BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even when we sign a replacement he would be a damned good understudy for another year or two.

btw....

"Friedel, who has been at Ewood Park since 2000, insisted the extra year was for love, not money.

Friedel wants to finish his career at Ewood following globetrotting spells with Brondby in Denmark, Galatasaray in Turkey, and Liverpool.

The former United States goalkeeper has a soccer school in his home state Ohio, but said: "I love this club. My agent is Paul Stretford, but I did the deal myself. I had a nice chat over a cup of coffee with chairman John Williams. There was no need to go in and have a big battle."

Now just what sort of a Chief Scout to ensure a constant supply of North American talent he could turn into eh? :tu: Find the best talent, get em over to Brockhall, bring em on .... and then sell em! Good business.

Even when we sign a replacement he would be a damned good understudy for another year or two.

btw....

"Friedel, who has been at Ewood Park since 2000, insisted the extra year was for love, not money.

Friedel wants to finish his career at Ewood following globetrotting spells with Brondby in Denmark, Galatasaray in Turkey, and Liverpool.

The former United States goalkeeper has a soccer school in his home state Ohio, but said: "I love this club. My agent is Paul Stretford, but I did the deal myself. I had a nice chat over a cup of coffee with chairman John Williams. There was no need to go in and have a big battle."

Now just what sort of a Chief Scout to ensure a constant supply of North American talent he could turn into eh? :tu: Find the best talent, get em over to Brockhall, bring em on .... and then sell em! Good business.

Ill be that scout i mean i live there and i can do it!! Oh mememememe!!!!! I can i can!!! :D

Good stuff brad. We missed you this last world cup but im glad your still glad your here till the end.

I'll put my tin hat on now <_<

I remember starting a thread whilst Flitty was still with us about him deserving a testimonial and getting flamed about it (by many of the same people having a go at Bellamy and Neill for a lack of loyalty)

But surely, surely, at the end of his time with us Brad will deserve one - perhaps a charity one?

To date, Brad has played in 302 matches for Rovers - 244 league, 27 FA Cup, 17 league cup and 14 UEFA Cup matches. (figs from official site - so blame Lee if they are wrong!) By my reckoning, he's missed just 12 games since joining the club.

With 7 (or 8) matches left this season, and an average of 46 games a season (believe it or not, that's what we've done since getting back to the Premiership!) Brad could end up with over 400 appearances!

Incidentally, anyone know how many players have reached that landmark?

To date, Brad has played in 302 matches for Rovers - 244 league, 27 FA Cup, 17 league cup and 14 UEFA Cup matches. (figs from official site - so blame Lee if they are wrong!) By my reckoning, he's missed just 12 games since joining the club.

With 7 (or 8) matches left this season, and an average of 46 games a season (believe it or not, that's what we've done since getting back to the Premiership!) Brad could end up with over 400 appearances!

Incidentally, anyone know how many players have reached that landmark?

Fazackerley 596

Ronnie Clayton 581

Crompton 529

Garner 484

Douglas 438

Eckersley 406

Metcalf 387

There should be a Rovers Hall of Fame, and Brad should be the inaugural entrant.

Legend isn't a strong enough word. I don't think a strong enough word exists.

We are very lucky to have two players on the books who are true rovers heroes in Tugay and Freidal. And we could have two more in Derbyshire and Nelsen who both look likely to be here for the long haul.

Archived