BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F K Vetra 0 Blackburn Rovers 2

FK Vetra v Blackburn Rovers
1st leg: 22st July 2007, 5pm (UK time)
2nd leg: 28th July 2007, 3pm (UK time)

Vytis of http://www.tornados.ahost.lt/forum/ has kindly agreed to answer some questions about his club and give his views about the intertoto cup tie against our beloved Rovers. Vytis is a Vetra supporter who is studying in Aberdeen and will be attending the 2nd leg at Ewood Park. He is now also a member of our forum by the username of Zanaz.

Vytis, Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to contribute to this match preview.

*As Lithuanian football is relatively unknown here in England, I wonder if you could tell us a little more about your club and its brief history?

Well everything is pretty much here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_V%C4%97tra
Our club is only 10 years old. It progressed from the regional leagues (4th level) to the top league and has played in the Intertoto 4 years in a row. It was purchased by some Russian business man last year. He brought some good players, Skerla being the most famous.

*What do you know about Blackburn Rovers and is English football popular in Lithuania?

The English Premier League and England National team are very popular in Lithuania, especially the top4...

*How well have Vetra performed this season and where do you expect to finish in the league?

It performed worse than expected and the manager was sacked a month ago. Former player Vencevicius stepped in and after that we won against champions Kaunas and runners-up Ekranas, Llanelli and Legia...I hope we finish anywhere to qualify for European Cups 2-4th

*You had to overcome Legia Warsaw in Round 2, what did you make of the trouble at half-time and do you feel the punishment handed out by UEFA was justified?

I think the punishment was very reasonable... I was surprised that FIFA did not fine Legia financially but they have told them to compensate the damage to Vetra stadium (15000£)

*Vetra were 2-0 up at that point, was it a deserved lead and do you feel that you would have progressed through to the next round if the crowd trouble hadn't happened?

Well you can download the match and judge yourself http://www.mininova.org/tor/784929 - I am always optimistic and I am sure we'll progress to UEFA cup group stage :))

*The most important question... How do you feel Vetra will fair against Blackburn Rovers and do you have a score prediction?

I would say 1:0 Vetra at home and 0:0 in Blackburn

*Which player in your opinion will pose the biggest threat to Rovers?

All of them ;)

*How many Vetra supporters would you expect to attend each game?

I hope it will be a sell-out in Vilnius (5300 seats unless there will be no basketball match on that day) and I hope there will be 200-300 Lithuanian immigrants at Ewood park and 0 to 5 fans from Lithuania

Thanks again Vytis,

Your thoughts and predictions please people...

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away leg has me slightly worried with the possible difference in fitness levels betwen the two sides.Cant say I know much about Vetra but I'm sure they'll see Rovers as one very big scalp to take.

I think we will do most damage at Ewood with Rovers running out 4-1 aggregate winners.

THE FOOTBALL SEASONS NEARLY HERE FOLKS!!!!! :rover:

Hi there Vytis and welcome to BRFCS site. I was very interested to note that you mentioned your best player as Skerla; would that be Andrea Skerla that played for Dunfermline Athletic in the Scottish Premier League for a few seasons? He was a Lithuanian international and for DAFC (my local team), he was a very good centre back. I was very sorry to see him leave straight after playing for Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup Final.

Anyway, good luck to you in your studies at Aberdeen Uni, but I am sorry I cannot wish Vetra the same when they play us. Very glad you got a bit of justice from EUAFA in your tussel with Legia. Good luck for the rest of the games you are involved in.

"I hope it will be a sell-out in Vilnius (5300 seats unless there will be no basketball match on that day) and I hope there will be 200-300 Lithuanian immigrants at Ewood park and 0 to 5 fans from Lithuania"

Would have been a bumper gate if we'd have played Legia. Intack would have emptied!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 16 2007, 20:19 ) 528230[/snapback]
Its listed on the Setanta advertisements, but not on the schedules at this moment.

Its GP2 racing listed as I type this.

Thanks, maybe the were still waiting for confirmation of when the game is to be played when they brought the advert out and haven't yet updated their listings.

Hope it is on (I can go to the pub and watch it :tu: )

tickets for season ticket holders for 2nd leg are £5, then go on open sale on 17th, tomorrow. does this mean that as a season ticket holder and i havent bought mine today, that i will have to pay £10 when i buy it tomorrow. anybody know?

The opening leg is on Setanta according to their website, as far as I am aware there is no interest in screening the home leg.

There is plenty of interest up here! And not only from us local Rovers fans. On July 28th my daughter is getting married and there will be a number of hardened Rovers fans (most of them S/T holders) up here for the occasion. I was hoping to set the TV and DVD recorder to record the 2nd leg when and if I ever find out which channel it is on!!

There is plenty of interest up here! And not only from us local Rovers fans. On July 28th my daughter is getting married and there will be a number of hardened Rovers fans (most of them S/T holders) up here for the occasion. I was hoping to set the TV and DVD recorder to record the 2nd leg when and if I ever find out which channel it is on!!

Sorry Fife, I meant no interest from TV companies, as it stands, its not on any channel.

For me I will be watching both games in Zante, Greece. the crux for Rovers is simply not to lose the away leg.

We still have the inability to defend despite a full complement of defenders but we retain the capacity to score.

Away leg 1-1

Home leg 3-0 Rovers

Archived