BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.........I felt as let down as anyone when Brad decided to take the Yankee coin but ..................to accuse him of being corrupt beggars belief.

After his fantastic service to the club, he deserves better.

:rover: the same person that told me that bentarse had a 50% clause in his contract also told me that on radio lancs freidal said he was aware off villas intrest in JANUARY :brfc:

Don't think it's been admitted what clause, if any, Bentley had in his contract Waggy.

The first one is a totally inexplicable error, I'll grant that it could be construed as though he was deliberately letting it in.

Goals 2, 3, and 4 he could do nothing whatsoever about either way imo.

I still think that's stretching conspiracy theories to the limit.

agree with that rev. i don't believe for a second he would do something like that.

its nothing short of libelous what's being written on here. people HAVE been prosecuted for less, so I suggest the detractors are careful about what they say.

:rover: bentarse

are we in the school playground??

agree with that rev. i don't believe for a second he would do something like that.

its nothing short of libelous what's being written on here. people HAVE been prosecuted for less, so I suggest the detractors are careful about what they say.

I have thought about that and have simply stated facts which when related to each other raised questions I absolutely hated to think about.

This is the same keeper who single-handedly came within 270 seconds of denying the Mancs their title.

Something doesn't make sense.

Waggy, he's gone, he aint a Rover no more!

:rover: I say this now before the season starts,when bradley the bear comes out towards the BLACKBURN END we should all turn our backs on him :brfc:

dave i started a little thread off my own,but it got merged with this :wub:

Friedel inviting his new employers to bid for Santa Cruz.

SOCCER Villa Nightlead

BRAD ALL OVER ROQUE

Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel rates Roque Santa Cruz as one of the top three Premier League buys of last season.

But he believes it may be asking too much of Blackburn to allow the Paraguay striker to become the latest big-name player to leave Ewood Park.

Santa Cruz has been linked with a move to Villa where Martin O'Neill is reported to be preparing a bid in the region of £16million for the 27-year-old who scored 23 goals for Blackburn last season after signing from Bayern Munich for £3.8million.

But Santa Cruz was also the subject of a bid from former Rovers manager Mark Hughes who has been trying to sign him for a second time and take him to Manchester City.

Blackburn rejected that approach with new manager Paul Ince determined to hold on to the forward after seeing Friedel leave for Villa and David Bentley sign for Tottenham.

Friedel refused to comment on any interest Villa may have in Santa Cruz, but admitted he can see why there is so much talk about him.

``As far as transfer speculation is concerned I know nothing about whether he is going to go or stay,'' said Friedel.

``As far as him as a person, he is a great professional, a tremendous player and, for me, last season he was probably one of the top three buys in the Premier League.

``He's up there with Fernando Torres pound for pound.

``He is just the whole package, good in the air, he can hold the ball, it was a great return for what Blackburn paid.

``But when it comes to transfer money, I don't even know if he is saleable what with myself and Bentley already gone, you'd have to call John Williams (Blackburn chairman) and ask him that.

``It would be tough if three of us were to leave in one summer.

``He's a hard worker and came into the Premier League with people thinking he'd had a lot of injuries and might not play that much.

``But I think he missed two training seasons all year and worked his socks off.

``I can't believe people passed up on him last year, maybe they were thrown off by his injuries. I can't say enough good things about Roque Santa Cruz. He's a lovely fellow and a great guy.''

But Friedel insisted no-one should write off Blackburn, particularly after their opening-day win at Everton, and laughed off suggestions they would be relegated this season were wide of the mark.

``That's ridiculous in my opinion,'' said Friedel.

``I do not see them having a problem with relegation.''

As I posted in the other topic, I hate him now. Friedel talked as if he were one of us. As if he loved the club. I don't expect players to. I don't expect them to stay here their entire careers. Friedel went out of his way to talk like that, to make it clear that he never wanted to leave, then he turned his back on that. Give me 1000 Neills before I have another Friedel. Modern day footballers are far better than old-fashioned traitors.

As I posted in the other topic, I hate him now. Friedel talked as if he were one of us. As if he loved the club. I don't expect players to. I don't expect them to stay here their entire careers. Friedel went out of his way to talk like that, to make it clear that he never wanted to leave, then he turned his back on that. Give me 1000 Neills before I have another Friedel. Modern day footballers are far better than old-fashioned traitors.
This is silly he was bigging you up at the end if anything,How can you hate the man he has been one of your best players for years.Traitor is a harsh word for a man like brad.

We thought Brad was one of our own. Always saying how much he loved the club.

Hard enough to take him leaving the way he did - seemingly for the money - without encouraging another club to buy our best players to what would be a sideways move. I don't mind Villa fans being on the board to discuss football but I'm not happy about any references to our players going there.

Actually Friedel has done us all kinds of favours in that interview.

Roque is up there with Torres- how much did Torres cost?

Had the old pipe out again Doris?...

He said up there with Torres as pound for pound best buy of last season.

At no point did he compare them professionally.

2501722155-soccer-johnstone-s-paint-trophy-southern-section-second-round-milton.jpg

''Guvnor, Friedel is sat at two o'clock.''

Had the old pipe out again Doris?...

He said up there with Torres as pound for pound best buy of last season.

Friedel is American and the American usage of pound for pound is a weight comparisson.

I notice you had to display your inadequacy by resorting to silly name calling and pathetic inane inuendo.

This is silly he was bigging you up at the end if anything,How can you hate the man he has been one of your best players for years.Traitor is a harsh word for a man like brad.

Bigging us up? Oh, thanks Brad, we won't be relegated. Three top 10 finishes in a row and we won't have to worry about the bottom 3...

Everyone seems to forget that we saved this mans career. He went from Liverpool reserve to one of the world's best goalkeepers in 02/03/04. He's not come out and thanked the club, at least not as far as I am aware, he left with very little class to be honest.

I don't really care that he left, he needed to be replaced, it was the more the manner in which he did it.

Like Hughes, I had huge respect for him when he was here, but they let themselves in how they left. No respect for him anymore. No point saying a "man like Brad". It's easy to be a nice guy in the simple times. It's when it comes to the crunch that you judge someone. Hughes jumped ship for nothing. Brad took the cash and never turned back.

Hard enough to take him leaving the way he did - seemingly for the money -

There is (informed) speculation that he lost a shed load on the US property market. If this is so he only has a couple of years in football to claw some back so his need for Lerners double your money offer might be more down to necessity rather than greed.

btw

Eddie dont be such a cry baby.

'Silly toe' :rolleyes: don't be so pedantic.

Lar de Dar Gunner Graham don't be so spiteful.

Sky Sports carry Friedel's words

Friedel - Roque as good as Torres

Villa shot-stopper hails former Rovers team-mate

Last updated: 21st August 2008

Aston Villa keeper Brad Friedel believes his former Blackburn team-mate Roque Santa Cruz is as good as Fernando Torres.

Liverpool splashed out around £26.5 million for Torres from Atletico Madrid and he is regarded as one of the Premier League's finest following his return of 24 league goals in his debut season.

Santa Cruz was snapped up for a fraction of Torres' fee, but Friedel believes the Paraguayan ace is just as good as the Spaniard after he helped himself to 19 league strikes last term.

Friedel left Blackburn for Villa this summer and while Santa Cruz has been linked with a move away from Ewood Park, the American shot-stopper doubts whether Rovers would part with another of their prized assets.

Sky Sports carry Friedel's words

Friedel - Roque as good as Torres

Villa shot-stopper hails former Rovers team-mate

Last updated: 21st August 2008

Aston Villa keeper Brad Friedel believes his former Blackburn team-mate Roque Santa Cruz is as good as Fernando Torres.

Liverpool splashed out around £26.5 million for Torres from Atletico Madrid and he is regarded as one of the Premier League's finest following his return of 24 league goals in his debut season.

Santa Cruz was snapped up for a fraction of Torres' fee, but Friedel believes the Paraguayan ace is just as good as the Spaniard after he helped himself to 19 league strikes last term.

Friedel left Blackburn for Villa this summer and while Santa Cruz has been linked with a move away from Ewood Park, the American shot-stopper doubts whether Rovers would part with another of their prized assets.

Like he said as good as Torres.. so worth just as much and blackburn would not be willing to part.. played Brad, I am sure his heart is still with us even if he has had to sell his soul to keep his future safe.

Archived