BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel Deal For Love, Not Money

The day after Hughes left, Friedel handed in a transfer request. The club hadn't even drawn up a shortlist of managerial replacements, so all this talk of Brad leaving because Ince was taking over is very very wide of the mark.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad he's gone some way to address the bad impression his Sky interview gave.

As for Tugay "Paxman" England, I've never seen so much egg on one face before!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

(Please don't use that word again) sakes Brad........

Still, there's no smoke without fire. Right? :P

I still think he'd still be here if Sparky was here - he would never have even entertained Villa's interest. Why Ince did is anyone's guess. I have my OPINION.

Absolutely right it is. I'm glad you finally got there. I'm not claiming it as unequivocal fact - purely that I believe it is the case - followed by several points that lead me to believe I may be right. Points that still remain unanswered.

You didn't say that before and you put it forward as fact. I fail to see the points that remain unanswered, your points turned out to be based on your own speculation and assumptions. You are making yourself look foolish.

I am assuming you are ignoring Brads comments then? In that case, are you taking your belief, based on your own assumptions and speculation, over Friedels comments? That would mean you are calling Brad a liar and you are believing you are right in spite of everything Brad said.

You didn't say that before and you put it forward as fact. I fail to see the points that remain unanswered, your points turned out to be based on your own speculation and assumptions. You are making yourself look foolish.

I think the constant use of "I believe" pretty much covered that I was stating what I believe.

I am assuming you are ignoring Brads comments then? In that case, are you taking your belief, based on your own assumptions and speculation, over Friedels comments? That would mean you are calling Brad a liar and you are believing you are right in spite of everything Brad said.

Yep. Bloody Friedel. No wonder Ince wanted him out!

The day after Hughes left, Friedel handed in a transfer request. The club hadn't even drawn up a shortlist of managerial replacements, so all this talk of Brad leaving because Ince was taking over is very very wide of the mark.

I'm surprised you're telling us that Lee. Nothing coming out of the club at all, which leads me to suspect that there's a siege mentality going on at the moment. Absolutely nothing from JW or Paul Ince, which isn't the usual rovers way of doing things, especially at a time when the club needs to be selling ST's.

Summat's up! :)

You still haven't explained this comment properly.

I don't intend to. Flippancy isn't served by explanation.

Hmmmm.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3709839,00.html

So Brad has been known to tow the company line in the past, despite not really meaning what he says........

I don't intend to. Flippancy isn't served by explanation.

Right, so there was nothing intended by that comment then? So everything we've talked about since (which started with that comment) doesn't mean anything at all?

You have made yourself look rather silly in your continued argument that Ince was the reason Brad left especially since Brad has come out and said that he wasn't.

Stick to your opinion, you are welcome to it.

Hmmmm.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3709839,00.html

So Brad has been known to tow the company line in the past, despite not really meaning what he says........

What? What is there in this interview that says Brad is 'towing the company line'?

What? What is there in this interview that says Brad is 'towing the company line'?

"I only know Sam Allardyce and Steve McClaren though playing against them and seeing them out the odd time, but both seem like good guys too - I am not sure who the candidates are, I spoke with John Williams [blackburn chairman] and he assured me they are going to make the appointment quite soon."

This from someone who has already put in a transfer request? Why would he say that? Unless he actually hadn't put in a transfer request at all!

"I only know Sam Allardyce and Steve McClaren though playing against them and seeing them out the odd time, but both seem like good guys too - I am not sure who the candidates are, I spoke with John Williams [blackburn chairman] and he assured me they are going to make the appointment quite soon."

This from someone who has already put in a transfer request? Why would he say that? Unless he actually hadn't put in a transfer request at all!

Lol, that's funny. There is some logic in there somewhere but I don't know where. Why shouldn't he say that? He might have had many conversations with the chairman since putting in a transfer request and been told they were looking to make the managerial appointment quite soon. If he had made that transfer request, then it would make sense that the man who would ultimately make the decision would be the new manager. Ince would have had the final say. Ince made it plain that he wanted Friedel to stay and wasn't looking to replace him so maybe that conversation was also ongoing. In the end, it fits that Friedel asked for the transfer, Ince was appointed and tried to get him to stay but, since that wasn't happening, Friedel eventually left. Makes more sense than the tripe you're trying to feed us...

Lol, that's funny. There is some logic in there somewhere but I don't know where.

So he's put a transfer request in, yet he says in public that he's been assured by the chairman the new manager will be in place soon. And you think it's perfectly normal for someone who wants to leave the club to come out and make such a statement? Bearing in mind not many other players said anything at the time, and no one was forced to?

If you don't think that's slightly strange then there's not much point carrying on talking to you!

So he's put a transfer request in, yet he says in public that he's been assured by the chairman the new manager will be in place soon. And you think it's perfectly normal for someone who wants to leave the club to come out and make such a statement? Bearing in mind not many other players said anything at the time, and no one was forced to?

If you don't think that's slightly strange then there's not much point carrying on talking to you!

'yet in public he says...' Hmm, why shouldn't he say that? He was obviously asked to do the interview, I'm sure a few players were, and gave his opinion on the situation. There was a lot of speculation at the time as to who would be the new manager so why shouldn't a player get asked about it. Have you thought that the person asking the questions might have had a clue Brad had put a transfer request in but that hadn't been made public yet?

You can read as much as you like into the situation but each time you try to twist it to look like it's supporting your point of view your argument is getting weaker and weaker.

Strange that Lee , wasn't Friedal the first to start with the praising of Ince?

So looks like his head had already been turned by 'rumours' he mentioned in the Radio Lancs interview as I posted previously

It is clear that Friedel left due to a lack of ambition at Blackburn Rovers. Williams is to blame for that.

Still, at least we have a new club shop, eh. <_<

It is clear that Friedel left due to a lack of ambition at Blackburn Rovers. Williams is to blame for that.

Still, at least we have a new club shop, eh. <_<

Not even worth arguing. This makes the point that some people have a one trick pony argument if all they say is the same thing over and over again. Spout the same negative opinion over and over and people just switch off.

Erm, why?

Because you're just as stubborn in your own viewpoint.

Friedel thinks he is better off at Villa, because they have ambition. He even stated that he thinks Randy Lerner is a fantastic owner who will lead Villa to success. He thinks that Villa are superior to Rovers, and who can blame him? Bentley thinks that Spurs are superior, and Hughes thinks that City are superior. If they thought otherwise, they would have stayed at the club.

We are going nowhere under Williams, and we need to make a change.

Archived