BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, we're early, but here goes.

Derby County want Andy Todd. I thought it would be all done and dusted today, but there has been a lot going at Pride Park. Wee Billy Davies has just signed a new deal and brought in some staff and Rob Earnshaw.

However I understand that he is genuinely interested in closing a deal for Toddy quickly, which would be quite nice as his dad played for the club when they were something back in the 70s. Some of us can remember that long ago.

Derby will pay the asking price - which is around £750,000 - and it will be up to the player whether he wants to swap one squad place for anotherr. Davies fancies his old boy Claude Davis who will now get out of Sheffield United because they are deffo relegated. So Toddy would have to compete with him and the useful Leacock for a game.

However it is Premiership football, a club with emotional ties, blah, blah.

Coventry were the major players until Derby showed an interest. But I don't think the takeover at Coventry is happening, so they would appear stuffed.

I think Rovers will sell as the money is good and there is plenty of cover.

The surprise is Jason Brown. Found out today that Crystal Palace want him to be their number one. Peter Taylor has two keepers but neither of them are of real quality.

I hear from a very decent source that Palace will buy Brown if they are given encouragement. The player may fancy first-team football, although I would imagine Rovers could do without the hassle of finding a new reserve for Big Brad. It will cost them obviously, but Palace think he is their ideal choice for the role. That one should progress soon too.

So there we go...hope it was worth the wait.

Cheers mate.

This would probabely explain why they brought in a new keeper the other day,

I think the Bellamy saga will go on and on.

Thought he would move a while back, but they have let Garcia go and want shot of Cisse.

Maybe Rafa will need him after all...and he will hang out for the silly money if he doesn't.

I don't think there is any need to spend crazzy money on him unless there is a big 'can't refuse' offer for Benni McCarthy or Jason Roberts.

appreciate the info nicko at least it is solid information rather than the general guesswork and a friend of a friend stories we usually get.

Never seen Brown play due to the reliability of brad but he can't go on forever.

Thanks Nicko very revealing

Now what's your take on the Sheff U v West Ham fiasco?

Scandal.

I hope there are some serious questions when Tevez moves. Like where did the money go from the fee.

The Premier League are supposed to be cleaning up the game and they allow this to happen...

The more you see the people who run the game the less you like them.

How so? He made it clear neither players was a first choice regular so where is the wind-up. You've just been wetting yourself all day and now feel daft for getting uptight over nothing.

No it's not that, I just doubt his 'inside' knowledge. If he works for a paper then his grammar and spelling are appalling!

No it's not that, I just doubt his 'inside' knowledge. If he works for a paper then his grammar and spelling are appalling!

I can't believe what I am reading. The guy goes out of his way to provide us information on possible transfer news when for the last month all I have read is people complaining that nothing has happened at the club.

Give the guy a break.

Jees.

I've just checked quickly back through nicko's last three posts, and his grammar seems immaculate and I can only see one spelling mistake obviously caused by typing too quickly.

I would imagine 99.999% of us greatly value nicko's recent contributions to the m/b and even enjoyed the little guessing game today!. Please keep any info coming!.

I can't believe that we've found out that the two most imminent outgoings aren't earth shattering and some people are DISAPPOINTED at the lack of the big news!

Would be sad to lose Jason. I always thought he looked quite decent and was hoping he would take over from Bradley one day.

is Nicko Kamy in disguise ?

I like many other was probably expecting a big name sale but am rather pleased it aint that much of a big shock.

I would also be saddened to lose Brown as he looked accomplished enough to take over from Brad. Does anyone know if Enckleman has already left the club ?

I cannot see Rovers going without an experienced or capable reserve keeper as back up so I would expect them to seal a decent keeper if we do sell him. Another thing, Nicko didnt mention a price. I cant recall what we paid for him but surely he has improved and will have an increased value if we are to sell.

Another thing, Nicko didnt mention a price. I cant recall what we paid for him but surely he has improved and will have an increased value if we are to sell.

If I remember correctly we got him on a Bosman - which would mean yet more profit for Rovers. Lets not forget that Palace paid £2.5m for our last Bosman signing to leave. Though I wouldn't imagine the fee to be anywhere near as large - I would imagine it would take at least £500k+ to prise him away from the club. I suppose it depends on whether this guy from the Faroe Isles is seen as a really top prospect - and also whether Encks will remain at the club to give experienced cover while the new guy is put through his paces.

Archived