BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixture Countdown

Well folks, no-one else has thought about it so here goes.

On Thursday morning at 1000, the fixtures are announced for the new season to the public. At 4pm the previous day, the fixtures are given to the relevant Police authorities in order to allow them to set in place the require footballing orders for the season and to allow them the usual practice of having certain games changed from the original fixture dates.

So who would you want to play first game this coming season ?

For me, it has to be a home game, and I would love to see Rovers play host to big city muppets (Birmingham City) to give them a real spanking to welcome them back with a certain Bob savage scoring a penalty in the Darren End goal just to rub salt in the wounds of the brummie supporters.

:brfc:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we not had a tendancy in the last few seasons to play someone who's ust been promoted? I wouldn't mind a home game against Derby to start the season. Mainly because someone at work supports them and thinks they'll have no problem avoiding relegation :)

Have we not had a tendancy in the last few seasons to play someone who's ust been promoted? I wouldn't mind a home game against Derby to start the season. Mainly because someone at work supports them and thinks they'll have no problem avoiding relegation :)

Boro/Newcastle/Sunderland Away - I love games in the North East!!

I don't want an away game against a lesser team or a team who has just been promoted - I don't want to be embarassed like the last two opening day's.

So yeah, preferably a winnable home game.

Yes we have; and we have also had a tendency to lose to them. Think I would prefer a home game against Boro or Wigan to start us off on the right foot. No disrespect to the two clubs mentioned, but we do seem to do well against them, and we badly need to change the trend and get off to a good start.

Please not a newly promoted club.

I would rather fancy a Big 4 to see if we could catch them cold but the problem we then have is with the UEFA 1st round game which I think comes in the middle of the first week (that's if we survive the Intertoto which is by no means a gimme) meaning we will immediately be a game in hand on the rest.

Let's say an honourable 1-2 home defeat to the Mancs, a game off and then a stinker away like Pompey or West Ham where we have traditionally made a horlicks of things and we are looking at bottom three at the end of August, 7 points behind the leading pack and another lousy start to a Prem campaign.

Hang on, I am sounding like the 'drog.

I would like an away game so the last match will be at home.

It doesnt work like that anymore sadly, the joys of a fixturie computer handling an average of 15 requests for fixture/dates to avoid per club....

I guess whoever Rovers get they'll do their best to suprise us.

Get Wigan at home and we'll probably fail to win and get somebody sent off.

Play Chelsea away and we'll probably win. Gone are the days when I used to look at the fixtures, especially home ones, and thought 3 points etc. Rovers get points where you'd least expect, however equally, we also drop points where you'd least expect. I just can not wait to get back into the swing of things. My life loses all structure without a fixture list.

If I had to pick - West Ham at home.

Would ideally like a 'moderate' home match to start such as Reading, Pompey or Villa, and a 'relatively easy' away match second, say Fulham or Derby. Basically games we should be winning if we're to push on from last season.

As for August Bank Holiday, away to a team we'll lose against (say Man Utd) is preferable for me as I'll be at a wedding in Colorado and won't feel too bad not watching the defeat. Although I think I'd prefer missing a win at Old Trafford. :)

I guess whoever Rovers get they'll do their best to suprise us.

Get Wigan at home and we'll probably fail to win and get somebody sent off.

Play Chelsea away and we'll probably win. Gone are the days when I used to look at the fixtures, especially home ones, and thought 3 points etc. Rovers get points where you'd least expect, however equally, we also drop points where you'd least expect. I just can not wait to get back into the swing of things. My life loses all structure without a fixture list.

If I had to pick - West Ham at home.

Hopefully WHam won't appear in Rovers fixture list, and Sheff U. will. (oh aren't I the eternal optimist!)

Had a very interesting conversation with the operations support today at Lancashire Police and it was suggested that PNE are at home the first game which, by regularity suggests Rovers first game could be away. The way that Lancon normally have it is that when Nobend are at home Rovers play away.

Cant wait until 1000 :brfc:

Had a very interesting conversation with the operations support today at Lancashire Police and it was suggested that PNE are at home the first game which, by regularity suggests Rovers first game could be away. The way that Lancon normally have it is that when Nobend are at home Rovers play away.

Cant wait until 1000 :brfc:

are the premier and championship not stsrting on different weekends this season?

Just a wild guess here, i reckon we'll get Boro at home for the first game.

I would be happy with that. Ideally we will have an easy home game as we hopefully will not be playing midweek due to UEFA Cup commitments.

Archived