BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

I will give you the details at 9pm.

That stops rival papers sneaking in.

Hope you appreciate I can't be giving away tomorrow's stories today or I end up skint.

Both deals developping. Will pass on what I know at that time.

Because there is so much happening all round today elsewhere both of these stories may get squeezed in the morning, so I am happy to give as much info on them as I have.

To paraphrase Jimmy Buffett - "It's 9 o'clock somewhere!"

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shoppybrfc

Gally to Stoke is my guess. Theres been talk on the Stoke board yesterday, that they are going to make 2 signing within 48 hours...

Those figures get lost every time the site crashes. Maybe one of admin knows the highest figure. I know it was when Souey left, cos I posted the news story. We were flooded by guests from Geordie land.

Todd to Pompey?

Remember Harry's admiration on Panorama?

They've already signed Distin and Hreidarsson this summer, I doubt they'll want another centre back.

I think Gally will be the one going, possibly to one of the promoted clubs.

With the rumours surrounding Savage and Roberts, I wonder if it could be either of them? I certainly wouldn't want to see either leave this summer.

Well surely neither of them would be described as a "fringe player"? Maybe, just maybe, Roberts would fit that bill considering his limited number of appearances, but certainly doesn't count as a fringe player in importance, based on the last few games of the season at least.

OK, we're early, but here goes.

Derby County want Andy Todd. I thought it would be all done and dusted today, but there has been a lot going at Pride Park. Wee Billy Davies has just signed a new deal and brought in some staff and Rob Earnshaw.

However I understand that he is genuinely interested in closing a deal for Toddy quickly, which would be quite nice as his dad played for the club when they were something back in the 70s. Some of us can remember that long ago.

Derby will pay the asking price - which is around £750,000 - and it will be up to the player whether he wants to swap one squad place for anotherr. Davies fancies his old boy Claude Davis who will now get out of Sheffield United because they are deffo relegated. So Toddy would have to compete with him and the useful Leacock for a game.

However it is Premiership football, a club with emotional ties, blah, blah.

Coventry were the major players until Derby showed an interest. But I don't think the takeover at Coventry is happening, so they would appear stuffed.

I think Rovers will sell as the money is good and there is plenty of cover.

The surprise is Jason Brown. Found out today that Crystal Palace want him to be their number one. Peter Taylor has two keepers but neither of them are of real quality.

I hear from a very decent source that Palace will buy Brown if they are given encouragement. The player may fancy first-team football, although I would imagine Rovers could do without the hassle of finding a new reserve for Big Brad. It will cost them obviously, but Palace think he is their ideal choice for the role. That one should progress soon too.

So there we go...hope it was worth the wait.

wooo thanks for the news nicko.

£75Ok seems decent for Todd. Think now is the right time to let him go.

However I wouldn't be pleased to see the back of Brown. I'm sure many people feel he's the nautral successor to Big Brad. However if I decent offer came in I suppose Rovers would have to consider it.

Archived