BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

I would look out for some fireworks on the Jason Roberts front today.

Fulham will probably make an official move as the Diomansy Kamara deal from West Brom is stuttering a bit.

What they offer will probably be rejected, but the right price might prove tempting.

Is this going to be the busiest transfer window ever?

Didn't see this post before my last one, just saw the Roberts news on SSN and was coming on here to give you some stick for not calling it :lol:

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea about how the Benni story came out. Think it was on the BBC because I don't think the papers ran it.

Total tosh.

Although I do think he is sulking at the moment.

Still, if you marry a divorcee don't be surprised if she messes around...

Morning...

Just calmed down after discovering neither Todd nor Brown stories in the Mirror. Did suspect there were other things going on that would squeeze those out. Still, you got the tales which is the point of the exercise.

PS. Toddy story did make the Daily Sport. So the kids will be fed after all.

So are you saying that if you give a paper a perfectly legitimate story, and they take it, but later on they decide not to run with it because there's more "important" stuff which has subsequently come up, you don't get paid anything?

Bit harsh. :unsure:

Still, if you marry a divorcee don't be surprised if she messes around...

Ouch!

with torres joining liverpool i wonder how hughes sees the bellamy situation? do we have enough to bid for him? or does roberts leave to free up funds? and will we look for a rb?

it's all like chess me thinks!

Bit harsh. :unsure:

It's his own fault for reporting on Rovers and not sticking with the important stuff like Wayne Rooney's done a TV advert, Ryan Giggs has had a hair cut or Rio Ferdinand has learnt another new word. You know, important stuff that everyone wants to know about.

Francis to Burnley is my shout. Or Todd.

I was thinking this one as well, but I think Bumley are well enough equipped at the back at the moment!! (will concede as many as they score and end up in 1st Division). All in all these will be confirmed as departures before the 2007/08 season kicks-off.

- - -

OK, we're early, but here goes. Derby County want Andy Todd. I thought it would be all done and dusted today, but there has been a lot going at Pride Park. Wee Billy Davies has just signed a new deal and brought in some staff and Rob Earnshaw.

Derby isn't too much of a surprise and hope it works out for Toddy.

He'll be a useful signing down there and as Nicko stated, it will be an emotional move for the player, the club and the fans with his father being a big favourite at the old Baseball Ground.

- - -

The surprise is Jason Brown. Found out today that Crystal Palace want him to be their number one. Peter Taylor has two keepers but neither of them are of real quality. The player may fancy first-team football, although I would imagine Rovers could do without the hassle of finding a new reserve for Big Brad. It will cost them obviously, but Palace think he is their ideal choice for the role. That one should progress soon too.

So there we go...hope it was worth the wait.

Certainly worth the wait, but fairly weird with the player involved. If the player really asked for first team football, then I would imagine some sort of loan deal could be arranged with an immediate 24hr re-call. However as Nicko stated, we don't have great cover for Brad and Brown is certainly part of the plans under Mark Hughes. I favoured Enks to be moving on this season after such a long and barren spell on the sidelines. With regards to Gunnar Nielsen, the keeper probably has a lot of potential, but too raw and a loan move would be possible, but I'm sure that Alan Kelly & Kevin Hitchcock would like to work with him for a month or so.

All in all, Jason Brown transfer won't go though. Mark my words on that one, but nice story all the same.

I think the Bellamy saga will go on and on. Thought he would move a while back, but they have let Garcia go and want shot of Cisse.

Maybe Rafa will need him after all...and he will hang out for the silly money if he doesn't. I don't think there is any need to spend crazzy money on him unless there is a big 'can't refuse' offer for Benni McCarthy or Jason Roberts.

I can't see Bellar's making a return to Ewood.

We're alright in the forward line at the moment, but as the transfer of Benni looks to be fairly imminent, then this could be a possible move for the player, especially if Roberts makes a surprise exit.

Need to press on with the day job.

But one more bit of news.

Rovers want far more for Roberts than Fulham have offered or will pay. I think this will rumble for a while.

I can't see any way he will be sold without a replacement guaranteed - and the Benni situation resolved.

It is a bit messy at the moment, but this time last year McCarthy, Roberts, Nonda and Jeffers all arrived in a hurry.

No-one expected that foursome - plus young Derbyshire - to bring success. By the end of the season you had as good a striking quartet as any around.

But who knows what happens next. It is going to be a testing few weeks.

I am not saying there will be four new strikers or four departures, but right now anything is possible.

All in all, Jason Brown transfer won't go though. Mark my words on that one, but nice story all the same.

At this moment in time I am prepared to believe Nicko as he hasn't let us down yet - why do you think Brown wont go?

I would look out for some fireworks on the Jason Roberts front today. Fulham will probably make an official move as the Diomansy Kamara deal from West Brom is stuttering a bit.

What they offer will probably be rejected, but the right price might prove tempting.

Another interesting report this one.

I think the initial offer is certainly some sort of an insult, however if they offer a price in excess of £3.5 million, then discussions will take place. Mr Sanchez is really ripping his forward line down to shreds and if he can find a big target man for the 'right money' (Jason Roberts for example), then he'll be able to capture the signing of David Healy to make his affordable deam of an ideal forward line come through.

At this moment in time I am prepared to believe Nicko as he hasn't let us down yet - why do you think Brown wont go?

Nicko has been of quality and will certainly lend his hand to a fair bit of controversy and discussions. But I think that Palace are pushing above their weight on this transfer target and will be a team who will be in the Championship for the 2008/09 season. Palace won't be able to offer a decent amount of cash for the keeper and the transfer package they will come up with will be to do with appearance/performance related. Certainly under Mark Hughes, Brown is rated very highly and I think in a year or so (possibly earlier, god forbid) we'll need a keeper to stand-in and then replace Brad and this is the man for it. There just really isn't too many great keepers around to play second fiddle for 1-2 seasons and the club will see this as a huge step-backward as a quality keeper is essential to any team.

Brown will get a few more games this season and we'll see Enks leave to join Championship club and Nielsen will probably move out on loan to another club to gain priceless experience to progress further. As for the link to Weaver, I would probably dismiss this one. However Tim Flowers could have provided a decent reference for him to Rovers and I don't think Weaver would want to move down a division to Coventry despite them to be strongly contesting for promotion.

We've also got talented keepers coming through the youth, in the form of Zak Jones and Andy Arestidou, so a purchase of another keeper will be out of the question for the time being.

This all points to Mido coming back in the picture................I think Hughes rates him very highly and chased him a long time this time last year......................what do you say Nicko???Any whispers of Mido & Blackburn Rovers?

I think Hughes rates him very highly

Hughes does rate him, as quite a few managers do. I think the problem is his attitude and lack of commitment. There is no doubt he will score you goals but it's a case of motivating him to push on to the top level and score you more goals.

If we don't get bellamy then the key is keeping Benni

I very much doubt we'll be splashing the cash around somehow, with a takeover in the offing.

In any case, the way forward for the club is to make the odd blockbuster signing and couple that with astute purchases of unknowns who can be developed into genuine top-class performers.

Easier said than done but Hughes is doing a fantastic job!

If we don't get bellamy then the key is keeping Benni

i agree modes. i feel bellamy is better than benni anyway and he's a couple of years younger. ideally we could keep both, but if benni wants a big payday then get the money and add it to the investment from our new owners.

niko is right in saying that we did alright last season with jeffers and nonda. roberts was mostly injured too. with a bit of luck rigters can do a job and we'll be fine.

If it's any help these are the agent's comments today.

West Brom and Derby have joined the race to sign wantaway Blackburn defender Andy Todd.

Todd's agent Peter Harrison has confirmed the interest of the two clubs in Todd, who has only 12 months left of his current contract at Ewood Park.

Albion need to strengthen their back four with doubts surrounding the future of Curtis Davies, Paul McShane and Paul Robinson.

The 32-year-old is likely to cost around £700,000.

Harrison told the Birmingham Mail: "West Brom have shown an interest and there have been initial talks held recently but that's as far as it's gone.

"Andy has one year left but he's keen to leave. We are in discussion with a number of clubs with Albion and Derby among those keen on him.

"It's still too early to say where Andy will end up but hopefully something will be resolved soon."

I WOULD STILL FANCY DERBY IF THEY PAY THE MONEY REQUESTED...

Not heard anything on the incoming front - apart from the old favourites of Bellamy and Beattie once Liverpool and Everton start talking sensible figures.

I did hear there was an interest in Tuncay Sanli before he went to Middlesbrough. The wages and agent's fee on that one were totally stupid. He is a good player, but...

I know Nonda and Roma are looking for daft money.

Blackburn are tough negotiators, so I would not worry about being left short. Either of money or of replacements.

With the Inter Toto coming up they won't let themselves be caught out like that.

At least that competition may bring some of the business to a head soon rather than the usual August 31 mayhem.

Archived