BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Fulham will come back for Jason Roberts, sooner and with more money than was probably imagined.

I believe this one is developing faster than expected, which will leave a bit of a hole in the forward line.

I have heard of a very interesting foreign striker being offered to the club but it is too early to mention his name as there are some doubts about who his agent is - and what the cost would be.

But it is starting to sound like there could be one in and one out in the forward department.

Would be nice to name the new striker target in the Sunday People of course... :rolleyes:

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're asking seriously hydrangeas often need a couple of years to settle in before they flower. Ours have all taken at least 2. As long as they grow and put on plenty of greenery, don't worry. Here ends gardeners' question time!

Nicko, if you're ever short of a story - perhaps you venture into the gardening section?

Fulham will come back for Jason Roberts, sooner and with more money than was probably imagined.

I believe this one is developing faster than expected, which will leave a bit of a hole in the forward line.

I have heard of a very interesting foreign striker being offered to the club but it is too early to mention his name as there are some doubts about who his agent is - and what the cost would be.

But it is starting to sound like there could be one in and one out in the forward department.

Would be nice to name the new striker target in the Sunday People of course... :rolleyes:

another Mikel saga? :rolleyes:

thanks for the info again nicko!

although I'm not too sure if I want to get rid of Roberts..we need a big strong striker like him, and he certainly proved his worth towards the end of last season! and another point is the friendship between Roberts and Benni, we might wanna keep Roberts to convince Benni to stay

Our problems last season were not up front but in CENTRE MIDFIELD.

We have 3 crocs, a Turkish pensioner and a South African Central Defender.

I think we should be looking to strengthen here...

There are no guarantees on Reid after all his injury problems. Savage and Tugay are past their best. We can't rely on Dunn and the axe can only defend.

Maybe Sparky has something up his sleeve....????

A bit concerned about all the Roberts rumours - Fulham must be getting some encouragement from somewhere - be it the club or the players agent. It has to be a worry that Roberts leaving (if he does) would further unsettle McCarthy (as they seem to be big buddies off the field).

£4m would be excellent business for a player of Robert's age - but I do wonder who we could replace him with.

However - I trust in MH - we don't need the money - and I am sure will only sell if MH feels he has a better player lined up.

What was a quiet summer - has suddenly gone up a notch in the last week.

Our problems last season were not up front but in CENTRE MIDFIELD.

We have 3 crocs, a Turkish pensioner and a South African Central Defender.

I think we should be looking to strengthen here...

There are no guarantees on Reid after all his injury problems. Savage and Tugay are past their best. We can't rely on Dunn and the axe can only defend.

Maybe Sparky has something up his sleeve....????

I too would like to see a young promising midfield player brought in - but I feel you underestimate our midfield resources.

The Axe was excellent in the second half of last season - and can no longer be consider a centre half (IMO he wasn't that great in defence anyway). Also - Bentley can player centre midfield.

Tugay only faded (again IMO) because of the number of games he had to play.

There are no guarantees about our injured duo - but all we need is one of them to get back to full fitness quickly - and I feel we are covered.

Also,don't forget that Dunn has yet to have a pre-season with Hughes - just wait till he works some of the old MH magic on him - we will have the old Dunny back in no time :tu:

Welcome Carlos. :):tu:

is it gudjohnsen?

Agreed.

On the face of it 4m is fairly tempting for Roberts at his age. However, are there any guarantees Benni will still be with us come August 31st?

And assuming we miss out on Bellamy - I'll believe us spending 8m + on a player when I see it - it could leave us looking very threadbare up front.

Agreed.

On the face of it 4m is fairly tempting for Roberts at his age. However, are there any guarantees Benni will still be with us come August 31st?

And assuming we miss out on Bellamy - I'll believe us spending 8m + on a player when I see it - it could leave us looking very threadbare up front.

If we get 4m for Roberts I am sure we can get 8m together for Bellamy. What we won't be able to do is offer him the sort of wages West Ham are talking about.

I know the fans would love to see him coming back, but I am not sure all of the players would.

And don't press me on that one :tu:

I think you are partially correct on this one. It is a vibe that I got since he left.

That would be a big deciding factor and maybe this is an image Bellars could have. However chatting to him after his final game for Rovers he stated he had a true affiliation with the club and staff and would only be going to Liverpool as they were his childhood club. I would welcome Bellamy back if we begrudingly decide to sell Jason Roberts. All the same I would be content with:-

McCarthy, Roberts, Derbyshire, Rigters.

It woluld be an absolute disaster to lose both Roberts and McCarthy. In my mind, we'd need to bring in two top quality strikers in order to progress. With West Ham, Man City, Aston Villa and probably Portsmouth all able to out bid us and offer higher wages, we wouldn't stand a chance of landing two top quality strikers.

I have heard of a very interesting foreign striker being offered to the club but it is too early to mention his name

You say "very interesting", are we talking about a player playing in a top league in Europe, and also for his country?

I will only write the tale once I know it's a live one. Good name, quality pedigree [sounds like a Crufts contestant!]. But to be fair to all involved it needs to go a bit further, which hopefully it will do shortly.

It would be a good signing if it comes off. Not a dud, but a current international at a very big club. Hefty wages, but fee should be within the budget. Quite exciting.

Fulham got a great buy in Steven Davis today methinks!

Yep, Steven Davis has the potential to be a very good player. He's excellent technically.

Quite why O'Neill has seen fit to replace him with the over-priced and mediocre Reo-Coker is a mystery.

Bloody hell stu, bit optimistic that - still 14.650m to go if that were the case! :blink:

Yeah, OK, Ill give you that Simon. :lol:

It would be a good signing if it comes off. Not a dud, but a current international at a very big club. Hefty wages, but fee should be within the budget. Quite exciting.

He doesnt happen to be French does he? and maybe being ousted by an Argentinian?

Archived