BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

I would prefer Bellamy to Pedersen. When he was here Bellamy could win games on his own and although Pedersen's goal are of course important he isnt a player that could go out and get us a win. I hate playing 'Football Manager' with regards to our transfer business, but if this was to happen then we could do a lot worse than bringing in Richardson from Utd who looks as though is available for £2.5m...

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would prefer Bellamy to Pedersen. When he was here Bellamy could win games on his own and although Pedersen's goal are of course important he isnt a player that could go out and get us a win. I hate playing 'Football Manager' with regards to our transfer business, but if this was to happen then we could do a lot worse than bringing in Richardson from Utd who looks as though is available for £2.5m...

Oh please not Richardson, terrible player.

Richardson was fantastic at West Brom. He's got all the attributes to make an excellent winger, he just seems to be trying to hard to impress when he plays for Man Utd. I really think under Hughes' tutoring he could flourish.

He's certainly not 'rubbish', he's just thrown under the unfortunate blanket that covers English midfielders who appear in national squads but probably aren't up to scratch for that level, like Downing, Jenas etc. None of them are rubbish, they're all very good Premiership players, which is why they get in the squads in the first place.

Oh please not Richardson, terrible player.

Eh? Griz you got your players mixed up? He's by no means terrible, he may not be a world beater at the moment but he's hardly getting a chance at man yoo he needs to move to develop. IMO not a bad LM at all.

Eh? Griz you got your players mixed up? He's by no means terrible, he may not be a world beater at the moment but he's hardly getting a chance at man yoo he needs to move to develop. IMO not a bad LM at all.

If only he was as good as he thinks he is. <_<

Ped's not going anywhere. Liverpool supporting journalists may try to put forward the idea of an MGP-for-Bellamy swap in the next few days/weeks, but it'll be a strait purchase of Bellars or nothing at all. Anybody that Sparky would be willing to include in a deal as makeweight for Bellamy would be of no interest to Liverpool.

Hmm...pure speculation of course, but which would you prefer?

Friedel

Emerton Samba Nelsen Warnock

Bentley Reid Savage Richardson

McCarthy Bellamy

Or...

Friedel

Emerton Samba Nelsen Warnock

Bentley Reid Savage Pedersen

McCarthy Roberts

Personally I think the first one would be better. Both would cost the same as well, if anything we'd make a profit on the first because I'd value Pedersen higher than Bellamy, and if Richardson is going for £2.5 million ish we'll also make a profit on 'swapping' him for Roberts.

Ped's not going anywhere. Liverpool supporting journalists may try to put forward the idea of an MGP-for-Bellamy swap in the next few days/weeks, but it'll be a strait purchase of Bellars or nothing at all. Anybody that Sparky would be willing to include in a deal as makeweight for Bellamy would be of no interest to Liverpool.

Horses mouth.......

Benitez also played down rumours linking him with a move for Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze.

The Spaniard says he is looking at bringing in wide players rather than defenders. "Really we are working with wingers," added Benitez. "People can talk about a lot of things and a lot of names but we're working on wingers."

Just my opinion but we've 2 wingers who are consistently better and more dangerous than any of theirs. Their best two wingers this season were players who are better at striker and left back.

.........Just my opinion but we've 2 wingers who are consistently better and more dangerous than any of theirs....

I agree 'drog (It scares me to type that.), but they're not getting them. We have them both on long deals & we (especially Sparky) want to keep them. Sparky has ambitions of his own, to hell with anybody else. Any deal for Bellars will be for cash.

Lpool paid £20.5m for Torres today. Anyone out there think that he will score 24 or more this coming season? :huh:

Another Spanish flop, I feel it in me water. Problems of Scheva proportions.

Another Spanish flop, I feel it in me water. Problems of Scheva proportions.

The difference here is that this lad has the legs where as Sheva's have gone. He will be in my fantasy team no question.

One thing worth remembering is that Bellamy has come out very publicly against any and every deal which linked him in a player exchange. Nico has said that Bellamy will have a huge say in where he is going and with this player, that has got to be the case.

West Ham's Prem future is still not 100% sure and for all the blah blah about their spending power, looks like Tevez and Reo-Coker are gone, they have signed an injury risk and a relative unknown so far and they only escaped relegation on the last day of the season. "My name is Craig Bellamy and I don't sign for ###### clubs" is a quote worth repeating from the time when Rovers last signed him. Rovers should move quickly on this one.

One way to be sure of NOT getting Bellamy is the sort of thoughts expressed on this thread. Then supporters get upset about the press making up links where none exist....

I would have thought that any club with a decent winger in La Liga would be either worried by Rafa's comments or counting the Euros already. Where is de Pedro by the way?

One thing worth remembering is that Bellamy has come out very publicly against any and every deal which linked him in a player exchange. Nico has said that Bellamy will have a huge say in where he is going and with this player, that has got to be the case.

West Ham's Prem future is still not 100% sure and for all the blah blah about their spending power, looks like Tevez and Reo-Coker are gone, they have signed an injury risk and a relative unknown so far and they only escaped relegation on the last day of the season. "My name is Craig Bellamy and I don't sign for ###### clubs" is a quote worth repeating from the time when Rovers last signed him. Rovers should move quickly on this one.

One way to be sure of NOT getting Bellamy is the sort of thoughts expressed on this thread. Then supporters get upset about the press making up links where none exist....

I would have thought that any club with a decent winger in La Liga would be either worried by Rafa's comments or counting the Euros already. Where is de Pedro by the way?

I don't think the current owners are willing to dosh out Bellamy-sort-of-cash, especially as they are in the middle of relieving themselves of the club. I would be very surprised to see a quick bid for ol' Bellars just yet.

What's all this talk of a swap MGP-for-Bellamy, or a makeweight from us to them. I am dead against the idea of MGP going anywhere, but IF he does, he has to valued at £12m+. Which means in any swap deal for Bellamy it would be Liverpool giving us Bellamy plus quite a few million. Anything less than that is a complete NO-NO!!

i'd be quite happy at swapping mgp for bellamy.

chances are - he'll want out soon anyway. his agent is always talking up the man u and liverpool link.

to be honest though, i can't see rafa wanting him. he seems to do his homework well, so he'll know mgp is not the type of player they need. he is not skillful enough in the dribbling stakes.

cash in and re- sign duff

Have you watched Duff recently? he is not even a pale shadow of the player that left us. Same when he plays for the Republic; if they had another option I doubt he would even be in the squad.

If I remember correctly after us he got tossed out from Perugia, IFK Goteborg and from some minor league team from Rhodes or similar. Probably rottening in lower divisions at Spain or retired. Might be available for nothing. Are you reading, Rafa?

Edit: ex-Rovers -thread say Burgos :)

Having said that, Bellamy will go where HE wants to go. No-one will force him anywhere. Let's just hope it's us.

den, i have it on very good authority (source couldnt be better) that bellers will be returning.

so, you wont be disappointed.

it's all documented on previous posts.

i'm told, players and staff at rovers know he's coming back and it's a matter of when, not if.

I'd tend to disagree Pleasure.

Certainly over the weekend of last season it was a different opinion of some members. However things can change very, very quickly in 6-7 weeks!!

it's all documented on previous posts.

i'm told, players and staff at rovers know he's coming back and it's a matter of when, not if.

I really really hope thats true.

Front line resources of Bellamy, McCarthy, Roberts, Rigters and Derbyshire... A fantastic mixture of pace, strength, guile, power. Could you ask for more from a club our size?

Archived