BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup 2nd Qualifying Rd

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't be worse than the previous one.

We had been waiting for him to retire for over a year.

:lol: The bloke has won you your only league title and been your most succesful euro-cup manager. Terrible indeed :lol:

Enough said about this MyPa guy and his line of thinking.

More to the topic, our sponsors (the betting agency) seems to place a poker tournament on thursday night 21.00 at the Sports Academy (next to Helsinki railway station). The news is, that the first prize is VIP packet trips to Blackburn Rovers home game -> I would imagine they'd plan to get some players/staff to hand the prizes/show up etc... It's probably worth a visit, if you make it back to town. 21.00 was the starting time, don't know for how long these tournaments last but if they get anyone from Rovers to attend it you'd probably make it at the same time...

I'm staying at Kouvola, so can't make it myself anyway.

The poker thingy is also part of somekind of a bar festival, so it means by chance there might be some decent 'discounts' at bars aswell. Saw Grolsch for 3,5 euros at some place :rover:

Have a good trip!

a Celtic Season Ticket holder at work suggests the ZETOR pub in Helsinki. This place has a tractor theme!!!!!.

It is in Mannerheimintie Street which is "opposite the main station, thru the passage in the ugly glass/steel building, and on the right as you come out in the open at the end of the passage".

The Helsinki Pub Guide (supplied by Jordan-who else !) states:

"Zetor is the place where you'll find a lot of local getting ######." My sort of place :rolleyes: see you there. :brfc:

While messing around I have come across this:

Apparently Romania has the 5th best league in EuropeUEFA League rankings, better than Germany's.

That can't be right?! Can it?

Those rankings reflect the performance by teams from those countries in European competition. So if you accept the UEFA points scoring system, Romania has outscored Germany in UEFA club competitions.

After an unbearable day of tension, just been home to get my 'Sorry We missed you card from Royal Mail' then round to the sorting office for my 1930s style Communist Tickets. Hooray... just in time for my early morning flight. Cooking on gas now..see you on the other side

Little bit ot.

I don't remember what was action last season, when Rovers play UEFA-cup match on Thursday. So is was next Premierleague match everytime next on Sunday.

I planning come to Blackburn for one weekend in October 5.10-7.10/8.10 look at the match. Then is Rovers-Brum match on Saturday 6.10.

And Rovers play UEFA-cup first round 2nd leg on Thursday 4.10.

What you think is this Rovers-Brum match normally on Saturday or set forward on Sunday, because Rovers play UEFA-cup on Thursday?

Archived