago.

No, (I will gladly do so if there's still a link anywhere) but I didn't think anything was untoward at the time.

Mind you, the first goal was probably worse than the Hans Segers incident that prompted so much controversy years ago.

Nobody was a bigger fan of Brad than me.

At the time I watched the Brum game in a state of abject misery as we casually tossed 6th place away with an awful performance all round.

But when I could bring myself to watch the goal highlights weeks after the game and after Brad had gone to Villa, my jaw dropped at what I was seeing. The impact of seeing each of the goals one after another was like being slapped around the facewith a wet haddock to use a Lancashire expression.

At the time I watched the Brum game in a state of abject misery as we casually tossed 6th place away with an awful performance all round.

But when I could bring myself to watch the goal highlights weeks after the game and after Brad had gone to Villa, my jaw dropped at what I was seeing. The impact of seeing each of the goals one after another was like being slapped around the facewith a wet haddock to use a Lancashire expression.

I missed that goal by just about 2 minutes and as I entered the Woodlands I was told seperately by 3 people that Brad had just thrown the ball into the net!

So gunner you'd better write to The Premier League, The Fa, UEFa and Uncles Sepp blatter and all. I'm sure they will listen to the fella that contributes most of the GDP of the Eastern Med.

Seriously it would have been dodgy enough anyway but the fact that just after apparently losing a shed load of dosh on some USA investment BF ended up at American owned Aston Villa, the very club that had jsut nicked a final UEFA cup place from BRFC.

It must be kosher cos who could make all that up?

Well the first one's unbelievable for Friedel, he could have the benefit of the doubt for the others

Judge for yourself.

I don't think Brad would have done that chaps. Granted, he could have been talking to Villa before that game but I just can't see that being the case due to his sheer professionalism. Even though it was probably his worst performance in a Rovers shirt.

On a side note, can we change the title of this thread to 'Friedel deal for money, not love' which clearly was the case.

Good points- do you have pen and ink?

You got their first ahead of the rest of us so you should have the honour of writing.

PS I'm on trial at Motherwell

Yes I would do but I'm not sat in the eastern Med and responsible for generating 70 odd million pa like some modern day equivalent of King Midas. Money talks Gunner.

Yes I would do but I'm not sat in the eastern Med and responsible for generating 70 odd million pa like some modern day equivalent of King Midas. Money talks Gunner.

In that case you are the man on the spot. I delegate the writing to you.

PS I'm on trial at Motherwell

Brad had a bad day no denying that but how often did we say that about him. All goalkeepers make mistakes and when they do they are usually costly. You only have to watch some of Robinson's performances for Spurs to know that. The great thing about Brad was that he made fewer mistakes than most. He remains the greatest goalkeeper in the club's history and that reputation remains unblemished despite what one or two might think on here.

Thats precisely the point isn't it?

But name one goalkeeper who hasn't had a bad day? They all do. Plus, some of our defending at Birmingham was pretty dire - could all the defence have been after a move? Every time that Santa Cruz misses a goal is that an indication that he wants to leave?

Suddenly, whenever someone leaves the Rovers it seems they become public enemy number one. Personally, I'm more concerned about the performances of Robinson now.

Well the first one's unbelievable for Friedel, he could have the benefit of the doubt for the others

Judge for yourself.

The first one is a totally inexplicable error, I'll grant that it could be construed as though he was deliberately letting it in.

Goals 2, 3, and 4 he could do nothing whatsoever about either way imo.

I still think that's stretching conspiracy theories to the limit.

Judge for yourself.

The Man Utd game was 'Frieda's' swansong.

The only evidence I can adduce from this video, is of an ageing keeper on the slide.

I'd wager that the Villa fans are more likely to see the Friedel versus Big Club rather than the Friedel we witnessed versus Man U. i.e. just falling over between the sticks as the ball bobbles into the net, a la David Seaman at Man Ci'eh...

Hmmm perhaps rats would get even smellier if we compared his performance with the unbelievable one v Man Utd the week before.

Gosh, it must be exciting working things out for yourself weeks after the event..

PS Learning my trade at Motherwell

Archived