Valencia

-

Lyon

-

Is there more? :)

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is hilarious. Fair play - it's loads better than any other transfer rumour thread which has ever been on the MB.

But only because the word sycophant is in the dictionary.

At the end of last season, the Mirror was dirt on this messageboard, because every day that rag had a story to undermine Rovers. Players leaving, sh!t happening, etc etc ...

"Nicko" was part of the problem then, a million miles away from being part of the solution.

However, the rags which still seem to give "Nicko" the most time and space remain the Mirror and the People. The odd column inch in the Indy must seem like manna from heaven. The "exclusive" which couldn't be revealed about Jason Brown was revealed damn quick on this forum when the papers couldn't give a sh!t and the story was worthless.

And every single contribution from "Nicko" on this thread is only red top tittle tattle. We're reading it on a blue and white internet forum instead of in a red topped sports section. It's bizarre - people are asking for more unsubstantiated rubbish from "Nicko" but when "Nicko" was getting the same sh!te into the red tops 8 weeks ago the response on here was vitriolic.

Apologies for being so cynical. You've got a fellow journalist reading (and I know you know him) - but he will never help you. So just keep posting the rumours - we need a laugh.

And every single contribution from "Nicko" on this thread is only red top tittle tattle. We're reading it on a blue and white internet forum instead of in a red topped sports section. It's bizarre - people are asking for more unsubstantiated rubbish from "Nicko" but when "Nicko" was getting the same sh!te into the red tops 8 weeks ago the response on here was vitriolic.

Well, if I am reading it in the Sun or the News of the World or looking for it on here from Nicko I dont care because it all gets me excited for the new season. True or not it gets the blood going anyway and I welcome it. I was one of many who signed in the other night when Nicko said he had some news to reveal and even though none of it has happened yet it did get my Blue and White blood interested.

Reet, I am off to read the daily sport and how some womans son has turned into a fish finger - sounds plausible :P

Wasnt the record so far when Duff left?

The highest genuine figure I know of, there have been some daft ones thrown up by glitches during upgrades, was:

and 592 members plus 525 guests on September 6th 2004

We did have another occassion when 636 members where on line but I don't know how many guests - I think that was the Duff sale but can't be sure

Big clubs:

Bayern Munich

- Santa Cruz

Inter

- Recoba

- Julio Cruz

Juventus

- Zalayeta

AS Roma

- Nonda :P

- Vucinic

Milan

- Inzaghi

- Gilardino

Barcelona

- Gudjohnsen

- Saviola

Real Madrid

- Cassano

Sevilla

- Chevanton

- Kanoute

Valencia

-

Lyon

-

Is there more? :)

Birmingham City

- Mikael Forssell

- Dudley "DJ" Campbell

I will only write the tale once I know it's a live one. Good name, quality pedigree [sounds like a Crufts contestant!]. But to be fair to all involved it needs to go a bit further, which hopefully it will do shortly.

It would be a good signing if it comes off. Not a dud, but a current international at a very big club. Hefty wages, but fee should be within the budget. Quite exciting.

Its not that Dutch bloke from Celtic is it? He sounds like a Crufts winner to me!

this all means that if were after whoever niko is on about it may be bellamy no more. though personally i rekon rovers wil fight for bellamy. go on niko give us a clue which league does the player your on about play in :rover:

Yep, Steven Davis has the potential to be a very good player. He's excellent technically.

Quite why O'Neill has seen fit to replace him with the over-priced and mediocre Reo-Coker is a mystery.

Yeah have to say this is an absolute cracking player, but we had too many midfielders to sign Davo.

If Tugay never penned a new deal, then this would have been an ideal replacement. I think Lawrie is going to keep Fulham at least in mid-table.

Right back to the thread.

I would welcome Gudjohnson, Freddie Kanoute or Roy Maakay (who coincidently signed for Feyenoord) from the list of realistic signings from top European strikers, but it would only have to happen if we lost one of our high profile strikers. To be honest I haven't seen enough of Saviola, Recoba who would be realistic targets for us to make an offer.

As for Santa Cruz, Inzaghi, back down to reality mate or go out for some fresh Finnish air.

Yet another rumour confirmed...

Today's LET.

Blackburn Rovers have held talks with Derby County regarding a deal for Andy Todd.

However, they have yet to receive an acceptable offer for the experienced defender.

"I've had dialogue with a club but we haven't received an offer we can accept as yet," said chairman John Williams.

I think the Bellamy for West Ham and Fulham new bid for Roberts tales were none too shabby either.

And Rigters signed for Celtic didn't he?

And that takeover stuff? Total tosh obviously. Dan Williams? Never heard of the guy. Oh, look he's over talking money. :unsure:

Incidentally the work put in by you fans chasing down the mystery target is quite brilliant. And that's no lie.

Anyway, just off to make a few more red-top tittle-tattle tales up. :lol:

Big clubs:

Bayern Munich

- Santa Cruz => Might be a good shout.

Inter

- Recoba => No thanks, is not him, Hughes knows better

- Julio Cruz => see above

Juventus

- Zalayeta => see above

AS Roma

- Nonda :P => nope

- Vucinic => They just bought him, so no chance there

Milan

- Inzaghi => No way, he would not fit in the Premier League, can't be him either

- Gilardino => I think Milan want something like £15m for him, so thats a no no

Barcelona

- Gudjohnsen => Might be him..

- Saviola => It also might be him.

Real Madrid

- Cassano => No chance!

Sevilla

- Chevanton => Don't think so

- Kanoute => among the top scores in spain, and in a top 3 side. No chance!

Ok, so far I would say the mystery man can be:

Santa Cruz, Gudjohnsen or Saviola. With ManU going for Tevez we might trow Saha in there also.

Nico, are we talking about a player based in Great Britain?

Santa Cruz, Gudjohnsen or Saviola. With ManU going for Tevez we might trow Saha in there also.

Any of those would be awesome- however their must be some doubt whether they would come to Rovers from their prospective clubs unless we offer them a simalr wage packet to what we offered the little hunchback to stay

You are warm, but in the interests of getting the player in it might be best to keep it 'dark' at the moment.

And that's not dodging the issue or the question.

PS. I believe Bellamy is at West Ham just now incidentally.

Those strikers are the type of player that could really propel us up the league. I believe that all are capable of scoring 20+ In the current rovers side. All however are very different in style and I would personally not have a preference if it does turn out to be one the proposed strikers in question.

Archived