• Samba
    • Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

I dont know how we managed to find 2k people to buy tickets at that disgraceful price, but there you go. Very difficult game as well all know. I hope we dont go into the game too defensive, an early goal would see us get hamered. Be bold-and we may get a result.

2-1 them tho

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know how we managed to find 2k people to buy tickets at that disgraceful price, but there you go. Very difficult game as well all know. I hope we dont go into the game too defensive, an early goal would see us get hamered. Be bold-and we may get a result.

2-1 them tho

Against the odds I know but £39 will be worth it if we should get a result, or at the very least put in a strong performance.

and their corners. If we want to succeed this season then we'll really need to become more dangerous from corners. In games where we are struggling to create chances set peices should be something we could look to use. We have enough players who are good with their head to pose a real threat from set-pieces. We also have several players who are good at set-pieces. Somehow we haven't managed to work it out yet.

I hope Sparky will tell Bentley and MGP this:

"Either you find Samba's head or you find the goal!"

yellow sub, I assume you meant "Either you find Samba's head, or you will find the bench!" :)

I get to watch this one at home with my in-laws and the controller from my wife's work, who happens to be a ManU fan from Ireland starving to watch their matches. He's bringing the beer, so at least that's a small consolation for me....

Does anyone have any spare tickets, or know where I could possibly find some? I was tempted to buy a ticket in the Man Ure end, but that idea was soon pushed out of my head with the vision of the scary men in the orange coats dragging me away for going absolutely ballistic when Samba scores a 94th minute overhead kick to make it 3-2 to rovers.

If anyone knows of anywhere my e-mail is uncle_jacks_barmy_army@hotmail.com

I think that you have to see United as strong favourites going into the game - as it the case when anyone plays at OT.

However IF Rovers are going to win there this is the team that can do it. We'll need a lot of luck and need the ref to be strong but it's possible.

Hopefully our midfield will function this year, last seaon we were just totally over run in midfield and Derbs/Benni got no service up front.

I'd take a draw if we battle hard and get bit of luck.

1 - 1

Rooney, Bentley

I am sat in the East Stand in the United supporters. Got use of a Utd fans season tickets, costing me only beer and train fare to watch the match, and no contribution to the Yanks bank balance!

Fancy Britons Protection and Corbieres I think, as usual!

The ref situation might not be bad... we got foy, who has one of the lowest 'cards per game' ratios of the prem refs at about 2 per game. He's reffed us once fairly well this season (the pompey home loss). However, this is his first match reffing ManU this season, so you never know how the Fergie Factor will play out. He did also ref the 4-1 reverse we had at ManU last season, and although I remember that game being awful due to ManU controlling the second half, I don't recall any horrible decisions agasint us, but I have a short memory for those, typically.

Cheers rebel, s'a good read. Nice to see Fergie respecting what Rovers are all about now although he still refers to us as aggressive.

I agree but I believe that he looks upon our aggressive game as a positive thing. Either way it is better than his relationship with Arse and co, I think we should look upon statements like this with pleasure as it shows the strides we have been making.

That was a good read. He was very complimentary, actually (so was Lawro on the predictions site). We ARE aggressive, but so are United. We close teams down, make it difficult for them to play, and aren't afraid to tackle. And we can play a bit too. It's a good combo.

Archived