BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Todd to Derby will go ahead if the fee can be compromised. They are apart by quite a bit.

Waiting to find out what Crystal Palace will pay for Jason Brown.

Fulham and Jason Roberts may drag a bit.

On the incoming I think there could be a Bellamy result by the weekend - and if he goes elsewhere there will have to be another target.

In other words, lots going on, but going on slowly.

The Derby paper came up with this follow-up today. Think you might have seen this about 9pm on Tuesday.

Tyrone Mears has become Derby County's second summer signing and now the Rams are eyeing Andy Todd, the son of club legend Colin Todd.

Mears helped Derby to clinch promotion to the Premier League last season during his loan spell from West Ham United.

He has completed a £1m move and the full-back could be followed by Todd, who has 12 months remaining on his contract with Blackburn Rovers but looks set to leave Ewood Park.

I understand the tough 32-year-old centre-back is a target of Rams boss Billy Davies.

Andy Todd to Derby will go ahead if the fee can be compromised. They are apart by quite a bit.

Waiting to find out what Crystal Palace will pay for Jason Brown.

Fulham and Jason Roberts may drag a bit.

On the incoming I think there could be a Bellamy result by the weekend - and if he goes elsewhere there will have to be another target.

In other words, lots going on, but going on slowly.

Nicko.

Who is funding a possible Bellars transfer then? Surely the trust aren't going to throw that kind of money around? I suspect that's where the money has to come from, eh? As the trust seem like business people to the bone I don't see a departure gift of that calibre out of the goodness of their hearts. If it's a budget thing-of-a-gig, then the money has to come from the TV deal alone.

Nicko.

Who is funding a possible Bellars transfer then? Surely the trust aren't going to throw that kind of money around? I suspect that's where the money has to come from, eh? As the trust seem like business people to the bone I don't see a departure gift of that calibre out of the goodness of their hearts. If it's a budget thing-of-a-gig, then the money has to come from the TV deal alone.

With TV money I dont think questions like that need to be asked over a sub £15m net spend.

Nicko, I planted out 3 hydrangea plants last autumn in different parts of the garden with different sun aspects. They all grown nicely and have plenty of green about them but none of them have flowered, or show any signs of doing so. Do they have to be a certain age before they flower? If not, any suggestions what I may be doing wrong?

Nicko, I planted out 3 hydrangea plants last autumn in different parts of the garden with different sun aspects. They all grown nicely and have plenty of green about them but none of them have flowered, or show any signs of doing so. Do they have to be a certain age before they flower? If not, any suggestions what I may be doing wrong?

:lol: I enjoyed that a bit too much

Rovers would find money for Bellamy, they always do to be fair. But I don't think that is the issue here.

He is a complex character and might see going back to Blackburn as an admission of defeat.

The vibes I am getting, like I feared earlier, are that he is going to West Ham. He will get slaughtered for the size of the contract, but that never troubled him before.

I know the fans would love to see him coming back, but I am not sure all of the players would.

And don't press me on that one :tu:

Nicko - do you ever make money betting on events happening. Like if you know when a new manager is going to appointed at a club before its announced - have you never had a few quid on it?

PS. Thanks for the info on here - much appreciated :tu:

Yes, quite a lot. Currently facing a sore loss on Sven. So much for good 'inside info' there. :angry:

Mind you, who would have imagined a Thai exile billionaire coming and the second-choice Swede being his manager after Claudio Ranieri said 'no.'

You would have thought I had been sniffing the hydrangeas too much if I had suggested that for a double act.

He went to Liverpool on £40K a week turning down Rovers' offered £60K.

I think it is odds on that West Ham will be offering over £100K a week and Rovers won't go near that number and rightly so. Combine that with West Ham offering a gratuitously large transfer fee to Liverpool.

West Ham really are an absolute disaster for the Premier League and as always, it is Rovers who end up the wrong end of dastardly deeds.

Probability of Bellamy keeping his cool and Curbishley also keeping control- 0% (and that is on the high side).

I know the West Ham offer is in the Lucas Neill range, about £75,000-a-week. Those were the figures being bandied about a month or more ago. It's hard to turn down and I would think - quite rightly - that Blackburn would be reluctant to pay him.

The best hope is that he says 'no' to Hammers but I have a feeling that won't happen.

This might get done by the weekend, so at least he will be off the radar.

Easy for me to be philosophical, but I think it's just one you let go by.

McCarthy scored more goals than him last time, so it's no crisis unless Benni bolts...

I know the West Ham offer is in the Lucas Neill range, about £75,000-a-week. Those were the figures being bandied about a month or more ago. It's hard to turn down and I would think - quite rightly - that Blackburn would be reluctant to pay him.

The best hope is that he says 'no' to Hammers but I have a feeling that won't happen.

This might get done by the weekend, so at least he will be off the radar.

Easy for me to be philosophical, but I think it's just one you let go by.

McCarthy scored more goals than him last time, so it's no crisis unless Benni bolts...

I can't see Curbishley being able to "control" Bellamy unlike Hughesy. Bellamy openly admits that he had his best season with Rovers, plus there's the realistic chance of European football, so I think this might run and run a bit longer before he goes anywhere.

There an article on the news now network suggestingFulham are to up their offer to around 4m for Roberts which would appear to be a trigger fee for Rovers acceptance !

From the daughter, Franny Jeffers is ready to move to Ipswich after they have tabled a more appropriate offer to Rovers, it sppears it will be concluded before the weekend is out.

I'd say £4m for Roberts is about right. Not that I'm particularly keen to sell, but the player does have his limitations and I feel that money could be used elsewhere. If we get a total of £6m-ish for Roberts, Jeffers and Todd, then I would be happy enough if that was used to get Bellamy back.

McCarthy

Bellers

Rigters

Matty

That's got quality written all over it.

If you're asking seriously hydrangeas often need a couple of years to settle in before they flower. Ours have all taken at least 2. As long as they grow and put on plenty of greenery, don't worry. Here ends gardeners' question time!

Archived