BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derbyshire waltzed past a defender that was down and scored a goal, if this happened to England all of you would be singing a very different tune... I was angry that England didn't put the ball out and angry they celebrated the goal like they did.

In the english game now it is down to the ref to stop the game should he deem the injury significant enough. English players are taught to play on now, it's not down to the players to decide whether it is fair or not.

If you remember England B v Belarus last year Rob Green collapsed after taking a goal kick and Kutuzov scored, only for the ref to be surrounded and Rob Green taken off in a few pieces. Sure there was up roar but the players still reacted in a sporting way and took it on the chin.

You can't blame a team for celebrating a goal that would put you through. However the serbs are young and they will learn. Maybe through explusion but i doubt it, probably a slap on the wrist.

That said: Oh Matty Matty, Marty Matty Marty Derbyshire

I am disgusted to even call myself a Rovers "fan" after reading some of your comments about my nation.. That is not called for, calling us scum.

The racist chanting coming from the Serbian crowd was disgusting.

The racist barracking of the England players was bad.

The Serbs were keeping the ball in play with the defender down so why should England knock it out of play?

Thought the officials were massively at fault in not separating the players after the goal. All credit to the Serb coach who ran on and calmed some of his players down.

Remember we were playing Serbis u-21 B last night. The Italians will be very miffed by the team they put out.

Derbyshire transformed the England attack when he came on.

I have never seen anything good about Milner- still haven't. Richardson was second rate as well. Taylor looks to be a phenomenal defender in the making. I expect he will be in the senior team before too long.

The racist barracking of the England players was bad.

The Serbs were keeping the ball in play with the defender down so why should England knock it out of play?

Thought the officials were massively at fault in not separating the players after the goal. All credit to the Serb coach who ran on and calmed some of his players down.

Just scrolling through this thread and I was just about to write the same thing. I would like to see what our Serbian friend has to say in reply to this though.

I was angry that England didn't put the ball out and angry they celebrated the goal like they did.

Look closer to home lubez, your boys were happy to continue playing while he was down were they not?

And to be fair, we didnt really celebrate the goal - our boy was being chased by 10 serbian blokes.

And it wasn't really a mass brawl either, was it? I didn't see a single punch (have only seen the situation once mind you) or kick,

Watch it again. There's at least one elbow and one push in the face in there.

Also watch it again and try to work out why the ref booked Milner? :unsure:

Oh please, you English aren't exactly angels when it comes to supporters either.. Don't try act all high and mighty and start paying out the serb supporters when you english are just as bad or even worse.. You can't label all Serbs as racist just because a few idiots saw fit to vent their frustrations through some racist chants... How about you look a little closer to home.. Look at some of the comments in this thread "serbs are scum".. that really angers me.

As for the play, clearly Derbyshire did a run towards our injured defender.. He took his opportunity of the situation so he could score a goal. I'm sorry but that is not fair play in any country.. As i said, you would all be singing a very different tune if this had happened the other way around or if Man Utd had done this to the Rovers..

As for the celebrations, what was the point of pointing to his name? He obviously didn't do it toward the crowd but toward the Serb players. He wanted to stir them up and a good job he did too!

I've had to come into this thread and read comments like "serbs are scum" and "throw 'em out". What am I supposed to do? Is this not racist behaviour? Talk about double standards!

As for the play, clearly Derbyshire did a run towards our injured defender.. He took his opportunity of the situation so he could score a goal. I'm sorry but that is not fair play in any country.. As i said, you would all be singing a very different tune if this had happened the other way around or if Man Utd had done this to the Rovers..

You STILL havent said why your keeper played on while your player was down

Oh please, you English aren't exactly angels when it comes to supporters either.. Don't try act all high and mighty and start paying out the serb supporters when you english are just as bad or even worse.. You can't label all Serbs as racist just because a few idiots saw fit to vent their frustrations through some racist chants... How about you look a little closer to home.. Look at some of the comments in this thread "serbs are scum".. that really angers me.

Derbyshire did - but after your boys had continued to play also - you fail to address this.....

As for the celebrations, what was the point of pointing to his name? He obviously didn't do it toward the crowd but toward the Serb players. He wanted to stir them up and a good job he did too!

Yes, becuase prior to that they as calm as babies werent they?

I've had to come into this thread and read comments like "serbs are scum" and "throw 'em out". What am I supposed to do? Is this not racist behaviour? Talk about double standards!

The behaviour of the MAJORITY of the Serbian players was disgraceful - and the behaviour of a LARGE section of the Serbian support was utterly abominable. Would you agree?

You STILL havent said why your keeper played on while your player was down

How should I know? Only he knows why he did... Why did Derbyshire take a run towards the injured defender? He definately would have seen him, it's pretty sad that the only way he could score was by effectively cheating... Some of you on here are such hypocrites.. I do not condone the racist behaviour by a few mindless idiots but you cannot generalise all serbs in that way.. I thought you English would be the first to acknowledge this, but looks as though you are relishing the opportunity to play the victim role..

I value fair play above winning - so if Derbyshire did intentionally take advantage of the man down (it's not unequivocally clear in that clip) - I am bound to say that he was wrong and the Serbs have good reason for complaint. Obviously, the Serb reaction was out of order. I assume the Serb keeper didn't kick the ball out of play because he thought his team-mate was not seriously hurt and would get up pretty soon.

Some of you on here are such hypocrites..

Sadly, that is true. A lot of people on this board judge players from their own team differently from any other. It's an easy trap to fall into - and we all have - but we should try to be objective when criticising other teams and players.

The behaviour of the MAJORITY of the Serbian players was disgraceful - and the behaviour of a LARGE section of the Serbian support was utterly abominable. Would you agree?

Oh shall we look to the World Cup to see the behaviour of a LARGE proportion of England fans? Does 10 German Bombers ring a bell?

How should I know? Only he knows why he did... Why did Derbyshire take a run towards the injured defender? He definately would have seen him, it's pretty sad that the only way he could score was by effectively cheating...

I honestly don't think he would have seen the defender on the floor. Absolutely disgraceful reaction from your players I'm afraid. The fact is - you'd already qualified for the semis - so what was there to get so upset about?

How should I know? Only he knows why he did... Why did Derbyshire take a run towards the injured defender? He definately would have seen him, it's pretty sad that the only way he could score was by effectively cheating...

Read over what you have read there. What you have basically said is that its ok for your guys to carry on but not us. Premiership players have BEEN TOLD NOT to kick the ball out and to play to the whistle.

You keep saying that things would have been different if that had have happened to England. Not from me they wouldnt. If Scott Carson had have kicked it giving the go ahead to carry on playing then fine - play on but I still say play to the whistle. What was wrong with your guy that couldnt move on the floor anyway. Is he still in hospital this morning?

Read over what you have read there. What you have basically said is that its ok for your guys to carry on but not us. Premiership players have BEEN TOLD NOT to kick the ball out and to play to the whistle.

You keep saying that things would have been different if that had have happened to England. Not from me they wouldnt. If Scott Carson had have kicked it giving the go ahead to carry on playing then fine - play on but I still say play to the whistle. What was wrong with your guy that couldnt move on the floor anyway. Is he still in hospital this morning?

How about some of you on here? There was a little bit of jostling after the goal and you guys make it out as if there was a full blown brawl.. Then you proceed to slam the racist behaviour of the Serb fans but at the same time act in a racist manner.. I came on here to see what the English supporters reactions were, I didnt expect to see me and my fellow countrymen being called scum.. How do you explain this? Is it then fair for me to label all of you scum because of the English fans behaviour at the World Cup?

Oh shall we look to the World Cup to see the behaviour of a LARGE proportion of England fans? Does 10 German Bombers ring a bell?

Does that have any relevance here?

No, I didnt think so......

NB - When our lot do something wrong, I slate them as well. So wind your next in, accept that some of your fellow countrymen are racist scumbag. Accept the punishment that should be doled out, and move on.

How about some of you on here? There was a little bit of jostling after the goal and you guys make it out as if there was a full blown brawl.. Then you proceed to slam the racist behaviour of the Serb fans but at the same time act in a racist manner.. I came on here to see what the English supporters reactions were, I didnt expect to see me and my fellow countrymen being called scum.. How do you explain this? Is it then fair for me to label all of you scum because of the English fans behaviour at the World Cup?

Listen mate. Each of my comments on here have not called you or your countrymen scum. All I have been throwing at you are footballing questions and you seem to try and dodge them each time and bring it back round to the name calling. I am talking about the football here and not name calling.

So, back to my post which you dodged:-

Cocker Posted Today, 09:48

QUOTE(lubez @ Jun 18 2007, 09:35 )

No he's not in hospital.. Does a player have to be in hospital to be in enough pain not to play on?

I was not saying that you, Cocker, were calling me and my countrymen scum but some others on the forum..

Also, I did acknowledge that we do have our racists and I am not defending them, I am defending those who some on this forum like to slap the "scum" title on, even though they did nothing wrong. I am actually saddened that some of the Serbs supporters acted the way they did.. There is no need for that and I hope they are dealt with..

You say the Derbyshire is used to the English way of dealing with injuries. Aren't we playing on the International stage? Doesn't the fair play system come into play? Isn't Derbyshire supposed to acknowledge the International rules of the game and kick the ball out? If I am wrong with my interpretation of fair play please correct me, but I do not agree with what Derbyshire did..

Being a Rovers fan you would know that MD is not a cheat. Nothing I've seen of his play makes me think he's a cheat.

He's a hard working, down to earth player. Not a cynical big time Charley.

He played to whistle, as did the Serb players.

Is there any news on the injured Serd player this morning? Has he been moved from Intensive Care.

U.T.B.

You say the Derbyshire is used to the English way of dealing with injuries. Aren't we playing on the International stage? Doesn't the fair play system come into play? Isn't Derbyshire supposed to acknowledge the International rules of the game and kick the ball out?

Perhaps he was taking his lead from the Serbs who continued to play....?

Archived