BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roeder Sacked

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton fans I know are adament that Sam is going to Manchester City. They are also of the opinion that Sam's heart hasn't been in it since he didn't get the England job.

As for Roder never trusted him - looks too much like a rat!!!

They better leave Hughes alone.

What about Shearer??? Will he not go back and be manager?

Where is your link? I think you're mistaken. I don't see it on skysports, and Freddie Shepherd was quoted today saying they would wait til the season was over before they started saying things (About the managerial post). That would be rather stupid of him if he was planning to sack him the same day.

Newcastle sack Roeder

Freddy is stupid, you should have realised that by now.

Bizarre...still not on skysports, at least half an hour after the event (the link there says it took part at 19:36, so I'm assuming that's somewhere an hour ahead and it was actually at 18:36). My google search didn't find it. And yeh, that's some pretty prodigious stupidity. Not as stupid as hiring him in the first place was, of course.

Like that witty tombstone message read: "I expected this, just not so soon."

This could be extremely bad news for us. Surely Allardyce and Sparky are the two obvious stand out candidates? :(

I would think they'll go for Fat Sam. Given he's been able to give almost regular European football to a club like Bolton, and given that he's out of contract. Hughes is obviously a lot more settled than Sam was. I just hope the fat frog faced get doesn't make a good team of them, or we might be talking about a top FIVE as being unbreakable, and start scrapping for one European place between us and all the other contenders.

SSN say Glenn Roeder has gone for an emergency board meeting.

Would Hughes be stupid enough to go to the toon after seeing the last two managers and their fate

I don't really believe in curses, but if they exist, that club is cursed to underachieve and have misfortune. Plus the expectation for success is too great. On the other hand, I suppose Hughes would know that if he could pull it off he's assured of being the next Manure manager.

Personally I cannot see Hughes going to any team other than Manchester United.

I think the decision to sack Roeder is fairly harsh especially with the amount of injuries which has team have had this season. From speaking with a few Newcastle fans yesterday I got the impression that they were of the same opinion.

Not just on the Eurosport website either... currently running as a headline across the bottom of the screen on Eurosport 2 channel.

Now official "Breaking News" story on SSN. Roeder been called to Emergency Board Meeting. Dont rate his chances of being in charge for their next game. Big Sam in??? Steve Bruce?

Not just on the Eurosport website either... currently running as a headline across the bottom of the screen on Eurosport 2 channel.

Strange that nowhere else seems to have picked it up, especially considering it's an English story. Also, the Eurosport one doesn't have any more details still. Perhaps it's not really official yet, but they've had a leak that he will be sacked today, and they trust it.

Edit- Just read on Sky Sports about the emergency board meeting. Still, doesn't say sacked though.

Deep down though, would Hughes need to move to another club (so-called bigger club) to put himself in pole position for the Man Utd job.

I think he would thrive on the Newcastle job, he said himself recenly no job would ever faze him.

Not advocating him for the job or anything! I just think if anyone has followed us closely (which no one seems to do unless a BRFC supporter) they would realise what a top manager he is.

Magpies seem to go through managers and money like I go through socks, but unlike my socks they never seem to get it right. Shearer as manager I think will be another disaster in the making. Can Sven play the Prem game? BFS methinks. To keep Hughes out of the picture someone needs to let Freddy know that Hughes learned all he knows from SOuness.

Bolton have said they would seek compensation if Allardyce shows up anywhere before his old contract with them nominally expires.

I remember Mark Hughes saying he immediately let it be known he was interested as soon as Souness had gone from Ewood because he admired the way the club was run. Somehow I doubt he feels the same way about the Fat Freddie Freak Show that is Newcastle United.

Is that the last two Newcastle managers Rovers have seen off by winning at St James' Park? Wonder if we can make it a hattrick next season.

Incidentally, I see that Damien Duff sits at 59th on the list of British sportsmen on the Sunday Times Rich List with £12m. Obviously he got a nice little earner in return for only being transferred for £5m.

Archived