BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TO LE CHUCK.

It must be delightful to be able to censor jokes that go over your head.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

OK,I'll let it drop, but I'm sorry if I didn't see being called a racist with an angry face as just a joke.

If anybody had read the context of my post, it would be quite obvious the derogatory remarks were aimed at the Serbian team,and sections of the fans in their disgraceful behaviour.I won't apologise for what was said in the heat of the moment.The post was on the u-21 thread and the topic was about the match with a team called Serbia.So to be accused of calling the Serbia and it's people as a whole is just pure sensationalism and pure hogwash to defect from the main issues of the nights events,and that's attacking and insulting people for the colour of their skin and their religion.I could have edited the post, but whats the point when it's already been quoted.

If this was on a political forum and I slated Serbians as a race, thnen yes it would be racist, but it's not ., it was ion a thread debating the match.

I also stated that before the match that I said a lot of nice things about the Serbian team,in fact I praised them as the tournament underdogs.They play some very good football.

I won't apologise to my reaction that was aimed at the antics of the team and a nasty section of the fans.I stand by that, but if i've offended Lubez personally out of context , then I'll apologise to him personally.

Now let's hope we meet in the final, and the nonsense is put to bed.

TO LE CHUCK.

It must be delightful to be able to censor jokes that go over your head.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

OK,I'll let it drop, but I'm sorry if I didn't see being called a racist with an angry face as just a joke.

Of course it was a joke, calling a team 'dark horses' is so obviously not racist, I was just playing on the word 'dark' after all the controversy in the thread. Thankfully MortenMagician got it. :)

Of course it was a joke, calling a team 'dark horses' is so obviously not racist, I was just playing on the word 'dark' after all the controversy in the thread. Thankfully MortenMagician got it. :)

I was reading the rest of the thread,and I do admit, I put 1 + 1 together and made 3 lol

I can't believe that somebody actually said " it's only the boring u-21's ".

If the games as passionate as that tomorrow evening against the Dutch, then we're in for cracking match.I can't wait.

The dutch think the English are " gentlemen "to. :P

Mates, stop the discussion. We'll kick you out of the tournament this wednesday and after that, beat Serbia in the finals, so never mind it.

Holland 4 - England 3

Hat-trick by Matt, who's on as a second half sub. Looks like the perfect scenario to me.

So much young talent for so many generations....................and nothing to show for it. Welcome to The Netherlands: The Tottenham Hotspur of international football :P

I apologise to ewoodblue.. I overreacted a fair bit. That's the problem when reading someone's posts as opposed to communicating face to face. It can very easily be taken out of context and misconstrued. I apologise. The way you wrote it i.e. Serbs are scum looked as though you meant Serbs as a whole, and that is easily misunderstood because I have faced such comments in the real world because of the wars of the 90's and more recently in 1999 (the kosovo issue).. We Serbs have been branded war criminals, racists, fascists and a whole lot of other things over the last few years and I'm sorry but I have to stand up for myself and my country once in a while and defend our image..

As for the racist sections in the crowd, I am appalled, as are we all, and they should be dealt with accordingly. I think kicking us out of the tournament is a bit extreme though. The Serb fans were most probably born and raised in Holland too (that is no excuse), so how can the Serb FA or even the Serb government control these people? Anyhow, I still do not think that any of our players were involved in any racist remarks in the tunnel, even the English said they didn't hear such things. As for the spitting, I don't know about that.. Derbyshire claims he didn't even know about it, but the media like to jump on a story even if it is not true.. You could see in the interviews that the interviewer was trying to get something out of Derbyshire in regards to the spitting incident..

On the subject of Derbyshire, I don't like the comments he made in regards to Serbs.. He was quoted as saying "everyone knows what they are like".. What is that meant to mean? If he did say this, and there's all possibility that he didn't, but if he did I am pretty appalled that he thinks that way about us Serbs.

Anyway, I do sincerely apologise and I hope this incident is dealt with properly by UEFA..

I wish the English all the best for their semi-final against Holland and hope we meet you in the Final..

Crikey!

I think calling 15 million people scum is crass and completely unacceptable.

Never saw anyone do that. They said the Serb fans and players that hurled racist abuse are scum. And racist to say they should be banned? I guess we're racist against the Dutch for saying that about Feyenoord.

Much worse things that could be said about the Serbs that weren't touched upon...

EDIT: Just read the most recent post and it sums things up perfectly. Makes the same point I was trying to.

On the subject of Derbyshire, I don't like the comments he made in regards to Serbs.. He was quoted as saying "everyone knows what they are like".. What is that meant to mean? If he did say this, and there's all possibility that he didn't, but if he did I am pretty appalled that he thinks that way about us Serbs.

Leave derbs alone, the poor guy did nothing wrong. Now your having a go at him for a throw away comment. Reputations preceed all countries fans and unfortunately your countries fans don't have a good one and your players haven't helped it.

ps. See you in the final :xmas:

So much young talent for so many generations....................and nothing to show for it. Welcome to The Netherlands: The Tottenham Hotspur of international football :P

Have they been linked with nearly signing Ronaldo then?

Looking forward to seeing Drenthe tonight.

Looks like he's being linked to several premiership clubs, I'm hoping we're one of them.

Looks like he could have a very big future from what I've seen of him so far.

I apologise to ewoodblue.. I overreacted a fair bit. That's the problem when reading someone's posts as opposed to communicating face to face. It can very easily be taken out of context and misconstrued. I apologise. The way you wrote it i.e. Serbs are scum looked as though you meant Serbs as a whole, and that is easily misunderstood because I have faced such comments in the real world because of the wars of the 90's and more recently in 1999 (the kosovo issue).. We Serbs have been branded war criminals, racists, fascists and a whole lot of other things over the last few years and I'm sorry but I have to stand up for myself and my country once in a while and defend our image..

As for the racist sections in the crowd, I am appalled, as are we all, and they should be dealt with accordingly. I think kicking us out of the tournament is a bit extreme though. The Serb fans were most probably born and raised in Holland too (that is no excuse), so how can the Serb FA or even the Serb government control these people? Anyhow, I still do not think that any of our players were involved in any racist remarks in the tunnel, even the English said they didn't hear such things. As for the spitting, I don't know about that.. Derbyshire claims he didn't even know about it, but the media like to jump on a story even if it is not true.. You could see in the interviews that the interviewer was trying to get something out of Derbyshire in regards to the spitting incident..

Anyway, I do sincerely apologise and I hope this incident is dealt with properly by UEFA..

I wish the English all the best for their semi-final against Holland and hope we meet you in the Final..

Nice to see you posting,I would of felt bad if I'd put you off,and your a Rovers fan so please feel welcome .It was heat of the moment and them last crazy 20 minutes.

The issue with the fans is not just with Serbia or England, it's something that as to be dealt with as a whole.This problem is rearing it's ugly head all over the football gloe again.Why should the minority of bigots spoil it for the majority of decent football fans,but saying that the decent football fans don't get the press coverage.The match's so far, have been nice to watch,families, children all enjoying the carnival atmosphere,and your right nobody will condone it, most of all the decent Sebian people.

The incident with Matt Derbyshire was mentioned by the bloke on the sky sports team who wwas asked what was happening when the trouble in the tunnel began.He said,aparently it seems that Matt derbyshire as been spat at.So after all that had been going on and Karcar not shaking hands it all seemed feasible.It infuriates me that these media people can say things with out knowing the true facts.

I think the game overall that England looked tired as the match progressed,and our passing was atrocious, so we needed the fresh legs and pace of Matt Derbyshire.It was same when we played Italy, at half time England looked like they could have been 4-0 up, but in the 2nd half we looked very tired and not capable of handling the humidity in the ground.I can't understand why Stuart Pearce seems to take so long to bring on substitutes.End of day both our teams have progressed at the expense of the well favoured Italians which is a great achievement.

I think overall the England player who has impressed me the most as been Scott Carson in the England goal,he's looked very safe and he kept the score at 1-0 when Serbia were pushing forward and looking very dangerous of over awing England.

I 'm looking forward to watching both games live on Skly tonight,but I'm hoping there's no argy bargy with the dutch and their fans.

In the telegraph the whole incident seems to off blown over and I haven't read anything about Matt Derbyshire saying anything bad towards Serbia, that sounds more like thew big tabloid talk like the Sun newspaper etc.

We've became European Champions <21 last year. And our most recent title is (a long, long time ago) EC in 1988. When was yours? And besides that - Take a look to the biggest clubs in the world. They all have Dutch players in their squad. AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea, Blackburn Rovers. Yes, they all have Dutch. So don't take the ###### out of my country, I don't like that. I think we should be one of the most respected countries in the world - football wise. We're a country of 16 million people..remember.. :angry:

Holland vs. England

2-2

Babel, Babel

Derbyshire, Derbyshire

We can't win penalties, neither can you. So it'll be the first match in football history that'll NEVER EVER end.

Looking forward to seeing Drenthe tonight.

Looks like he's being linked to several premiership clubs, I'm hoping we're one of them.

Looks like he could have a very big future from what I've seen of him so far.

I said the same thing to the missus before - she didnt care so Im glad someone agrees!

Never saw anyone do that. They said the Serb fans and players that hurled racist abuse are scum. And racist to say they should be banned? I guess we're racist against the Dutch for saying that about Feyenoord.

Much worse things that could be said about the Serbs that weren't touched upon...

EDIT: Just read the most recent post and it sums things up perfectly. Makes the same point I was trying to.

so who does "the serbs" refer to cleverclogs?

Archived