BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fulham will come back for Jason Roberts, sooner and with more money than was probably imagined.

I have heard of a very interesting foreign striker being offered to the club but it is too early to mention his name as there are some doubts about who his agent is - and what the cost would be.

I'd be delighted to get rid of Roberts, the guy needs about 20 chances to score. Shame his finishing is so utterly horrendous given that the power/pace elements of his game are so strong. Anyway...

Very curious to hear who this potential new striker could be. Here's a question Nicko: Is this a youngster, a veteran or a player in his prime..?

Santa Cruz would be great; I desperately hope it's not Saha. Given how Nicko's original post was phrased I don't think the player is currently based in England.

Its not that Dutch bloke from Celtic is it? He sounds like a Crufts winner to me!

Hmmmm..... if it's him, it will cost you all a small fortune in letters for the back of your replica shirts! :lol:

I'd be delighted to get rid of Roberts, the guy needs about 20 chances to score. Shame his finishing is so utterly horrendous given that the power/pace elements of his game are so strong. Anyway...

He may not be the best but he's similar and more gifted than Kuqi. Both their strengths are that they are a handful and most defenders hate playing against the pair of them and that particular 'quality' leaves openings for others.

Yet another rumour confirmed...

Today's LET.

Blackburn Rovers have held talks with Derby County regarding a deal for Andy Todd.

However, they have yet to receive an acceptable offer for the experienced defender.

"I've had dialogue with a club but we haven't received an offer we can accept as yet," said chairman John Williams.

I think the Bellamy for West Ham and Fulham new bid for Roberts tales were none too shabby either.

And Rigters signed for Celtic didn't he?

And that takeover stuff? Total tosh obviously. Dan Williams? Never heard of the guy. Oh, look he's over talking money. :unsure:

Incidentally the work put in by you fans chasing down the mystery target is quite brilliant. And that's no lie.

Anyway, just off to make a few more red-top tittle-tattle tales up. :lol:

Well said Nicko! you have obviously got the right mind set to deal with some of the numpties we get on here. And there was me getting all hot under the collar on your behalf, because of their rudeness.

I'd say Santa Cruz is a strong candidate. Bayern are willing to get rid and I haven't heard of too much of interest from the big ones (tho haven't really been reading all the news all the time...). But there's a reason why Bayern are willing to get rid. His scoring record is very poor for a 'star player' = Games 143, Goals 29.

I also understand that some of the Bayern fans hate him with passion..

This thread is hilarious. Fair play - it's loads better than any other transfer rumour thread which has ever been on the MB.

But only because the word sycophant is in the dictionary.

This threads good but it could be better with less pointless retorts. You need to include in that assessment some of the following to describe some of the responders Tris.

Ingratiating, servile, unctuous, hypocritical ........

As for Santa Cruz, Inzaghi, back down to reality mate or go out for some fresh Finnish air.

Back in reality it's reported that Santa Cruz has been offered to City, so why not us?

After a quick stroll in the fresh Finnish air Inzaghi does seem a bit far fetched, but stranger things has happened. Being 33, a fringe player at Milan that'll probably sign a big name to partner up with Ronaldo limiting Inzaghi's chances even more next term. After being at Juventus and Milan, a transfer to smaller club in Italy wouldn't interest him and perhaps he would like to play in the Premier League... who knows - I was just throwing up names.

This threads good but it could be better with less pointless retorts. You need to include in that assessment some of the following to describe some of the responders Tris.

I honestly cant fathom out why some people attempt to p*ss off people who come on here

with genuine information. i cant recall a thread ever having my constant attention like this one and seeing that

AN is freelance there is no reason for him to go away unless he gets the feeling of 'why bother' due to the

ungratefull attitude of certain individuals.

If these people question the information, don't bl00dy read it !

All insider info should be taken with a pinch of salt but have any of the people questioning the

info Nicko provides ever provided any worthwile 'tittle tattle' of their own ?

have they boll..ks !

You missed out : Bombastic, aggressive, supercillious, and downright bloody ignorant Theno!

I'm at pains as to why some people are getting stick for expressing an unpopular view in this thread ~ i.e Tris et al. Personally I've no idea who nicko or Alan Nixon is, presuming they are one and the same. From what I have read here, sadly I read all 18 pages earlier, I gather Alan Nixon is a freelance journalist and has his copy published most frequently in the red tops. Nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand surely we all know the red tops publish just about anything to sell a paper ~ one of them, I don't know which as I glimpsed it on a garage forecourt, is running a headline Utd have bid £32m for Tevez, no doubt this is pumped up in some way by including salary etc. The point I think is this, believing anything printed in the tabloid sports pages is difficult in the extreme. Personally I believe nothing until I see it on the club site or the player on the pitch. Some are very sceptical about the press, why should those people be criticised for seeing another point of view? Simply because the stories favour Rovers we have to take them as gospel?

I'm at pains as to why some people are getting stick for expressing an unpopular view in this thread ~ i.e Tris et al. Personally I've no idea who nicko or Alan Nixon is, presuming they are one and the same. From what I have read here, sadly I read all 18 pages earlier, I gather Alan Nixon is a freelance journalist and has his copy published most frequently in the red tops. Nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand surely we all know the red tops publish just about anything to sell a paper ~ one of them, I don't know which as I glimpsed it on a garage forecourt, is running a headline Utd have bid £32m for Tevez, no doubt this is pumped up in some way by including salary etc. The point I think is this, believing anything printed in the tabloid sports pages is difficult in the extreme. Personally I believe nothing until I see it on the club site or the player on the pitch. Some are very sceptical about the press, why should those people be criticised for seeing another point of view? Simply because the stories favour Rovers we have to take them as gospel?

The point is simple Paul, many of us find the behind the scenes heresay, rumours and stories very very interesting, some come true, some dont, whatever its AN's job and the fact he is sharing his info with us should be appreciated.

If you think its all a load of whatever, dont read the thread.

Those who enjoy the thread dont take it as gospel, but enjoy the information all the same.

Whats the problem ??!

Brownie, the fact is that when the speculating is done in the paper and not on this site, people complain about the "baseless" rumors and how the papers are trying to bring our club down by publishing the rumors and/or are just publishing "stretched versions of the truth" to sell papers.

The point is simple Paul, many of us find the behind the scenes heresay, rumours and stories very very interesting, some come true, some dont, whatever its AN's job and the fact he is sharing his info with us should be appreciated.

If you think its all a load of whatever, dont read the thread.

Those who enjoy the thread dont take it as gospel, but enjoy the information all the same.

Whats the problem ??!

Exactly right Brownie. If someone who has absolutely no need to give up their time to come on here, nevertheless chooses to do so and tries to be as friendly and as helpful as they can, then it up to us the recipients of this info to treat the person with a bit of respect. As people have already said we can each make our own judgement as to how much credence to allocate to the given info. But we have a duty to question the contributor in a civil manner, as we ourselves would like to be treated. That's all.

I honestly cant fathom out why some people attempt to p*ss off people who come on here

with genuine information. i cant recall a thread ever having my constant attention like this one and seeing that

AN is freelance there is no reason for him to go away unless he gets the feeling of 'why bother' due to the

ungratefull attitude of certain individuals.

If these people question the information, don't bl00dy read it !

All insider info should be taken with a pinch of salt but have any of the people questioning the

info Nicko provides ever provided any worthwile 'tittle tattle' of their own ?

have they boll..ks !

You really need to read a little slower Brownie. I was not criticising Mr Nixon at all I was criticising some of the grovelling member responses. Seems your 'constant attention' rather let you down this time.

You might find this useful. :tu:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com//

Archived