BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

Yep , let's hope Rovers never provide an international player again ...... :rolleyes:

Was I saying that? No. As usual you are inaccurate and pathetic in your response to a post. I was stating that i would rather not have a jaded and/or injured Matt Derbyshire this upcoming season, and not that I hope he never plays for England. Just in case you haven't noticed it is the Under 21 championship and not the full monty. Therefore your comment is rendered obsolete.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England 2 - 0 up against Italy, goals from Nugent and Lita (who contrived to miss two open goals before Nugent broke the deadlock).

Impressive stuff from England U21s.

England 2 - 0 up against Italy, goals from Nugent and Lita (who contrived to miss two open goals before Nugent broke the deadlock).

Impressive stuff from England U21s.

impressive stuff until Chiellini scored Italy's first goal, after that England bottled it.. Pearce is an idiot. end of.

No Derbyshire but surely he will get a chance against Serbia ...........................

Stuart Pearce isn't the answer, a dinosaur in approach. Great player, inept manager.

Italy finished strongly but the result might be ok if Serbia don't make it three wins out of three.

In the wake of Bentleygate Derbyshire seemingly has no chance of seeing any action.

Caught some of the second half tonight in which England were completely ouplayed and Reo Coker appeared to be playing despite not being fully fit.

Shame Matt won't get a chance, or probably in the last 3 minutes of the last match when they're 1-0 down...and Pearce has a reason to blame Rovers.

On another note - us Dutchies doing very well, already qualified for the semi's! Well done boys!

I have one (technically two I guess) burning question(s). Who the hell is Peter Whittingham and why the hell did he come on for Nugent but Derbs didn't? Fairly sure he didn't score so many Prem goals this year.

I have one (technically two I guess) burning question(s). Who the hell is Peter Whittingham and why the hell did he come on for Nugent but Derbs didn't? Fairly sure he didn't score so many Prem goals this year.

Thats Stuart Pearce for you, no wonder City only scored 10 league goals at home.

stuff ii ,if he doesnt play matt..hes resting for us...

footy is so tiring for these lads ,im glad i dont play in the pros ,id rather work 50 hours a week ,train at the gym after a shift and get me two weeks off in july....note to mr pearce :P

Stuart Pearce isn't the answer, a dinosaur in approach. Great player, inept manager.

I think that sums things up perfectly. I will never question the guys passion but he cant manage for toffee (queue the Everton jokes)

Its a joke! England had a 20 minute good period where they could have been 4 up, but thanks to the inept finishing of the new Heskey (Lita), they werent. Christ knows what Pearce said at half time but they capitulated in the 2nd half and were completely outplayed. Is was bordering embarrassment!

Italy made substitutions that changed the game, and helped pile the pressure on England. What does Pearce do? Stand on the sidelines with hand over his lips looking gaumless, not doing anything about it! Then he lets them equalise, thanks to more backing off in midfield and defence, then he brings PETER WHITTINGHAM on for Nugent with 7 seconds of normal time left?!!

Who on earth decided Reo-Coker was a decent player?!! He hardly had a touch last night, and was outclassed. Even the West Ham fans were sending him death threats last year... so why is he worth £8m?!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if Pearce it taking out his frustration with Rovers/Hughsie/Bentley by not picking fellow Rovers player Derbs.

It doesn't matter really, I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances in the future when the England set up is less of a joke.

Just as a comparision: Of the strikers in the squad, can any stattos do a goals per game ratio from last season? I'm sure Derbs must be up there (or higher) than the others.

I think it summed Pearce up more when he replaced the useless Lita with James Vaughan who had NEVER played for the U21s before yet he had Derbs there who had played and scored.

As far as the stats go if you count games played from last season there isn't much between Lita, Derbs & Vaughan in goals per start. (Nugent is a fair bit behind having started most games). If you count games started then Derbs is by far the best having come on a sub more than he started.

Pearce is a tactical genius - who else would have thought to bring KIERAN RICHARDSON ON WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT?!!!

I bet Derbs is wishing he was on his hols with Bentley

You lot are all so short-sighted. Can you not see what Pearce is doing???

It's obvious he's showing the FA he is the right man for the England job after Stevie Mac gets the sack, how else could you explain those substitutions:blink:

It's pure Genius on old Stu's part................

Stuart Pearce has brought the England U21 team to the cusp of qualifying for the semis of the tournament. Compare that to David Platt's achievement and even Peter Taylor. Pearce might not be a great manager but to my mind he's doing a solid job and has the team playing well enough. We've drawn twice with Italy in quick succession. We have actually matched a country that has long been considered to produce players of superior technique to England and has won U21s tournaments MUCH more often. (And World Cups).

Stop being so bitter and judge Pearce fairly. Let's see how we play against Serbia and how far we go in this tournament.

As usual you are inaccurate and pathetic in your response to a post. I was stating that i would rather not have a jaded and/or injured Matt Derbyshire this upcoming season, and not that I hope he never plays for England. Just in case you haven't noticed it is the Under 21 championship and not the full monty.

Ah....I get it now !

You've no problem with the England "full monty" first team.........only with the under 21's .

I take it that that sentiment also applies to the post (quoted below) you made on a similar thread about Bentley ......

"I hope he doesn't play for England. Who'd want to play for a dead country full of socially inept drunks who have the intellectual capacity of a wheelie bin? F_ck England, Rovers is all I care about, and if Bentley blazes through next season, and McClown pick J-Anus and Dire ahead of him, he'll lose his job after another failed tournament. Then we can all laugh..............especially when McClown is replaced by Alan Pardew or Stan Ternant.

Bentley is too good for England, the media and the mass of drooling twerps who support the two of them."

----------------------------

(By the way , shouting and the use of swear words are against the board guidelines :) )

Archived